Cambuslang Rangers 2017-18

thelangonline

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spoiler
1 hour ago, lang said:

Never a reflection of the game,we could have scored 4 or 5 in the 1st half hour before Cumnock scored. Main difference was they were far more clinical than us

First 15 mins we were abit shakey but after that we were in complete control. Our Gk  had about 1 maybe 2 saves at nil nil. Was very disappointing from cambuslang as i expected a hard game off them and considering the money that must be getting thrown about for gemmell etc id be raging at that yesterday. we had to take burns and anson off at half time and put one of our 19s on to keep the score down and we missed a penalty could easily finished 10 or 12. the center half was about 5 stone overweight and was blowing out his arse after the first goal went in. Hope use do well this season but dont try and make it out like use were unlucky as use were far from it. Use even had players arguing with your coach who didn't shut up for 90 mins 

But goodluck to wee paul 

1 hour ago, CJFC said:
  Reveal hidden contents

First 15 mins we were abit shakey but after that we were in complete control. Our Gk  had about 1 maybe 2 saves at nil nil. Was very disappointing from cambuslang as i expected a hard game off them and considering the money that must be getting thrown about for gemmell etc id be raging at that yesterday. we had to take burns and anson off at half time and put one of our 19s on to keep the score down and we missed a penalty could easily finished 10 or 12. the center half was about 5 stone overweight and was blowing out his arse after the first goal went in. Hope use do well this season but dont try and make it out like use were unlucky as use were far from it. Use even had players arguing with your coach who didn't shut up for 90 mins 

But goodluck to wee paul 

You are suggesting Chris Smith is 5 stone overweight? What a lot of nonsense. Yes Chris needs games but that is just disrespectful and out of order. We missed 1 or 2 really good chances in the first 20 minutes then when gebs went off we collapsed. I hope you aren't an official Cumnock account as I know for a fact John would be disgusted by your comments. To suggest you brought on under 19 players to keep the score down is firstly nonsense and to be honest is a total lack of class in my opinion and I think you will probably regret that in hindsight. We lost 7 0 yesterday and trust me we are hurting but we will be back it was a very bad day at the office for us and you guys were very clinical and very impressive but for me a club of Cumnocks stature should not be making comments like that. As much as we were poor we conduct ourselves properly and I'm proud that every single player went for a drink after the game when we were hurting. Leaves a bad taste that in all honesty but use were a fab team.

12 minutes ago, dk81130 said:

You are suggesting Chris Smith is 5 stone overweight? What a lot of nonsense. Yes Chris needs games but that is just disrespectful and out of order. We missed 1 or 2 really good chances in the first 20 minutes then when gebs went off we collapsed. I hope you aren't an official Cumnock account as I know for a fact John would be disgusted by your comments. To suggest you brought on under 19 players to keep the score down is firstly nonsense and to be honest is a total lack of class in my opinion and I think you will probably regret that in hindsight. We lost 7 0 yesterday and trust me we are hurting but we will be back it was a very bad day at the office for us and you guys were very clinical and very impressive but for me a club of Cumnocks stature should not be making comments like that. As much as we were poor we conduct ourselves properly and I'm proud that every single player went for a drink after the game when we were hurting. Leaves a bad taste that in all honesty but use were a fab team.

easily. when i heard he played with Clyde i was in shock. I said our gk had 1 maybe 2 saves to make so u have supported that comment unlike ur partner who suggested use should have been up 4 or 5 before we scored. what is there to regret. We took our foot off the gas and also missed loads of chances but for ur man to say use should have been up 4 or 5 is nonsense. I heard that coach that was doing all the shouting saying they gifted us 6 goals which was complete sh*t. Are u proud that ur players were wanting to square go ur coach then yeah? Like I said I hope use do well this season but dont come on and make it out use were unlucky. use had a game last week this was our first game back so u had a headstart 

8 minutes ago, CJFC said:

easily. when i heard he played with Clyde i was in shock. I said our gk had 1 maybe 2 saves to make so u have supported that comment unlike ur partner who suggested use should have been up 4 or 5 before we scored. what is there to regret. We took our foot off the gas and also missed loads of chances but for ur man to say use should have been up 4 or 5 is nonsense. I heard that coach that was doing all the shouting saying they gifted us 6 goals which was complete sh*t. Are u proud that ur players were wanting to square go ur coach then yeah? Like I said I hope use do well this season but dont come on and make it out use were unlucky. use had a game last week this was our first game back so u had a headstart 

I never mentioned that we were unlucky. To be fair we gifted you a good few goals and your guys being clinical took the chances . Use played well . Chris Smith is 13 stone. So you are suggesting a 28 year old man who is 6 foot tall and broad should Weigh in at 8 stone then. Chris Smith needs games but I'm fairly certain nobody or many of your team have played more senior games than him. Chris will be fine. A Player not players and a coach had an argument (it happens) at no point was there a fight . My opinion is your comment was poor about bringing under 19 players on but crack on . Your day will come when use get a doing and it wasn't that long ago use were toiling . But crack on .

I said could,not should,have been 4 up early on. I agree your keeper only made a few saves,because we weren't as clinical as you and couldn't get our shots on target

It was a pre season friendly ffs you can't take much out of that result yesterday, my opinion of yesterday's game cambuslang started the better and played well the 1st 15 mins after that it was all Cumnock and they were clinical in front of goal with new signings Sean mckenzie netting 4 and Adam Forsyth 2. If I was a cambuslang fan I wouldn't read too much into yesterday's result you's have some good players in your squad with the likes of mcrobbie, meikle and Gemmell too name a few. Cumnock changes at ht never weakened the team in any form so cjfc I find your comments rather disrespectful to the players and cambuslang. Good luck to cambuslang for the rest of the season I'm sure you's will come good.

Come on guys. This was nothing more than a glorified training session for both teams. At times Cambuslang looked really dangerous going forward, but unfortunately football isn't all about attacking and they seemed to completely neglect their defensive duties. Good luck to Wee Paul and everyone connected to Cambuslang for the season.

Enjoy it as I can see some really high scoring games!

Not criticising. Just from what I know Gemmell, Gormley, Hastings, Mitchell, Love, Morton, Kilmartin, McRobbie & Simeon all can play up front. I know a few of them might be considered more wide players though or play off the front. You'll not struggle for goals this year with all those lads in your team.

David simeon ex clydebank?

Mon the papers

I wonder who he has fallen out with? Wee Paul? The committee? I wouldn't have thought it was players, as most were his lads he brought to the club from Tower Hearts 21's I'm led to believe.

Cambuslang have a manager and two assistant managers, and George Fotheringham was a coach. You would think that the loss of the 4th in charge of the management staff wouldn't have a huge influence on the team. However, I know George reasonably well, and I've seen the reaction of horror from players and committee members on Facebook last night after George announced that he had left the club. Clearly George had a huge influence at the club and on the players, despite the management positions above him. I'm speculating, but perhaps that was the problem ?

Archived