Realistically

I have a sneaky feeling ICT might do better than most seem to think. Still think it'll be the most open Championship in quite a few years. Exciting times ahead.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's worth remembering we still have guys who have won the Scottish Cup and finished 3rd in the Premiership. Raven, Warren, Tremarco, Draper, Doran, Polworth, Esson.  We haven't come down with some complete gang.

It's worth remembering we still have guys who have won the Scottish Cup and finished 3rd in the Premiership. Raven, Warren, Tremarco, Draper, Doran, Polworth, Esson.  We haven't come down with some complete gang.

But still finished 12th and got you relegated!

8 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:

But still finished 12th and got you relegated!

Thankfully our terrible manager and his terrible signings and loanees have gone.  Half of our brilliant 2012-2015 squad remains.  I can see us doing very well.

Just now, TheScarf said:

Thankfully our terrible manager and his terrible signings and loanees have gone.  Half of our brilliant 2012-2015 squad remains.  I can see us doing very well.

A lot depends on the attitude of these players who came down whether they are up for trying to get us back up. As Terry and Mo found out when we were last in the 2nd tier some of the players who were relegated just seemed to give up, fortunately we had the players in reserve who had something to prove to replace them.

Inverness have the core of a good squad at the moment but face a larger rebuilding task than when they went down last time. They've missed out to Dundee United on some of the targets that you might have expected them to go for because they spent nearly an entire month replacing their manager. They're behind most other clubs in the division in terms of their preparation. While Robertson might make good use of the resources available there have to be considerable doubts about his ability to do a good job. That's a lot of red flags.

They could quite plausibly win the league but I'd lean towards them missing out on the play-offs altogether.

1 hour ago, P475 said:

Realistically, now we've signed Tam McManus and Micky Spilane, we'll be able to talk a good game, then write about it. 

Heres hoping we can play one now. 

Tam McManus def doesn't talk a good game, nearly as bad as Derek Ferguson, but not quite!

Do St.Mirren still think they're one of the best sides in the league when they've signed no one of any calibre? They've lost 3 of their best players in Mallan, Loy and Davis.

"But Jack Ross is waiting on Kenny McLean and John McGinn to be sold by their respective clubs." Sounds like you just can't sign anyone.

3 minutes ago, Tri-TON said:

Do St.Mirren still think they're one of the best sides in the league when they've signed no one of any calibre? They've lost 3 of their best players in Mallan, Loy and Davis.

"But Jack Ross is waiting on Kenny McLean and John McGinn to be sold by their respective clubs." Sounds like you just can't sign anyone.

You're looking for realism from a club whose daily basis is run by this absolute fantasist:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36559890

St Mirren chief executive Tony Fitzpatrick

Think I can spot a flaw with that approach tbh. 

9 minutes ago, Tri-TON said:

Absolutely no-one has said anything to that effect you mentalist! :lol:

You honestly think our budget is reliant on two sell on clauses that many not even happen?

Absolutely no-one has said anything to that effect you mentalist! :lol:
You honestly think our budget is reliant on two sell on clauses that many not even happen?

If you read back a few pages it has.

I still don't see the attraction, rivalry bias aside, of this St.Mirren team. I think Morton are in for another good season but who do you guys have that I'd have in our starting XI? No one.

22 minutes ago, Tri-TON said:

If you read back a few pages it has.

I still don't see the attraction, rivalry bias aside, of this St.Mirren team. I think Morton are in for another good season but who do you guys have that I'd have in our starting XI? No one.

:lol: OK

26 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

:lol: OK

I don't see your lot struggling but I think your lot will probably be below us again as things stand at the moment although things can change with signings in the next few weeks.

Archived