Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

2 hours ago, non_sequitur said:

I think fowk ken whit the problem is here the boys in charge need tae get rid of this loony fur guid ruined the fife forum wi his pish

No need for that pal , all you’re doing is stoking the fire. Dougie is every much and probably even more to blame for what went on  and nearly ruined the club. Best thing he ever done was resigning pal.

No need for that pal , all you’re doing is stoking the fire. Dougie is every much and probably even more to blame for what went on  and nearly ruined the club. Best thing he ever done was resigning pal.

A dinnae bother ma arse aboot fitba politics a just dinnae want this place gubbed by that eejit like he done the other yin

Back on subject anyone hear the ludicrous point for scoring 3 goals proposal that is seriously being touted in north region. Seemingly came from sjfa..
On another note the huge success of the highland league teams last Saturday shows decent non league football with excellent facilities.

10 hours ago, Che Dail said:

Haha aye - or they could follow Ostersunds in Sweden who merged 4 clubs or Utrecht in Holland a merger of 3 clubs... 

I feel bad  - ever since the possible Swedish inspired Forfar merger was mooted this thread has gone from vibrant chat to vicious train crash... would be tremendous if the future of this thread gets back to the Future of Junior Football, as originally intended.

Would that be alright with you guys...?

So:

- The pyramid eh, what about it? Big changes next season?

- Youth set up at community clubs doesn't improve attendance at clubs?

- How else do we improve numbers through the gate...?

- Exciting times or a horrible worry?

Just now, superbigal said:

Back on subject anyone hear the ludicrous point for scoring 3 goals proposal that is seriously being touted in north region. Seemingly came from sjfa..
On another note the huge success of the highland league teams last Saturday shows decent non league football with excellent facilities.

That's a great idea and I think it has been stolen from on here HJ and I have definitely spoken about it. It encourages attacking play without changing the structure of the game. 

1 minute ago, JB2 said:

What is there to sort? 

You’ve been acting like a dictator with no respect for others opinion. I’ve highlighted it. You’ve responded by accusing me of being someone I’m not, cursing , swearing and calling me names. 

You can stick your ultimatums where the sun don’t shine as far as I’m concerned.

Completely untrue, you're out to ruin the forum and will not stop until you do so under your multiple ID's, that much is plain to see.  Sad, but I guess I'll just have to let the moderators deal with you.

Apologies to everyone else on this thread, I tried. I wont interact with this troll again.

8 minutes ago, superbigal said:

The North Region is hardly known for being a low scoring snorefest.

15 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Has been a great year for HL clubs - Fraserburgh rewarded with a bumper tie and a great opportunity for Formantine, Cove and Brora to progress further - Junior clubs must be looking at this success and believing they can achieve the same... 

26 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

That's a great idea and I think it has been stolen from on here HJ and I have definitely spoken about it. It encourages attacking play without changing the structure of the game. 

No harm in trying things out.

At international level there was also a proposal to reduce games to 60 minute (but stop the clock when the ball goes out of play) and one which only allows captains to talk to referees to stop all the haranguing that goes on.  Both could be trialled at semi-pro games - would be interesting to see how that worked out.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/17/football-rule-makers-reducing-games-60-minutes

Just now, Che Dail said:

No harm in trying things out.

At international level there was also a proposal to reduce games to 60 minute (but stop the clock when the ball goes out of play) and one which only allows captains to talk to referees to stop all the haranguing that goes on.  Both could be trialled at semi-pro games - would be interesting to see how that worked out.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/17/football-rule-makers-reducing-games-60-minutes

I'm sure I've said before, but if Governing bodies were prepared to invest cash at junior level, to support the experimentation with reasonable ideas, I'd be all for it.

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'm sure I've said before, but if Governing bodies were prepared to invest cash at junior level, to support the experimentation with reasonable ideas, I'd be all for it.

So on the referee thing - a ref records each team's conduct in terms of abeyance with the captain chat rule, and at intervals in the season the best performing team is awarded a cash prize...?

Maybe if there was less shouty aggression on the pitch and sidelines it would encourage more parents to bring their kids to games... see what I did there!

The LL currently rewards the top 4 clubs for Fair Play at the end of the season, I think it's about £10k split between them. 

What's the latest with the Colt team thing now that the 8 Elite Academies issue has been settled?   Whether you agree with the inclusion of Colt teams in the Pyramid or not, where do they go and what impact will it have particularly in the West where there is no Senior league?  It was suggested a year or so ago when it was first mooted that it could be a catalyst for a West Senior league, think it was by the EK manager maybe.

1 minute ago, Che Dail said:

So on the referee thing - a ref records each team's conduct in terms of abeyance with the captain chat rule, and at intervals in the season the best performing team is awarded a cash prize...?

Maybe if there was less shouty aggression on the pitch and sidelines it would encourage more parents to bring their kids to games... see what I did there!

The LL currently rewards the top 4 clubs for Fair Play at the end of the season, I think it's about £10k split between them. 

In the juniors you could get money for having the most sent off. I think kids would be more attracted to old school, "stereotypical" junior games with 22 nutcases kicking lumps out  of each other...but on AstroTurf.

39 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

What's the latest with the Colt team thing now that the 8 Elite Academies issue has been settled?   Whether you agree with the inclusion of Colt teams in the Pyramid or not, where do they go and what impact will it have particularly in the West where there is no Senior league?  It was suggested a year or so ago when it was first mooted that it could be a catalyst for a West Senior league, think it was by the EK manager maybe.

This operates successfully in Europe and would add interest to football here - although Hibs and Berwick had under 20 teams in the EoS a couple of seasons ago but discontinued.  

Would be something to get supporters along even if it is your 1st team against a reserve side.

Personally I think it would be another good reason to join the pyramid if pro clubs are represented at that level.

19 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

This operates successfully in Europe and would add interest to football here - although Hibs and Berwick had under 20 teams in the EoS a couple of seasons ago but discontinued.  

Would be something to get supporters along even if it is your 1st team against a reserve side.

Personally I think it would be another good reason to join the pyramid if pro clubs are represented at that level.

It doesn't work here. Celtic and Rangers used Airdrie for reserve games. The notion that today's supporters will follow a shadow team is delusional. I watched Henrik Larsson make his comeback after an injury, there was about 50 at the game. I then passed a few guys at the shop along from the ground in Celtic gear, who were oblivious to that.

You and the rest of us on here are not typical, others are much less ardent.

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It doesn't work here. Celtic and Rangers used Airdrie for reserve games. The notion that today's supporters will follow a shadow team is delusional. I watched Henrik Larsson make his comeback after an injury, there was about 50 at the game. I then passed a few guys at the shop along from the ground in Celtic gear, who were oblivious to that.

You and the rest of us on here are not typical, others are much less ardent.

I'm kinda torn.  I think it would bring more coverage of the lower reaches and if properly promoted and managed you'd get crowds in the few hundreds which is better than nearly all non-league clubs. Play Friday nights or Sundays for example.  On the other hand, they could stop "proper" clubs from getting promoted, particularly if more than just Celtic and Rangers join in.   50/50 on it, but as I said it might be the catalyst for significant change.

3 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I'm kinda torn.  I think it would bring more coverage of the lower reaches and if properly promoted and managed you'd get crowds in the few hundreds which is better than nearly all non-league clubs. Play Friday nights or Sundays for example.  On the other hand, they could stop "proper" clubs from getting promoted, particularly if more than just Celtic and Rangers join in.   50/50 on it, but as I said it might be the catalyst for significant change.

The existing armchair/pub supporters will never go. A new market would need to be found. The increase in coverage you mention might bring that.

I'd take reserve teams if the clubs concerned paid adequate compensation for their presence and use of the platform. I'm less convinced by the crowd argument.