Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

16 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

As TJ is a salaried employee out of Hampden, is his position even challengable by SJFA members? I ask a genuine question.

A vote of no confidence at the AGM in his management would be a start, but I don't think its very likely.

He's too nice a guy to sack!

17 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

As TJ is a salaried employee out of Hampden, is his position even challengable by SJFA members? I ask a genuine question.

1 hour ago, garrellburn said:

A vote of no confidence at the AGM in his management would be a start, but I don't think its very likely.

He's too nice a guy to sack!

There's absolutely nothing I can see in the SJFA Constitution & Rules that requires the General Secretary to be elected, have his position renewed or allows for him to be removed. That is totally different from the other national and regional office holders.

To all intents and purposes he appears to be untouchable - from within the SJFA at least. His contract of employment may be more revealing, but there's less than zero chance of getting sight of that!

• 2 weeks later...

Look at the top 7 of north and south in the east region we should create a league out of that so the east has super prem league 1(made up of the top 7 from north and south) league 2 made up of bottom 7 of both leagues

League 1 would have promotion and relegation making it more exciting

On 04/11/2017 at 19:14, parkcircus said:

65 goals in 9 games, 

IMG_2388.PNG

Yes Kelty are doing well (as expected), so with the EoSL in view, let's move the "junior into senior debate" forward.  Now that Kelty has been awarded an SFA club licence,  which other juniors will jump ship and join the EoSL in May 2018 ?

Bo'Ness, Bonnyrigg, Haddington, others ? Anyone heard any whispers on the grapevine ?  

17 hours ago, Robert James said:

Yes Kelty are doing well (as expected), so with the EoSL in view, let's move the "junior into senior debate" forward.  Now that Kelty has been awarded an SFA club licence,  which other juniors will jump ship and join the EoSL in May 2018 ?

Bo'Ness, Bonnyrigg, Haddington, others ? Anyone heard any whispers on the grapevine ?  

Talking utter shite

2 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Sorry. Was the "any other juniors jumping ship" question too difficult for you ?  

No. There is no evidence any of those clubs are even thinking about it. I spoke to a Penicuik committee man believe it or not on a plane to Gran canaria and he says teams won;t go for it.

On reading some of the earlier post a figure of around £6k is given to lowland league teams just now. I was at the cumbernauld colts game v Talbot and have been to a good few other colts games along with BSC v Colts. This £6k will disappear fast with the lost revenue of visiting fans in the lowland league. Trust me on this one. Talbot brought several hundred more to broadwood than colts get at a home game.

Yes they are but the SFA put forward proposals at the AGM one of which could add a new "west league".

I disagree that the clubs could just get a licence and create a new league. This was never offered to the clubs at the time we had to register our interest. We asked for clarification but none was forthcoming. Unless the SFA were to say we are going to create a west version of the east of Scotland league then why would clubs take the risk. The licence money would be great but the loss of gate income for some clubs would negate this.

On reading some of the earlier post a figure of around £6k is given to lowland league teams just now. I was at the cumbernauld colts game v Talbot and have been to a good few other colts games along with BSC v Colts. This £6k will disappear fast for west junior clubs with the lost revenue of visiting fans in the lowland league. Trust me on this one. Talbot brought several hundred more to broadwood than colts get at a home game.

24 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

On reading some of the earlier post a figure of around £6k is given to lowland league teams just now. I was at the cumbernauld colts game v Talbot and have been to a good few other colts games along with BSC v Colts. This £6k will disappear fast with the lost revenue of visiting fans in the lowland league. Trust me on this one. Talbot brought several hundred more to broadwood than colts get at a home game.

It's more like £10k just now for licensed clubs, plus the Scottish Cup prize money.

Don't think Glenafton took many to Almondvale at the weekend - think it was almost a record low attendance for Livi.

In the East Premier yesterday 1st v 2nd and only 100 there according to the match reporter - poor show.  Musselburgh one of the best supported clubs in the league too. 

Edited by Che Dail

20 hours ago, Che Dail said:

Read it how you want to read it.

“We are constantly looking at ways to develop the football club and move forward. This involves considering the pyramid, licensing, and potentially moving leagues 

The big words there are considering and potentially

25 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Read it how you want to read it.

“We are constantly looking at ways to develop the football club and move forward. This involves considering the pyramid, licensing, and potentially moving leagues 

The big words there are considering and potentially

This is a cut & paste from the Bo'ness website:

At Bo’ness United we want to progress and it would be remiss of us not to look at ways to develop the football club and as such we are working towards being ready with our license application. In order to receive your license it is now a stipulation that you must commit to the pyramid.

We have looked at the potential benefits of joining the pyramid and believe that in order to compete in the future this is something we must look to do.  The financial benefits of becoming licensed far outweigh the revenues that can be made if we stay within Junior Football as it is at the present time.

The club firmly believe that there should be no ceiling and that all teams should find the level that suits them in congruence with their own abilities, whether that be League Two, the Lowland League or wherever.  Irrespective we believe a full pyramid should be in place.

Bo’ness United want to be part of the pyramid, Scottish football is evolving and we truly believe that there will be significant changes.  We want to be at the forefront of change whether that be playing in the East of Scotland League, The Lowland league or with the Juniors if they become part of a revised pyramid that encompasses all clubs.

Read it how you want to read it, but it seems fairly evident they want to join the pyramid.

18 hours ago, Che Dail said:

It's more like £10k just now for licensed clubs, plus the Scottish Cup prize money.

Don't think Glenafton took many to Almondvale at the weekend - think it was almost a record low attendance for Livi.

In the East Premier yesterday 1st v 2nd and only 100 there according to the match reporter - poor show.  Musselburgh one of the best supported clubs in the league too. 

The Livingston/Glenafton game had the third highest attendence in the Scottish Cup 735 , and it looked like a very even home and away support.

19 hours ago, Che Dail said:

Still the third biggest crowd of the round.

A really poor crowd at Buckie v Brechin it must be said.