Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

On 1/9/2018 at 12:52, AlanCamelonfan said:

Predicted text. I'mean afraid  I'm the common sense here why should west clubs come in and jump the queue. It is ludicrous to think that would happen. The fact that all you can pick up on is a mistake shows what an idiot you are and just looking to shit stir. Scumbag mentality which is why the country is the mess its in.

Here we go again.  

The World is out to get Alan. 

Thus far this only seems to be an East region issue & only due to the close proximity of the eos league to most sides in the region
Really can’t see any west side opting for this for a while yet due to the distances involved in joining the only viable league which is the South . Some lesser lights might jump ship as it’ll be the only way the will get further themselves as they certainly won’t on the park
Our Bankie friends might once the ground situation is sorted but there is no way your Polloks, Talbots , Ladeside’s of this world will join the current set up . And tbh why would they want to at this time ? A viable West league on the same level as the East & South would probably be viable but until that is on the table it’s a no goer I’m afraid

Would it not be beneficial for the progression of Scottish football as a whole if their was the pathway in place from junior to League 2, as the English conference does.
i do feel that the professional structure is all wrong in its current model. No need for as many divisions as there is.

It’s the same idea now as us having a “premiership” and a “championship” it works in England because the premier league is split away from the football league (leagues 2 - championship) so technically even our top structure is incorrect. However, if the SFA want to keep this fact irrelevant then we could always also copy the conference setup as it seems to work better than our Junior setup.

Also, anyone a fan of a “junior day” while the seniors are on winter break the same way as England do? Sky sports at junior stadia broadcasting live :D

37 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

Thus far this only seems to be an East region issue & only due to the close proximity of the eos league to most sides in the region
Really can’t see any west side opting for this for a while yet due to the distances involved in joining the only viable league which is the South . Some lesser lights might jump ship as it’ll be the only way the will get further themselves as they certainly won’t on the park
Our Bankie friends might once the ground situation is sorted but there is no way your Polloks, Talbots , Ladeside’s of this world will join the current set up . And tbh why would they want to at this time ? A viable West league on the same level as the East & South would probably be viable but until that is on the table it’s a no goer I’m afraid

On Bankies Banter -

clydebankseniors.PNG

50 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

Our Bankie friends might once the ground situation is sorted but there is no way your Polloks, Talbots , Ladeside’s of this world will join the current set up . And tbh why would they want to at this time ? 

At what point does it become an issue for the west?  Or the SJFA membership as a whole?  How many clubs need to go? 

It's a matter of time until junior teams find themselves making the move to Tier 7 rather than Tier 6. 

Someone needs to get a grip of the thing.

At what point does it become an issue for the west?  Or the SJFA membership as a whole?  How many clubs need to go? 

It's a matter of time until junior teams find themselves making the move to Tier 7 rather than Tier 6. 

Someone needs to get a grip of the thing.

I would say when a viable West league gets put in place

Would hope if that did come into fruition our club would be at the forefront of it all

On Bankies Banter -
clydebankseniors.thumb.PNG.a4aee8d7fe550aff8c5b36fb6dbdf33d.PNG

Bankies fans will vote for this as they in the long term want back into the seniors . Wouldn’t fancy the trips that they would have to do the 1st season anyways & that’s if they get promoted at the 1st attempt . If they don’t then will they fancy they trips every other week ?

36 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

I would say when a viable West league gets put in place

Would hope if that did come into fruition our club would be at the forefront of it all

Who do you think should do that?  The sfa, SJFA, clubs themselves? 

Needs to be constituted so feels like the sfa would need to do it. Hard to see why they wouldn't but rather choose to ignore the most heavily populated area of Scotland whilst pretending there's a pyramid. 

Who do you think should do that?  The sfa, SJFA, clubs themselves? 
Needs to be constituted so feels like the sfa would need to do it. Hard to see why they wouldn't but rather choose to ignore the most heavily populated area of Scotland whilst pretending there's a pyramid. 

That’s the million dollar question . TJ won’t as it would render him out of his cushy number & as I’ve stated there isn’t a queue of West clubs waiting to leave . The sfa are just as useless as their junior counterparts when it comes to improving the game in this country so a don’t hold out any hope for a quick fix tbh

40 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

Bankies fans will vote for this as they in the long term want back into the seniors . Wouldn’t fancy the trips that they would have to do the 1st season anyways & that’s if they get promoted at the 1st attempt . If they don’t then will they fancy they trips every other week ?

Would be easier to plan well ahead which would go some way towards making it easier. Also need to remember that quite a few of the fans were used to the traveling when we were a senior team, and many of them  miss the away days they got back then.

Edited by Ross.

Dalkeith moving could be the spark that ignites a fire.  Everybody expected if anyone was to move, it would be one of the SuperLeague sides.  Nobody considered that a side outwith the top division would make the jump.  

Good luck to them and I hope it heralds more movement in the East, at any rate.

9 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

Nobody considered that a side outwith the top division would make the jump.  

I did and so did plenty of others on here, the likes of Haddington were making noises a couple of years ago. Dalkeith have now effectively jumped over every Super League team in the East.

Change is coming fast - its clear that its the clubs who will have to lead this change at Junior level and lead themselves into the future rather than wait for guidance from the SJFA or East Region. If the likes of Bo'ness and Bonnyrigg have any sort of vision for the future of their clubs then their applications for the EOS will be in the post right now. Sadly too many committees appear stuck in the past and unwilling to embrace the future.

2 hours ago, boulderdomb said:

It’s the same idea now as us having a “premiership” and a “championship” it works in England because the premier league is split away from the football league (leagues 2 - championship) so technically even our top structure is incorrect. However, if the SFA want to keep this fact irrelevant then we could always also copy the conference setup as it seems to work better than our Junior setup.

Also, anyone a fan of a “junior day” while the seniors are on winter break the same way as England do? Sky sports at junior stadia broadcasting live :D

There already is a non league day in the Lowland League. Where they have games kicking off at different times so you can go to different games. I'm sure thats usually on the international break day

2 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

There already is a non league day in the Lowland League. Where they have games kicking off at different times so you can go to different games. I'm sure thats usually on the international break day

Actually makes sense now you have your looking into the future text feature turned off!

I would think that any change in the west will have to be lead by the clubs, but it might have to be in the form of working around/within the current pyramid structure since there seems to be no desire with the game's administrators to make any change. 

It might take a clutch of west juniors and others to approach the South of Scotland League about the possibility of establishing a north division within the SoSFL. 

This would allow the SoSFL to carry on with its traditional district division in the south, whilst the west-central juniors and others would have a division to play in that is more local to them.  It would suit everyone in terms of lower travel costs and more even level of competition, and would not require any upheaval at all of the pyramid.  Each of the north and south divisions could have their respective trophies for their winners, with the winners of each playing off to progress to the Lowland League play off with the EoSFL winners. 

In time, the north division could evolve into a West of Scotland League if more clubs moved across. 

In the east, I thought a move from Bo'ness to the EoSFL was a certainty this year, given the statement that they put out last April - below:

https://www.bonessunited.co.uk/the-future-is-bright/

29 minutes ago, RabidAl said:

I would think that any change in the west will have to be lead by the clubs, but it might have to be in the form of working around/within the current pyramid structure since there seems to be no desire with the game's administrators to make any change. 

It might take a clutch of west juniors and others to approach the South of Scotland League about the possibility of establishing a north division within the SoSFL. 

This would allow the SoSFL to carry on with its traditional district division in the south, whilst the west-central juniors and others would have a division to play in that is more local to them.  It would suit everyone in terms of lower travel costs and more even level of competition, and would not require any upheaval at all of the pyramid.  Each of the north and south divisions could have their respective trophies for their winners, with the winners of each playing off to progress to the Lowland League play off with the EoSFL winners. 

In time, the north division could evolve into a West of Scotland League if more clubs moved across. 

In the east, I thought a move from Bo'ness to the EoSFL was a certainty this year, given the statement that they put out last April - below:

The SOuth of Scotland North Division would be a good name lol and south of Scotland South Division. That would probably be the way to go.  Saves South of Scotland clubs frantically throwing the league.  It would be a way of engineering a west of Scotland league without actually breaking the South of Scotland and EOSFL feeder system that the sfa want us to have

Edited by AlanCamelonfan

43 minutes ago, RabidAl said:

Not privy to the inner workings of the committee but I believe that it is going to be another year before it occurs.  This weeks news regarding the funding for the ground being received by the Newtown Park Association may just advance things.

I do hope a move is made sooner rather than later.