The DUP

Blootoon87

1 hour ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

The leader of a party that stood in 3 seats and has no representation calling for an MP to resign is about as impactful as me urinating in Loch Ness

Are you content to see a £1.5bn bribe being offered up? Let's not pretend it is any more than that. 

We had a PM with a majority who called an election to increase her majority, made an absolute c**t of it and escaped from her own monumental fuckwittery by hoying wheelbarrows of taxpayers money to appease a sectarian rump. 

It's an absolute disgrace and for Ruth Davidson to just row in behind it tells us everything about these skunks. Not one shred of credibility is left. 

28 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

A grubby deal. We should have got the fuk out in 2014

Dry your eyes. If Labour were relying on the SNP to form a government, would they not also extract a "grubby" deal? Or would they be all altruistic, "No, Jeremy, of course we don't want permission to hold another independence referendum. More money? Perish the thought."

2 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Fair play to the Dup here getting extra wonga,i would expect the same from any party propping up a government

It seems to be fairly upfront and doesn't appear to undermine the constitutional settlement in NI. Even Sinn Fein are approving the financial bits of the deal.  I was expecting something much more shady with nods and winks, although that still can't be excluded.

Edited by welshbairn

It seems to be fairly upfront and doesn't appear to undermine the constitutional settlement in NI. I was expecting something much more shady with nods and winks, although that still can't be excluded.

That will be in the Brexit bit

1 minute ago, Cerberus said:

Could the SNP have offered a coalition deal for a straight Indy vote?

The SNP need to soften on the anti-right position they've taken up.

Didn't work too well for Scot Lab.

To be serious though, if SNP are gonna go for the private enterprise vote, they need to champion small to medium-sized businesses like those which dominate in Germany. Add to that quality public services that remain under state control - health, education and public transport - and they'd be onto a winner.

Dry your eyes. If Labour were relying on the SNP to form a government, would they not also extract a "grubby" deal? Or would they be all altruistic, "No, Jeremy, of course we don't want permission to hold another independence referendum. More money? Perish the thought."

The grubby part is kidding on NI is a city and cancelling austerity there while the rest of us pay for it.

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Disappointed but not surprised that there are some who are trying to justify this dirty little deal.

I don't see what's dirty about demanding benefits for all your constituents in exchange for supporting a Government you basically agree with. None of the sectarian or loony tunes bigotry elements have been incorporated as I understand it.

The Tories clearly want to hang on for 5 years.  I doubt they will, but then again....

May will probably be replaced circa Tory conference later this year.

Edit to add:  Bo-Jo probably in October.

Edited by FlyerTon

Regardless of what deal supported the Tories you'd all be outraged. Wouldn't matter one bit what price they'd extracted for it.

Much needed investment boost for the forgotten and overlooked part of the country. Fair play to the DUP for making a great deal for all the people of Northern Ireland.

Nope.
We were told for the duration of the election there was no money tree. Theresa May even talked down to a nurse on live TV about the money tree.
Two weeks later low and behold,a money tree.

Nope.
We were told for the duration of the election there was no money tree. Theresa May even talked down to a nurse on live TV about the money tree.
Two weeks later low and behold,a money tree.

150 million per nutjob homophobe MP when needed.

I have no problem with what the DUP are doing, it's logical for them to milk the situation as much as they can.