Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

3 hours ago, ArmadaleKillie said:

Armadale truly is a place of progress....

Armadale like Whitburn is the road to nowhere,at least the dale voted to be in favour of the pyramid unlike the jurassic committee at Central Park :thumbsdown

Edited by Whitburn Vale

This is now a everybody must leave the juniors post ..absolute garbage .if clubs want yo leave let them go .I would urge the beaks to expel any clubs turned down by the eosfl. As for clydebank the WEST region should show them the door .if they don't want to be junior goodbye . NOW LET THE REAL JUNIOR CLUBS CONTINUE IN SCOTLAND'S BIGGEST NON LEAGUE GRADE ..

You were that kid that used to take his ball home when he was losing weren’t you?

8 hours ago, Gimme said:

I wouldn't swap it and neither would any of those I was with.

The junior cup is probably the biggest difference between the east and west in that I just don't think its anywhere near as important to us as it is the west coast clubs.

Don't get me wrong I'd love Bonnyrigg to have won it recently but its not the be all and end all that it seems to be to clubs like Auchinleck and Glenafton.

I thought April fool was on the 1st

4 hours ago, santheman said:

What a pleasure reading a thread about Junior Football for a change.

22 minutes ago, santheman said:

Nice one Daleboy you've got all the usual suspects  frothing at the mouth on the end of your line with that one.

Boringboy and Groggsy's heads must be exploding 

Bumface indeed  :lol:

Santheman and Glenafton1893 are like the chuckle brothers oan here, one posts mind numbing pish the other just red dots as he cannae string a sentence together apart fae "its no a bauble".  As for the boy fae Armadale nae wonder everyones wanting to bail.  To me to you.  Ah, good to be back ^_^

image.png.340e5b9b442d5b0fd8f685dc7f9e2af9.png

3 minutes ago, Goalie Hamish said:

Santheman and Glenafton1893 are like the chuckle brothers oan here, one posts mind numbing pish the other just red dots as he cannae string a sentence together apart fae "its no a bauble".  As for the boy fae Armadale nae wonder everyones wanting to bail.  To me to you.  Ah, good to be back ^_^

image.png.340e5b9b442d5b0fd8f685dc7f9e2af9.png

Is that a selfie Hamish??

4 hours ago, daleboy1969 said:

This is now a everybody must leave the juniors post ..absolute garbage .if clubs want yo leave let them go .I would urge the beaks to expel any clubs turned down by the eosfl. As for clydebank the WEST region should show them the door .if they don't want to be junior goodbye . NOW LET THE REAL JUNIOR CLUBS CONTINUE IN SCOTLAND'S BIGGEST NON LEAGUE GRADE ..

Stick this on the side of a red bus son and drive up and doon outside Keltys ground, its their fault :lol:

So anyway good to see Camelon and Blackburn confirm, along with Dalkeith, three definite then and Bonnyrigg seem certain. Various little birdies whispering in my ear have mentioned Dundonald, Hill of Beath, Crossgates, Edinburgh, Musselburgh and Tranent but I see the last two are holding meetings before confirming.  One fae the West, Dunipace.  Theres probably mair and maybe a surprise or two but thats what I've heard.

3 hours ago, GordonS said:

This thread is hilarious.

Everybody is supporting what's best for their own team, which is fine, and red-dotting those who disagree, which is missing the point.

We're all fans of clubs at various levels because that suits our preferences. If it didn't, we wouldn't be fans of those clubs, we'd be following someone else or doing something else. To about half the football fans in Scotland, there are only two clubs worth following. To the vast majority, everything below the top 6 or so is shite. To those paying £12 for League One and Two, or who aspire to, Junior football is diddy and their level is fine. To me, what you get for £6 is great and other levels are too expensive, too boring or too rubbish.

Because we're all self-selecting.

There's no right answer to any of this, it's just a matter of preference. There are fundamentally different motivations between those who prefer what you get at the Old Firm, Hearts, Falkirk, Stenhousemuir, BSC Glasgow or Camelon. And that's fine. Just don't kid yourself that your opinion is the right one, or better than others, or best for Scottish football.

Yes there are different motivations and preferences, throughout the football world.

I therefore suggest that you forward your post to TJ & Co, because his/their plan is that every club should act and vote the same as each other. Dissenting voices with different views and future  preferences, may be bullied into being a 'collective.' Are junior clubs strong enough to follow their own preferred route, or will they bow to their leader (again) ?

18 minutes ago, stevie2502 said:

Why is everyone slated on here that is against moving to the pyramid?? I dont see the benefit of my team cumnock moving. If i wanted to support a senior team i would be at ayr or kilmarnock.

There are SO many anti-pyramid posts that suggest the poster really doesn't understand what the pro-pyramid options are.

Junior clubs joining the pyramid does not necessarily involve moving (to another league or association) nor does it necessarily involve turning senior.

Yes that's what some East Region clubs are in the process of doing, what Clydebank were planning, and what the proponents of a Senior WoSL want.

But the SJFA are proposing connecting the junior leagues to the pyramid en bloc while retaining their separate junior status.

That option may not come to fruition and we've no idea how many of the pro-pyramid clubs (other than those that have already applied to the EoSL) would rather be part of a continuation pyramid-SJFA and how many would rather leave. In fact the majority probably haven't even debated these options within their committees/membership. I know my club hasn't - yet!

Edited by archieb

19 minutes ago, stevie2502 said:

Why is everyone slated on here that is against moving to the pyramid?? I dont see the benefit of my team cumnock moving. If i wanted to support a senior team i would be at ayr or kilmarnock.

So tell the SJFA EGM that you want to stay in the juniors, and not be part of the pyramid. Simple and clear : don't get bullied into towing the party line.