Cambuslang Rangers 2017-18

thelangonline

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Todays Result.
Blantyre Vics 1-2 Cambuslang Rangers.
Goals from Dale Simeon (28mins) and Hal Bohme (30mins) had Camby cruising at the break.
Mistake near end (88mins) by keeper A Colqhoun led to Blantyre pulling one back.
Lang seen out game and with other results going our way we top the section with a game to spare.
#Cmonthelang

Cambuslang Rangers have moved swiftly to replace the departed former coach George Fortheringham. The club welcome Gary Johnstone to coaching staff. Gary was assistant to Billy Campbell at East Kilbride Thistle in their promotion winning success last season. Welcome to the Club Gary.

Rutherglen Glencairn 1-2 Cambuslang Rangers

Lang progressed into the,Quarter Final of the competition after Dale Simeon two goals seen us finish top of the sections with maximum points.

Tough game last night with Glencairn playing well, a lot better than what I was lead to believe beforehand.

Lang welcomed back Iain Stewart in goals and also had a trialist in the defence who played well also.

I found the referee decisions a bit baffling at times.

His penalty award was soft to say the least. The tackle on Kilmartin merited more than a caution in my opinion and Jamie Hay red card was harsh considering both players squared up to each other.

All in all a good run out for Camby who now welcome St Roch's to Somervell park next Wednesday.
C'mon The Lang

Since the Candy ain't playing this week i'll make it a double and take in the Cambuslang Rangers v Kilsyth Rangers game on Saturday. Make a change from giving Pollok my free week admission/raffle/programme/pie and bovril money.

Your number 8 is a great wee player also the number 5.

The penalty would need to see the highlights from were i was it did look harsh.

As for the red card your man started to walk towards the changing rooms before the ref showed him the red card.

52 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Since the Candy ain't playing this week i'll make it a double and take in the Cambuslang Rangers v Kilsyth Rangers game on Saturday. Make a change from giving Pollok my free week admission/raffle/programme/pie and bovril money.

Scouting, i like it...if i get the chance i'll take a saunter down myself.

The red card was harsh. Im not sure if he was sent off for the tackle or for lifting his hands to the player who was right in his face.

To award a penalty for a ball fired directly at u from 10 yards did seem harsh but I suppose the highlights will clear it all up.

Good 3 points yesterday after a 2-0 over Kilsyth. Big John Gemmell getting both goals, first from pen spot. His second was superbly put away after Simeon's perfect pass.

Pretty comfortable in the end as Kilsyth failed to trouble Iain Stewart in goal but had some great chances but couldn't hit the target.

Cmon The Lang[emoji1]

19 hours ago, thelangonline said:

Tonights result

Cambuslang Rangers 4-0 St Roch's
McRobbie
Hewitt (2)
Gormley

Superb game of football and a deserved win.

Good to see Paul Hewitt on the scoresheet. How is Hendo settling in?

Archived