The DUP

Blootoon87

.....The SNP should be embarrassed that even when they had 56 MP's they were to dogmatic and intransigent to work with Westminster and secure something similar for Scotland.....

Aye the Tories were desperate for a confidence and supply arrangement after the last election. It would have went well with that majority they already had.

Idiot.

Just now, Glenconner said:

Get a grip, there was nothing on offer.

The SNP were blanked ten minutes after the 2015 election.

Aye, that's true, but that's because they didn't play the game.  The were too intent on proving a national mistrust  with rUK.

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:

So 0.3 billion would have given us 10k extra officers on street, yet the torys decide to give 1.5bil to the DUP.. utterly absurd.
What's mundell and Davidson doing about this.. surely they are banging down the doors of number 10?

Mundell: hiding in an electricity cupboard all day to avoid doing interviews

Davidson: last seen, like all good military fantasists, strutting around in a Colonel's uniform at the weekend, having her photo taken.

8 minutes ago, mjw said:

Aye the Tories were desperate for a confidence and supply arrangement after the last election. It would have went well with that majority they already had.

Idiot.

That's not the point I was making......Idiot.

I'm saying the SNP could have developed a much more beneficial relationship with Westminster to the material benefit of ALL Scots and the whole of Scotland if they had not been populated by  wankers like you intent of occupying the moral high ground and trying to foment National Mistrust between Scotland and rUK. Mistrust that doesn't exist as GE2017 proved. They had their chance and blew it. 

Scotland suffered.........Idiot.

3 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

Aye, that's true, but that's because they didn't play the game.  The were too intent on proving a national mistrust  with rUK.

Play the game?

Why should Scotland hang on the whims of a nation with 10x our electorate? We get what England wants. What a ludicrous situation.

Independence is the only solution.

Just now, Crùbag said:

Play the game?

Why should Scotland hang on the whims of a nation with 10x our electorate? We get what England wants. What a ludicrous situation.

Independence is the only solution.

Independence is not the only solution.  Losing the National Inferiority Complex would be a solution. England does nothing to denigrate Scotland . We do that to ourselves. Our representatives do that to us by being shite,  seething and inferior. 

Just now, doulikefish said:

Can people just put Mcdickhead on ignore like me and stop quoting the troll so i dont have to read his utter drivel

You can't possibly mean me,  DoILikefishycock   because they love me.....so do you , and  that's how I know you haven't put me on ignore x 

Dry your eyes. If Labour were relying on the SNP to form a government, would they not also extract a "grubby" deal? Or would they be all altruistic, "No, Jeremy, of course we don't want permission to hold another independence referendum. More money? Perish the thought."

I don't think the SNP would demand more money for Scotland. More powers? Certainly. More money? No.

There's a huge difference. I'm dismayed at what is going on at Westminster and we are most certainly going down the wrong path. I only hope we can get out/turn around before things get too bad but that hope is fading.

Regardless of opinion on independence there's no doubt whoever would be in charge of an indy Scotland would be a hell of a lot more competent than that clusterfu*k in London.

So 0.3 billion would have given us 10k extra officers on street, yet the torys decide to give 1.5bil to the DUP.. utterly absurd.
What's mundell and Davidson doing about this.. surely they are banging down the doors of number 10?

Do you think NI are just going to spend the cash on bunting and paint for the kerbstones?

Can people just put Mcdickhead on ignore like me and stop quoting the troll so i dont have to read his utter drivel

I've done it.

Would do it to Fash too but I feel like I need to see what he says just so I can try my very best to try and understand the mind of a BritNat *** loonball.

These people do really exist, scary.

7 hours ago, FlyerTon said:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/theresa-agrees-1-billion-deal-10689657

• The government will make £400 million available for infrastructure development in Northern Ireland.
  • A further £150 million will be spent on ultrafast broadband in the province.
  • £200 million will go towards "transforming the health service" - despite a £22billion cutbacks programme across Britain.
  • Schools and Hospitals in Northern Ireland will get £100 million to "address immediate pressures."
  • A further £100 million will go to "target pockets of severe deprivation", despite continuing welfare cuts and the benefit freeze in Britain.
  • And over five years, £50 million will be spent on mental health services, including tackling the lasting effect on people of the Troubles.

Are we all moving to northern Ireland(Scotland clearances) the new uk tax haven

4 hours ago, Paco said:

Scotland has roughly three times the population of NI. Should the SNP have been demanding £4.5 billion?

Take the cash to offset cuts in Scotland and bring the Tory government down whenever the f**k they felt like it.

Would it have been that crazy an idea?

Probably. Decent #scenes though.

Building a wall would be goodImage result for building a wall gif

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

This parliament will last five years. It has to. The Tories and DUP both know an early election means Corbyn will be PM, something both parties deeply oppose, so another election is out the question. The only question is will May hold on for the term or will there be a Tory leadership contest with the winner automatically becoming PM

Looking more and more like the first bit is probable, because the Tory/DUP vs the rest minus the balaclava wearers margin is too large to be undone easily by a series of by-elections. The DUP will want to milk holding the balance of power for all it's worth so confidence motions aren't going to be a problem. Think May has two years minimum because the probable leadership contenders will want her to carry the bag on Brexit and after that she'll be ditched if opinion poll numbers suggest that they would get a significant popularity boost by changing leaders. Even at that point though, how likely are they to go early if the polls start looking favourable for them again after what happened this time?

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Do you think NI are just going to spend the cash on bunting and paint for the kerbstones?

They'll need to keep some back for the annual repair bill when they smash their own area up because they didnt get their own way.