Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

54 minutes ago, daleboy1969 said:

This is now a everybody must leave the juniors post ..absolute garbage .if clubs want yo leave let them go .I would urge the beaks to expel any clubs turned down by the eosfl. As for clydebank the WEST region should show them the door .if they don't want to be junior goodbye . NOW LET THE REAL JUNIOR CLUBS CONTINUE IN SCOTLAND'S BIGGEST NON LEAGUE GRADE ..

DALEBOY

Born: 1969, Armadale

Nationality: JUNIOR (REAL)

1 hour ago, daleboy1969 said:

This is now a everybody must leave the juniors post ..absolute garbage .if clubs want yo leave let them go .I would urge the beaks to expel any clubs turned down by the eosfl. As for clydebank the WEST region should show them the door .if they don't want to be junior goodbye . NOW LET THE REAL JUNIOR CLUBS CONTINUE IN SCOTLAND'S BIGGEST NON LEAGUE GRADE ..

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Err, Burntisland Shipyard would disagree with that.

Plus the EoS say:

"The Mission Statement for The East of Scotland Football League is "To Develop, Foster, Co-Ordinate and Sustain Association Football at Club and League level throughout Edinburgh, the Lothians, the Borders, Fife and Stirlingshire"

Potential bad news for Sauchie. People tend to forget Clackmannanshire is a separate entity from Stirlingshire.

1 hour ago, the rambler said:

What a mess in the East though with Junior teams jumping ship and getting a jump on the others. Could have a situation where Linlithgow and Boness are in lower leagues than Dalkeith etc.  

Quite right too:- You snooze you lose.              I only hope that there is lots of promotion/relegation over the first few seasons to let clubs find their level over the first 4 seasons.

This thread is hilarious.

Everybody is supporting what's best for their own team, which is fine, and red-dotting those who disagree, which is missing the point.

We're all fans of clubs at various levels because that suits our preferences. If it didn't, we wouldn't be fans of those clubs, we'd be following someone else or doing something else. To about half the football fans in Scotland, there are only two clubs worth following. To the vast majority, everything below the top 6 or so is shite. To those paying £12 for League One and Two, or who aspire to, Junior football is diddy and their level is fine. To me, what you get for £6 is great and other levels are too expensive, too boring or too rubbish.

Because we're all self-selecting.

There's no right answer to any of this, it's just a matter of preference. There are fundamentally different motivations between those who prefer what you get at the Old Firm, Hearts, Falkirk, Stenhousemuir, BSC Glasgow or Camelon. And that's fine. Just don't kid yourself that your opinion is the right one, or better than others, or best for Scottish football.

I've thoroughly enjoyed this thread, I've no axe to grind one way or the other.

To the best of my recollection I've only seen one junior game, Sunnybank against somebody , I've been to Allan Park, Cove, too, but they were amateur back then.

My opinion is all the grades should be joined up into the pyramid, how that is achieved is another matter.

The SSFL has the potential for 5 (if Dalbeattie are to be relegated from the LL) Licensed clubs for next season.  If there was to be a WoSFL, surely these clubs currently in the system have 1st refusal to join the new setup, but even at that, is it fair they get to jump from T6 to T5?  I don't believe so.

The whole discussion is fascinating, but rushing it is not going to work!

Would it maybe make sense to have some sort of penalty for rejecting promotion say two seasons in a row to attempt to stop clubs blocking other clubs from progressing or if a club rejects promotion the runners up are offered promotion?

8 minutes ago, boulderdomb said:

Would it maybe make sense to have some sort of penalty for rejecting promotion say two seasons in a row to attempt to stop clubs blocking other clubs from progressing or if a club rejects promotion the runners up are offered promotion?

To avoid saying 'naw', they could send key members of the squad off on a 'stag do' or on holiday for any pesky play offs that should arise! That'd never happen in real life though, eh....

Edited by cmontheloknow

On the news tonight dinosaur footprints we're found on Skye they said to be 13 million years old .it's now come to light that they are only 8 months old as Tom Johnstone and Scott Robertson said its was theirs as they we're on holiday last year.