SFA South Region Challenge Cup 2017-18

Rab B Nesbit

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

£6 I believe, and there will be a programme

Thanks, I'll be going as well tomorrow I think. My second cup final in 2 days. :)

17 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Keeping up the trend this season with new members stepping over from the juniors getting rewarded with a final. I'll be over at this never been at Kings Park for years.

it's changed a wee bit if you haven't been there for a while.

dalk9.thumb.jpg.175b7d1198a45c65c074868de847d4ff.jpg

they might get to use their DEVIL'S ILLUMINATION now that they're joining the EOSFL too! :lol:

5 hours ago, tamthebam said:

it's changed a wee bit if you haven't been there for a while.

dalk9.thumb.jpg.175b7d1198a45c65c074868de847d4ff.jpg

they might get to use their DEVIL'S ILLUMINATION now that they're joining the EOSFL too! :lol:

Last time I was there was 2003 when Cowden played Dalkeith in a PSF.

Excellent programme as always, just been enjoying the quiz. Albeit logos above the team-lists were the wrong way around ;).

Final was being filmed so assuming there will be highlights. Summing up it was hard fought with little between the sides. CSS looked the better in early exchanges but BSCG came into more of the play as normal time wore on. CSS opened the scoring with an electric breakaway down the left wing, precision long-range cross and a net-busting excellent finish. BSCG looked dangerous as the sought an equaliser and after their sturdy #11 shanked a volley across the face of the box it sprung in off someone midriff. In extratime both sides had opportunities blocked by keepers until Paolo Bozzi settled it with an outrageous overhead kick off an aerial attack.

Good crowd given the clubs involved, enjoyable tie, friendly facilities at Musselburgh which will enhance EOSL next season, and congratulations to CSS for capping an outstanding campaign.

Point of interest... CSS won after extra-time at Gretna in R2; at Leith in QF; at home to Vale of Leithen in SF; and again today v BSCG in Final.

Only their home victory over Dalbeattie in R3 didn't go the whole duration.

Remarkable.

It was a great game for a neutral. I also enjoyed the ground, as said above, a good addition for the EOS. It was a close game, but I think overall CSS were the slightly better team. The winning goal was brilliant. Really enjoyed today. :)

Felt a bit for BSC who have had a great season but delighted for the Strollers / they’ve had to work hard for everything they’ve got and are a club very much on the up.

Under Gary Jardine next season I reckon they are going to be a force. 

Archived