Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

29 minutes ago, GLESGABOY said:

I`ve read your signature. Bizarre in as much as there are actually no such thing as dinosaurs, you do know that don`t you? At no point did I say you were on your clubs committee. I said that perhaps you should approach your club delegate (as a fan then surely your club will take on board your views and act accordingly) and ask them to contact the SJFA for clarity on the matter.

Oh there's plenty of dinosaurs kicking around Junior football, and you appear to be one of them.  How about posting up the agenda, might be quicker than having to speak to the club and then everyone can see it.

26 minutes ago, GLESGABOY said:

Embarrassing how?  

Listen I'm not here to shine a mirror on yer rantings and I'm not getting into a rammy as I don't care enough.

If the Juniors want to stay separate then its upto them but the clubs themselves need to open their eyes to what is going on here. Some already have like Kelty Hearts and hopefully others do as well and we get a proper non league structure which would benefit the game.  If it starts on the back of a fag packet who cares.

7 minutes ago, Goalie Hamish said:

Listen I'm not here to shine a mirror on yer rantings and I'm not getting into a rammy as I don't care enough.

If the Juniors want to stay separate then its upto them but the clubs themselves need to open their eyes to what is going on here. Some already have like Kelty Hearts and hopefully others do as well and we get a proper non league structure which would benefit the game.  If it starts on the back of a fag packet who cares.

Thought so....................

11 minutes ago, Goalie Hamish said:

15 posts on the subject would tend to suggest you care quite a lot actually

11 hours ago, GLESGABOY said:

I`ve read your signature. Bizarre in as much as there are actually no such thing as dinosaurs, you do know that don`t you? 

There is a school of thought that all bird species are descended from the dinosaurs, so that's not necessarily true. Beyond that sometimes it's better to let the other person have the last word and let others decide what it said about their IQ and emotional maturity level. 

10 hours ago, clash city rocker said:

How can GLESGABOY be Johnston ?  TJ cannae work the internet ffs

He seemed to be able to track down the poster who used TomJohnstonsmagicjobby as a handle on here and got him to cease and desist, so suspect he knows his way around this forum. 

16 hours ago, kefc said:

I know it’s not popular but I think the Colts idea is a good one for the development of better players which in turn will hopefully strengthen the national team. Where they would go is a toughy.

Maybe a new improved TV deal with BT (strangely negotiations have begun really early) will be coupled with a total revamp of the Scottish game, possibly a new league setup including Colts with summer football.

The thing with the Colts teams boils down to what worth does it bring?  I'm old enough to remember when Hearts & Hibs had teams in the EOSL.  I certainly cannot remember one player of note coming through that route on the Hearts side.

When the introduction of Colts is mentioned, it's immediately tagged with the Old Firm being the naturals.  Do we really want to infect another part of our game with the associated bile and hatred that would surely follow them about?

So, it must come down to money for the big two, who certainly don't give a monkeys about the rest.

Just don't think it would be a benefit to the game here.

13 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Oh there's plenty of dinosaurs kicking around Junior football, and you appear to be one of them.  How about posting up the agenda, might be quicker than having to speak to the club and then everyone can see it.

If junior football had to be integrated into the pyramid .surely a simple form off playoffs from the junior super league winners  giving a spot in the league playoffs would be a simple solution .however facility improvements must be incorporated into the criteria .hate to say it but look South of the border for guidance..

24 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

The thing with the Colts teams boils down to what worth does it bring?  I'm old enough to remember when Hearts & Hibs had teams in the EOSL.  I certainly cannot remember one player of note coming through that route on the Hearts side.

When the introduction of Colts is mentioned, it's immediately tagged with the Old Firm being the naturals.  Do we really want to infect another part of our game with the associated bile and hatred that would surely follow them about?

So, it must come down to money for the big two, who certainly don't give a monkeys about the rest.

Just don't think it would be a benefit to the game here.

It works in Spain, Germany and Italy, why not here?

You can find some good interviews online by Pep Guardiola who is strong supporter of reserve teams being in competitive leagues (but the English FA voted against it).

Barca B team can play in front of 40,000 he says...

Edited by Che Dail

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

There is a school of thought that all bird species are descended from the dinosaurs, so that's not necessarily true. Beyond that sometimes it's better to let the other person have the last word and let others decide what it said about their IQ and emotional maturity level. 

I`m guessing that`s the school you went to............................so you can have it

30 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

You can find some good interviews online by Pep Guardiola who is strong supporter of reserve teams being in competitive leagues (but the English FA voted against it).

I'm not entirely sure they do in Italy anymore. Certainly there's nothing that stands out from a quick look.

Last couple of years in the Spanish 3rd Tier Barca B have had average attendances of around 1,500 playing out their own 15,000 capacity stadium. Previous 5 years to that they were in the 2nd Tier and and averaged from a low of 2,666 to 5,448. The highest one off attendance being at least one sell out.

There was that news about Rangers building a stand at Auchenhowie. That seems to be something that the Spanish & German B teams do, either have their own stadium or a complex at their training ground. If any Scottish Colt team did that or played out of the same ground as the first team i'd be more supportive of the idea. Much prefer it to renting out another team's stadium for games.

1 hour ago, daleboy1969 said:

If junior football had to be integrated into the pyramid .surely a simple form off playoffs from the junior super league winners  giving a spot in the league playoffs would be a simple solution .however facility improvements must be incorporated into the criteria .hate to say it but look South of the border for guidance..

That would mean the Junior Superleagues at the same level as the LL, I very much doubt that will ever happen eg why should the East Superleague be considered above the EoSFL where Kelty are, the Juniors can't just expect to leapfrog a whole league that is already in the Pyramid.

Simple solution, plug the East Superleague below the EoSFL, invite applications for the remaining three places to make it up to 16 (priority given to league position eg Linlithgow, Bo'ness, Bonnyrigg), and then have two up/two down from Superleague to EoSFL (or three up/down).  Within two or three seasons the EoSFL will be 90% Junior clubs, and some of them will be have progressed through into the LL, the poorer EoSFL clubs will have headed downwards through the junior leagues to a more appropriate level.  Within 4-5 seasons, everyone will wonder what all the fuss was about. 

Do the same in the West with a new WoSFL (which would be almost all Junior clubs anyway).  The "North of Tay" clubs in the East can stay where they are for now until the situation with the HFL/North Juniors is sorted and in place.

The Junior Blazerati can join with the EoSFL and SoSFL Blazerati to form a new board to oversee WoSFL / EoSFL / SoSFL. In time, merge the SoSFL into the West set-up.

Edited by Burnie_man

1 hour ago, Che Dail said:

I can only really speak about the Spanish model.  Its all a matter of opinion on whether it 'works'.

No reserve side can reach La Liga, or play in the same division as their 'first' team and they cannot leapfrog them if fortunes differ.

The two reserve sides currently in the Segunda, Barcelona & Seville, are both presently in relegation places, so there is an argument as to whether they bring much to the table in a playing sense.

In Segunda B, there is a proliferation of reserve sides spread over the four groups, with mixed success.

Its when you drop down to the Tercera it gets really messy.  Split into 18 groups, you can see the sense of reserve sides making up the numbers in the Canarian group but you get other local mainland groups with clubs third teams included.

I'm mainly concerned that if you open the door here, the gruesome twosome will take advantage, as they always do.

19 hours ago, kefc said:

You got intel that Colts going into LL as certain?

As far as we are aware LL would never go to 18 teams and there’s an integrity issue where a club like ours makes the biggest decision of its history to start at the bottom of the pyramid and try to progress on merit.

Nope.  All I have is the information contained in the two links (one from 2016, one from 2017) posted at the bottom here, indicating that the LL is being overhauled with *'Celtic and Rangers Colts all going into a new regionalised league' and **Rangers and Celtic (and possibly Aberdeen and Hibernian) 'to enter teams in the pyramid for the start of the 2018/19 season'.

As I understand it any team/club entering the pyramid has to do so from the bottom, so 'colts' teams (or whatever they're called) representing Rangers and Celtic would have to go in below the LL, since the LL has feeder leagues already.  So the LL wouldn't go to 18 teams on the basis of colts' participation, but I guess that whoever is to run these colt teams has, like so many of the juniors, has baulked at the need to play in the SoSFL because of the lower standard and travel distances - the lack of a local route into the national pyramid is the key point that the BSC proposal made, and perhaps others at the top are beginning to see that now.

From the information in those links, it would appear that the LL were discussing regionalising to accommodate these colts teams; however, a straight-forward east-west split might leave the west short of licenced clubs, even when the colts are added, and also wouldn't fit in with the principle of them starting from the bottom.  

Putting all that together, we might have been looking at the LL having West LL and East LL feeders including the colts and applicants from the juniors, seniors, etc; maybe now we're looking at keeping the LL as-is, but with the mooted BSC proposal of a WoSFL feeder including colts and other applicants.  (For the record, i'm not in favour of colts teams at all.)   

Lots of supposition, some evidence, too prolix.

http://www.thejuniors.info/2016/06/ek-boss-happy-decision-join-lowland-league-side/

** http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-celtic-colt-teams-free-10598516

Edited by RabidAl
Apparently birds literally ARE dinosaurs.