Realistically

I think the Pars will finish in a play off spot this coming season (and will fail to go up via play offs) 

where in the league do you think your team will finish this season? 

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to stick my neck on the line here and predict 1st-7th. We've got better attacking quality and depth which could lead to a more convincing challenge at the very top, but still have clear weaknesses in the team that need to be resolved with signings and the usual couple of loans. 

I'd set my early target for a good league campaign at 55+ points, which would probably mean a play-off spot as well. 

45 minutes ago, Scosha said:

I can see 7 teams fancying their chances of getting into top 4. Bit too early to judge where Morton will finish since there's still a few signings to be made. 

Yeah agreed. Its pretty obvious that there will be 7 teams expecting a playoff challenge at the very minimum so 3 teams will miss out. I expect QOTS, Pars and the Skunks to be better and more consistent next season.  DU will be favourites.

Would imagine Livvy, Brechin and Dumbarton would be happy with 8th.

For us, we have got rid of some of the average players from last season and the signings we have made so far seem promising. Having a fit Quitongo back is like a new signing too.  If we can retain Tidser, Russell and Doyle and add some quality in the midfield and wide left areas, we should be in good shape for a decent crack at a playoff challenge at least..

We have came 5th and 4th in our last 2 seasons, If we improve again, it should be another great season for us.

Just now, madton said:

Yeah agreed. Its pretty obvious that there will be 7 teams expecting a playoff challenge at the very minimum so 3 teams will miss out. I expect QOTS, Pars and the Skunks to be better and more consistent next season.  DU will be favourites.

Would imagine Livvy, Brechin and Dumbarton would be happy with 8th.

For us, we have got rid of some of the average players from last season and the signings we have made so far seem promising. Having a fit Quitongo back is like a new signing too.  If we can retain Tidser, Russell and Doyle and add some quality in the midfield and wide left areas, we should be in good shape for a decent crack at a playoff challenge at least..

We have came 5th and 4th in our last 2 seasons, If we improve again, it should be another great season for us.

f**k that, I want us to be challenging for 4th place.

46 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

This is how it will finish next season;

Falkirk

Dundee United

St Mirren

Inverness

Pars

Morton

QOS

Livingston

Dumbarton

Brechin

Fancy Brechin and Livi to swap positions in that league and I think Morton will be higher given the strike force at their disposal this year.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Going to stick my neck on the line here and predict 1st-7th. We've got better attacking quality and depth which could lead to a more convincing challenge at the very top, but still have clear weaknesses in the team that need to be resolved with signings and the usual couple of loans. 

I'd set my early target for a good league campaign at 55+ points, which would probably mean a play-off spot as well. 

Laughter

Archived