Playerunknown's Battlegrounds

DutchBorderer

After carefully considering whether there would be a steep enough discount during the Steam summer sale to consider waiting and then concluding I should just go ahead and buy it, I'm currently downloading Playerunknown's Battlegrounds.

For those unfamiliar with the game, it is a 100 man battle royale with players parachuting onto an island at the start of the island with nothing more to their person than their cosmetic items. They must them scavenge weapons, armor, and supplies and shoot 'n loot their way to victory while the game periodically restricts the playing area to bottleneck players into encounters.

Anyone played the game yet, any recommendations for newbies heading into their first match?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure why there aren't more games like this to be honest.  Looks brilliant fun, and takes a simple concept and executes it pretty well.  Console versions are planned apparently, so will pick it up then.  

I've watched a couple of streams on Youtube of this, and it looks a lot of fun. I don't play on PC but I believe there are console versions to come out.

The squad-based scenarios look the best, and from the streams I've watched you really do have to work together to have any chance of winning.

When I am bored at work I watch a few streamers playing this game. Looks great fun. Agree on the comment that there should be more games like this, especially on console. Half thinking of buying a gaming PC just to get involved. 

It's very decent so far, although very, very clearly an early access game. Matches can be a bit slow (you can go for 20+ minutes seeing no one only to get sniped in the head) but that might just be a case of me needing to git gud.

Its the same thing really. It's magic though. I played a few games yesterday for the first time and it's dead easy to pick up. My and 2 mates won on my 3rd game. A cracking laugh with a couple of pals to join in.

Been holding off buying this game to see if it's on sale during Steams summer sale, got a feeling it'll be like Dayz and we happy few and won't be on sale but will probably still get it after persuading my mate to get it

• 2 weeks later...

Watched a stream of this the other day, and the Yank talking was a proper messed up fucker. Was tying people up, leaving two guns in front of them, one which had no bullets, the other had plenty. Would undo them, and either shoot themselves and die, or survive and he would let them away. 

Very troubling here him talk. Definite school shooter in the making.

20 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

Watched a stream of this the other day, and the Yank talking was a proper messed up fucker. Was tying people up, leaving two guns in front of them, one which had no bullets, the other had plenty. Would undo them, and either shoot themselves and die, or survive and he would let them away. 

Very troubling here him talk. Definite school shooter in the making.

.. tying people up? In PUBG?

Archived