Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

13 minutes ago, santheman said:

Don't take it to heart Stevie

Anyone who doesn't agree with Boringboy's  views apparently talks "pish" but never mind, only another couple of months to go before he toddles over to the EOSL forum for good hopefully.

Another insightful contribution from one half of the Chuckle Brothers, you just keep racking them up :lol:

No posts to bump up?  You just cant stay away from here, you love the Pyramid.

Edited by Burnie_man

7 minutes ago, daleboy1969 said:

I see all the ambitious clubs are touting the BIG Scottish cup and the gazillions available from a favourable draw ..magic ...then tried to find the eosfl big cup clubs that have benefited ....HEE HAW.   Next season eosfl league two will be a junior league in all but name .AND THAT'S FORWARD THINKING PROGRESS .CATCH ON WILL YEEZ .JUST VOTE TJ OUT OFF HIS POST AND TAKE JUNIOR FOOTBALL INTO THE PYRAMID . 

Lothian Thistle HV played St Mirren this season. HTH

22 hours ago, Jeek said:

As for the 2 rumoured amateur teams, could Cupar Hearts be one of them? Always had a decent set up and tend to be quite successful?

Could be Cupar Hearts, but my prediction would be :  AM Soccer (Fife) AFC who's adult team is currently riding high in the Kingdom of Fife Premier League, and AMS did seriously enquire applying for one of the  Lowland League vacancies before it had its full compliment of 16 clubs.   This assumes that the club's home ground is of a reasonable standard ? 

15 minutes ago, daleboy1969 said:

I see all the ambitious clubs are touting the BIG Scottish cup and the gazillions available from a favourable draw ..magic ...then tried to find the eosfl big cup clubs that have benefited ....HEE HAW.   Next season eosfl league two will be a junior league in all but name .AND THAT'S FORWARD THINKING PROGRESS .CATCH ON WILL YEEZ .JUST VOTE TJ OUT OFF HIS POST AND TAKE JUNIOR FOOTBALL INTO THE PYRAMID . 

image.png.1c03d5f52d4dbdfee8758f8f1f3b61c5.png

11 minutes ago, santheman said:

Don't take it to heart Stevie

Anyone who doesn't agree with Boringboy's  views apparently talks "pish" but never mind, only another couple of months to go before he toddles over to the EOSL forum for good hopefully.

image.png.355bf31215e10921c500245296ffa2d5.png

20 minutes ago, daleboy1969 said:

Pardon?

3 hours ago, Jason King said:

You have just described football.

There was nothing in there to say why the junior "grade" is so special, it reads more as a paean to why Talbot are so much better than other clubs, that they may be but at the going down of the sun they are still just a small village club in what is essentially a meaningless league. No one outside of the Juniors cares for them (or anyone else down here) and wouldn't bat an eyelid if Talbot shut up shop tomorrow.

I've witnessed tremendous occasions in Welfare games, and that didnt make it any different from the tremendous occasions I've witnessed at international, European, EPL, EFL, SPL, SPFL, SFL, Junior, U-16s etc level.  If Talbot had joined the SFL in 1974 instead of Meadowbank you'd have had exactly the same ups and downs watching Talbot as you've had in the Juniors just with less gloryhunting.

Anyone who thinks that football isn't the same for fans of different clubs at different levels is clearly not thinking rationally about things.

You give the game away there, you actually are hostile and anything I say you will make no difference to you.  Any genuine football fan that would say they wouldn't bat an eyelid if a football club in Scotland were to shut up shop has an agenda. I certainly would never wish that on any club and it would sadden me. You make an arguement about being the same for all football fans but then state the the West Super Premier is meaningless, whilst claiming to be a Bens fan, you can't have it both ways. I get that some people don't agree with me about the Junior identity, I even concede that I am not explaining it very well given its complexities and subjectivity, but I gave it a go. However, it in some part was a waste of time, as you and all the acolytes who dive in with the green dots to support your anti Junior stance and your lack of grace towards an excellent non league club really would like to see the demise of the grade, and a widely respected club. 

Why are you on this forum? I suspect to gloat! 

Just seen the SPFL prize money. Interesting in that the team finishing bottom of League 2 will still pocket £42,000. Big money for the likes of Edinburgh City who will pocket slightly more assuming Cowden don't catch them.

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

They might have to drive an extra half hour to a couple of South of Scotland clubs if they join a full west league?

Cumnock are one of the sides who would be least affected by that - it's under 90 minutes to Castle Douglas, which is hardly any different to their trips to places like Kirkintilloch or Kilsyth.

47 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

However, it in some part was a waste of time, as you and all the acolytes who dive in with the green dots to support your anti Junior 

I note that you and your red dotting "acolytes" all appear to have a difficulty with actually comprehending what has been written in the post you quoted.