Realistically

5 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Forbes and O'Ware won't hit the heights again.

We need strikers weighing in with goals or we have big problems this year.

I hope they prove you wrong in the 1st part of your post.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

St. Mirren, I've yet to be convinced they will be anywhere near the sharp end of the league, but we will see who signs for them. Jack Ross in the second half of the season appeared to get the team organised and they won a few games, but they only just stayed out of the playoffs with that team. Whether the improvement transfers to the new season is another thing though.

50 minutes ago, CityDave said:

St. Mirren, I've yet to be convinced they will be anywhere near the sharp end of the league, but we will see who signs for them. Jack Ross in the second half of the season appeared to get the team organised and they won a few games, but they only just stayed out of the playoffs with that team. Whether the improvement transfers to the new season is another thing though.

Any bites yet lol:whistle

McGinn, Morgan, Cammy Smith, McKenzie, Stelios, Eckersley, Magennis for starters.

I don't even know who or what a 'Cammy Smith' is, never mind considering which effortlessly superior player we're supposed to be shipping out for him tbh.

1497634230412.jpg

If you read back a few pages it has.

I still don't see the attraction, rivalry bias aside, of this St.Mirren team. I think Morton are in for another good season but who do you guys have that I'd have in our starting XI? No one.

[emoji23]

At least some fans see Morton as mid table this season.  Last season we were one of the favourites for relegation in the equivalent to this thread, even amongst our own fans!  

To be fair we had about 6 signed players by this time!!!

In this league, the first objective is a team to survive.  Once you have that, what differentiates the mid table fodder from contenders is having strikers who can actually strike plus a decent smattering of goals elsewhere in the team.   In that respect, I am not seeing any team with better options upfront than Quitongo, Oliver, Thomson and McHugh.  Or Europe's joint top scoring defender!   Or a twelve goal, nearly 20 assists midfielder!

Time will tell!

^^^ Also this:

1497634331375.jpg.a2234f07dd168be2aebebb2f81722316.jpg

41 minutes ago, virginton said:

I don't even know who or what a 'Cammy Smith' is, never mind considering which effortlessly superior player we're supposed to be shipping out for him tbh.

1497634230412.jpg

I'm not surprised that you convienently choose to forget about Cammy Smith after the 4-1 horsing at Cappielow, you remember the game that had you all hot and bothered like a proper little Greenock Virgin. 

Nae luck chump and thanks for playing.........ect 

Well some people do get slightly bothered when they take a gubbing from the annual relegation fodder. How are you supposed to react?

I'm not surprised that you convienently choose to forget about Cammy Smith after the 4-1 horsing at Cappielow, you remember the game that had you all hot and bothered like a proper little Greenock Virgin. 
Nae luck chump and thanks for playing.........ect 

I don't tend to remember the sort of no-marks that finish with the same points total as a bunch of brickies and plumbers at Dumbarton. So I'm none the wiser about this 'Cammy Smith' ringer.

Better luck next time.

1497699872168.jpg

On 17/06/2017 at 12:43, virginton said:

I don't tend to remember the sort of no-marks that finish with the same points total as a bunch of brickies and plumbers at Dumbarton. So I'm none the wiser about this 'Cammy Smith' ringer.

Better luck next time.

1497699872168.jpg

Scrambling for relevance ^^^

Thanks for playing and better luck next time ......

Better luck next time.

1497699872168.jpg.40556c97c569f2fb3ce5505ce4e60bab.jpg

^^^^won't remember much about his own team over the years then!!

Archived