The DUP

Blootoon87

I don't sign on till Thursday. Just been playing the PlayStation, watching Jeremy Kyle and washing my white sports socks in preparation for the big walk in a couple of weeks like all the rest of my type...

What's the walk got to do with it?

Honestly, different breed down in Airdrie. Out of interest do you actually partake in these walks? I'm beginning to think you do.

Ignoring the people who are using this thread for low brow tribalistic wind ups at the moment, it looks like the Tories think they don't need to give the DUP anything to stay in power:

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/general-election/dup-talks-with-tories-have-not-gone-as-expected-1-4481319

Theresa May’s hopes of a deal with the Democratic Unionist Party to shore up her minority government hit a setback, as the Northern Irish party warned that a deal was “certainly not imminent”. A DUP source told the Press Association that talks with Mrs May’s Conservatives “haven’t proceeded in a way that the DUP would have expected” and cautioned that the party “can’t be taken for granted”.

In the final analysis all the Tories have to do while sitting at the negotiating table is say, OK then vote us out and take the chance you wind up with Corbyn handling Brexit instead, so maybe they don't have to concede anything substantial at this point to get their way for the next few years. 

The problem isn't voting for Corbyn. The problem is that they need their vote on every single bit of legislation they pass so they will all need to suit the DUP, who are actually a bit more economically liberal than their social policies would indicate.

There's also the fact that other parties will be tabling amendments and the DUP can basically pick and choose from whatever takes their fancy

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Ignoring the people who are using this thread for low brow tribalistic wind ups at the moment

MUSSUS BUNFIELD