Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

2 minutes ago, ian mac said:

that's why some superleague clubs are getting anxious about the timing they would prefer to go as a unit but some are dragging their heels and Winton and Dalry could steal a march on them by going 1st and entering at a higher level this is what's worrying the buffs 

There are clubs in the east that cant see that lower league clubs will enter at a higher level than them.you snooze you loose.

7 hours ago, lithgierose said:

There are clubs in the east that cant see that lower league clubs will enter at a higher level than them.you snooze you loose.

Are Linlithgow going to move for next season? a no brainer as you're already licenced and looking like Bonnyrigg will go as well.

7 minutes ago, Goalie Hamish said:

Are Linlithgow going to move for next season? a no brainer as you're already licenced and looking like Bonnyrigg will go as well.

You would think so.but imo I doubt it.there will be wee remarks made to some for even suggesting it.60k or whatever spent on lights,for what ?.if the sfa  move the goalposts again and linlithgow get the licence removed (like someone hinted on ) and bonnyrigg,boness and if rumours are true camelon move.the game is done.

21 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

You would think so.but imo I doubt it.there will be wee remarks made to some for even suggesting it.60k or whatever spent on lights,for what ?.if the sfa  move the goalposts again and linlithgow get the licence removed (like someone hinted on ) and bonnyrigg,boness and if rumours are true camelon move.the game is done.

Camelon are going, seems like Bonnyrigg will go, Musselburgh as well I hear, the games done right there.

9 hours ago, Bluenortherner said:

Kello Rovers are hinting a South of Scotland move.

While the Senior non-leagues have a few, I think I'm right in saying that Kello Rovers, being from outwith Ayrshire ar ethe only geographical anomaly in the Juniors (though I suppose Stirlingshire is a bit complicated in East/West).

9 hours ago, Bluenortherner said:

Kello Rovers are hinting a South of Scotland move.

I hadn't realised they were from Dumfries & Galloway. Having traditionally been a District level side, its a move they may have been considering this year due to the move to Region wide leagues.

With the noises being made about other Ayrshire sides interested in moving Senior it could take a slightly different spin on things. SoSFL has a deadline of April 30th and already has 15 clubs, 16 if Wigtown return. Add a few more and they'd have to change up their format.

On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 00:28, Robert James said:

Yes ideally the Pyramid can't be complete without both a West and a North feeder league system. In the north, the feeder leagues would be the :

* North Region Junior Super League - currently 14 clubs 

* North Caledonian League - currently 9 clubs,  plus Lewis & Harris FC  and  Shetland FC who only participate in some NCL Cup Competitions each season

However there have been no North Junior applications to join the HFL since 2009, and the only club already licensed (Banks O'Dee) has recently announced that it no longer wishes to be elected (or promoted) to the HFL.

Neither have there been any recent applications from clubs in the North Caledonian League, since Wick Academy (1994/95 ),  Fort William (1985/86 ) and Brora Rangers (1963/64) were elected to the HFL, and only one current NCL club holds an SFA licence (Golspie Sutherland).

Hence it is self evident that there is no  demand for a northern pyramid at the present tim......., whereas a West feeder league is overdue and essential.

How do you know he's a Celtic fan???

If this Kello thing is legit it's a bit of an eyeopener given they are in super first at the moment and are already doing the region wide travelling.  Suspect they would fancy their chances of being in the playoff to get into the Lowland League reasonably regularly given the level of competition in the SoS.

If this Kello thing is legit it's a bit of an eyeopener given they are in super first at the moment and are already doing the region wide travelling.  Suspect they would fancy their chances of being in the playoff to get into the Lowland League reasonably regularly given the level of competition in the SoS.

Would make sense for Kello this season would be an eye opener to costs every year

1 hour ago, classof2010 said:

Would make sense for Kello this season would be an eye opener to costs every year

If Kello Rovers apply to join the SoSL with an eye on the pyramid and the benefits it brings, it  would undoubtedly strengthen this feeder league.

If a WoSL 'feeder'  isn't established soon, other junior clubs may follow Kello's lead, as a route to the Lowland.  Already licensed Girvan  would be in a strong position to join, and was a member of the SoSL in the past. Anyone aware of any other clubs who may be interested in making this move ?

16 hours ago, lithgierose said:

It's actually harder for bigger clubs to reach a decision, as they have EGM's to arrange and will want a high level of support.  A smaller club could more easily decide on just half a dozen committee members voting for it.

Having said that, certain clubs need to get their skates on!

9 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

It's actually harder for bigger clubs to reach a decision, as they have EGM's to arrange and will want a high level of support.  A smaller club could more easily decide on just half a dozen committee members voting for it.

Having said that, certain clubs need to get their skates on!

As far as I can see only bonnyrigg have have taken the right step,by calling an EGM to at least engage with their members and fan base.And others still think with closed shop thinking.

17 hours ago, Goalie Hamish said:

Camelon are going, seems like Bonnyrigg will go, Musselburgh as well I hear, the games done right there.

My moustachioed icon doon Tannadice way, you appear to be gaining momentum in your frenzy. Your post clearly illustrates two things, that you are speculating in the extreme and are yearning, like a 1970s male adolescent at an ABBA concert, for it to be true. The game is far from done, and even if clubs do jump in hoping to get a head start, have we not been there already? Did that not result in the disparity ridden set up that now claims to be a pyramid?

1 minute ago, gogsy said:

I wouldn't worry about Glenconner , hes still raging that the league two teams wouldn't allow his big teams colt side into the league.

Notice you steer clear of the Cowdenbeath thread. Think they want to eat you over there.

8 minutes ago, gogsy said:

There are numerous Cowdenbeath threads in the division two sub forum, could you possibly be more specific? I dont recall steering clear of any of them. Nice attempt at deflection from your own trolling though.

Sorry comrade but you do know your on a Junior forum. Then again East of Scotland forum is hardly busiest place on Pie and Bovril.

Edited by Glenconner