Realistically

Is Stephen McGinn is still there and Morgan stays on that is two immediately better players than what we have. So there's that.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Is Stephen McGinn is still there and Morgan stays on that is two immediately better players than what we have. So there's that.

There is supposed to be teams sniffing about Morgan a good offer would be hard to turn down for them.

Supposed to be teams sniffing about. That's that then, he's sold, they're shite again and we're gonnae win the league. 

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 23:45, CityDave said:

Not going to predict the league just yet, far far too early.

That's the fun part.

Dundee Utd

Falkirk

ICT

Dunfermline

St Mirren

Morton

Dumbarton

QOTS

Livi

Brechin

2 minutes ago, Lex said:

That's the fun part.

Dundee Utd

Falkirk

ICT

Dunfermline

St Mirren

Morton

Dumbarton

QOTS

Livi

Brehcin

I think right now a league table of which supporters on here are so full of it, convinced their team will stroll the Championship or stroll their way to a playoff. The worst offender bottom of the league the quiet ones top. Dunfermline fans seem to be confident. Brechin fans appear to be away on holiday so they have the cigars out at the moment.

Where would you go on holiday if you lived in Brechin?

3 hours ago, Tri-TON said:

If you read back a few pages it has.

I still don't see the attraction, rivalry bias aside, of this St.Mirren team. I think Morton are in for another good season but who do you guys have that I'd have in our starting XI? No one.

McGinn, Morgan, Cammy Smith, McKenzie, Stelios, Eckersley, Magennis for starters.

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

McGinn, Morgan, Cammy Smith, McKenzie, Stelios, Eckersley, Magennis for starters.

Go on then, what players would they displace?

4 minutes ago, Tri-TON said:

Tidser, Forbes, Harkins, O'Ware, Russell, Quitongo and Oliver.

Hark at Harkins.

We quite clearly have better players than Morton, but then again we have for the past two seasons.  Hasn't stopped them finishing above us in either of those seasons so no reason why they can't again I guess.

15 minutes ago, Lex said:

We quite clearly have better players than Morton, but then again we have for the past two seasons.  Hasn't stopped them finishing above us in either of those seasons so no reason why they can't again I guess.

You quite clearly haven't hence completely gutting the squad last season and starting again.

At least some fans see Morton as mid table this season.  Last season we were one of the favourites for relegation in the equivalent to this thread, even amongst our own fans!  

To be fair we had about 6 signed players by this time!!!

In this league, the first objective is a team to survive.  Once you have that, what differentiates the mid table fodder from contenders is having strikers who can actually strike plus a decent smattering of goals elsewhere in the team.   In that respect, I am not seeing any team with better options upfront than Quitongo, Oliver, Thomson and McHugh.  Or Europe's joint top scoring defender!   Or a twelve goal, nearly 20 assists midfielder!

Time will tell!

5 minutes ago, GiGi said:

You quite clearly haven't hence completely gutting the squad last season and starting again.

When did we do that?  Most of the players who started our last game of the season were with us at the start.

8 minutes ago, Tonsilitis said:

At least some fans see Morton as mid table this season.  Last season we were one of the favourites for relegation in the equivalent to this thread, even amongst our own fans!  

To be fair we had about 6 signed players by this time!!!

In this league, the first objective is a team to survive.  Once you have that, what differentiates the mid table fodder from contenders is having strikers who can actually strike plus a decent smattering of goals elsewhere in the team.   In that respect, I am not seeing any team with better options upfront than Quitongo, Oliver, Thomson and McHugh.  Or Europe's joint top scoring defender!   Or a twelve goal, nearly 20 assists midfielder!

Time will tell!

Forbes and O'Ware won't hit the heights again.

We need strikers weighing in with goals or we have big problems this year.

32 minutes ago, Lex said:

Hark at Harkins.

Good players don't always make a good team.

Just now, GiGi said:

Who knows whether Forbes and O'Ware do it again or not?

With regard to strikers, the manager has given it a decent shot!

2 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Falkirk fans might have the answer. :rolleyes:

Archived