The DUP

Blootoon87

2 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

What's the craic? I believe they love the union and are fairly religious, that's about all I know. Fill me in.

Hate gays and dinosaurs and a bunch of religious fruit loops about covers it

The most hardcore ignorant bigoted party on these islands.

The English shires and the tabloid press would create merry hell if the SNP backed corbyn into number 10 but this is just fine.

The consequence for how the "UK govt" act as an honest broker over stormont are profound.

This is worth watching to understand where the DUP came from.

It's also very revealing as to the cabal of self-interested, mediocre shits that now infest the leadership.

I hated Paisley and everything he stood for. But as an old man he revealed a humane and caring side to his nature; he would be much better remembered had he shown that side miuch more during the NI troubles.

They're a bunch of right-wing religious nutjobs.

But they do also favour retaining the CTA between NI and ROI. Which should almost certainly result in a soft Brexit for the rest of us.

There is no viler act APART from homosexuality & sodomy, than SEXUALLY ABUSING INNOCENT CHILDREN!
Aye ok, two people in a same sex relationship who love each other,is WAAAY worse than kiddy fiddling!
Get these arseholes in the sea! The fact they may bring about a softer Brexit is of no consequence- a party that supports these blatantly skewed views of life should be no where near the corridors of power!

Guest bernardblack

Can someone fill me in on how this is possible? Can any two parties merge two form a coalition regardless who they are?

2 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Can someone fill me in on how this is possible? Can any two parties merge two form a coalition regardless who they are?

Basically yes,

But in the mental world of NI politics DUP have taken the tack that Corbyn is Pro-IRA therefore they are anti-Corbyn and are happy to back May.

They will extract what they can whilst promoting anti-abortion, anti same-sex marriage, religious nuttery.