Realistically

Care to explain how we have a big rebuild job? We've retained the majority of last seasons squad. In what way are your signings any different/better than ours so far? You've brought in a GK who loves a mistake and signed a few unproven players from league 1. So far  Let the shite like Shankland, Oyenuga, Scullion etc go and replaced them with Robert Thomson, Gary Harkins and Bob McHugh. All proven players at this level. There's a question mark over Harkins but if he gets the right attitude he'll do fine for us. It's far too early to predict where anyone will finish yet anyway. 

From my understanding you retained 10 first team contracted players from last season and promoted a few boys. The loan platings and Gunning for first half of the season were very important to you. You won 1 game in the last 12 and completely fell off the pace. I'd say you need to sign roughly 10 players to finish your squad. Harkins is a laughable signing, McHugh nothing to write home about. We have retained the majority of our squad that impressed tail end of the season and padded it out with some impressive players at the level below ours. If 2 of them come good then it'll be a win. I'd imagine we'll also still be bringing in players with Ross likely waiting to see what happens with John McGinn and Kenny Mcleans transfer rumours.

Our players are better than yours because we pay more money. You've been punching the last couple of seasons and that's evident because it's the only two seasons in a generation you've finished above us.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, virginton said:

We finished in the play-offs while you were slumming it out with joke outfits like Raith Rovers. Get back in your box then. 

Aw how happy would you be if we went down? You must of been raging. Just think back to happier times like Alex Rae and December. 

Comparing the team that ended the league with the one that started it... You may as well because let's be honest, it's all you've got. When does the DVD come out for you finishing 4th in the Championship? 

I may be totally wrong but didn't St Mirren win just two of the last six games and stay up on goal difference? And didn't they just lose Mallan? No denying the wave of optimism though on here and there could be decent odds to be picked up if bookies have not caught on to the Jack Ross phenomenon. 

5 minutes ago, Bazil85 said:

Aw how happy would you be if we went down? You must of been raging. Just think back to happier times like Alex Rae and December. 

Comparing the team that ended the league with the one that started it... You may as well because let's be honest, it's all you've got. 

It's funny that you should mention Alex Rae, because I clearly recall how gormless losers like yourself were trying to tell anyone who'd listen the same story precisely twelve months ago: how your new manager had turned everything around; how you had an entirely different squad to the one in the first half of the last season; how if you looked at the form tables over x games rather than y games then your failed outfit were actually world-beaters, etc. 

That didn't work out for you, which is why your bluster at the moment is fooling absolutely no-one. 

When does the DVD come out for you finishing 4th in the Championship? 

You're the chumps attempting to dine out on beating a relegated Raith Rovers side on goal difference. Sit down and shut up.

51 minutes ago, Bazil85 said:

Our players are better than yours because we pay more money. You've been punching the last couple of seasons and that's evident because it's the only two seasons in a generation you've finished above us.

Yeah that worked out well last season :lol:  If Doyle and Russell sign their contract extensions we only really need 3 more signings. Don't know where you're getting this 10 figure from. 

6 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I may be totally wrong but didn't St Mirren win just two of the last six games and stay up on goal difference? And didn't they just lose Mallan? No denying the wave of optimism though on here and there could be decent odds to be picked up if bookies have not caught on to the Jack Ross phenomenon. 

St Mirren last six games including Morton, Falkirk, Dundee United and Hibs away from home, or to put it another way the champions and the play-off clubs? to only lose one of those games (last minute goal) and to score 21 goals in our last seven games isn't really bad going is it?

yes Mallan is a loss but it's certainly not the end of days. Good money for him and retained the rest of a very solid midfield.  

6 minutes ago, virginton said:

It's funny that you should mention Alex Rae, because I clearly recall how gormless losers like yourself were trying to tell anyone who'd listen the same story precisely twelve months ago: how your new manager had turned everything around; how you had an entirely different squad to the one in the first half of the last season; how if you looked at the form tables over x games rather than y games then your failed outfit were actually world-beaters, etc. 

That didn't work out for you, which is why your bluster at the moment is fooling absolutely no-one. 

You're the chumps attempting to dine out on beating a relegated Raith Rovers side on goal difference. Sit down and shut up.

Are you raging? Aww how good would it be if we got relegated to the third tier for the first time ever?

I assure you I was never bigging up Alex Rae at any point he was here. Cheap option from the old board that made another manager Ian Murrays rejects look average. 

Bigger club, more fans, better stadium, better facilities, more promising future and prouder history. Forever in our shadow but well done on finishing above us two seasons in a row. Let's do it again in another 40 years. 

7 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Yeah that worked out well last season :lol:  If Doyle and Russell sign their contract extensions we only really need 3 more signings. Don't know where you're getting this 10 figure from. 

If... They'll be waiting for a better offer from someone like Livingston I imagine 

4 minutes ago, Bazil85 said:

St Mirren last six games including Morton, Falkirk, Dundee United and Hibs away from home, or to put it another way the champions and the play-off clubs? to only lose one of those games (last minute goal) and to score 21 goals in our last seven games isn't really bad going is it?

yes Mallan is a loss but it's certainly not the end of days. Good money for him and retained the rest of a very solid midfield.  

I'm only throwing it out there and I'm not really even taking the piss. Just saying, as an outsider, you'd look at St Mirren as a team who scraped home and lost a star player (took us six months to recover from replacing El Bak with Gavin Reilly). Bookies might do that too so if you lot are that certain you have a real chance you might find some long title odds to be picked up. 

1 minute ago, Bazil85 said:

Are you raging? Aww how good would it be if we got relegated to the third tier for the first time ever?

There's only one seething mess on this thread at the moment - flailing and failing at anyone who doesn't buy his delusions of grandeur. 

Hint:

Spoiler

It's you.

Forever in our shadow 

2015/16 - Morton 5th, 43 points; Saint Mirren 6th, 42 points

2016/17 - Morton 4th, 52 points; Saint Mirren 7th, 39 points

Better luck next time. 

_90011794_tonyf.jpg

8 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I'm only throwing it out there and I'm not really even taking the piss. Just saying, as an outsider, you'd look at St Mirren as a team who scraped home and lost a star player (took us six months to recover from replacing El Bak with Gavin Reilly). Bookies might do that too so if you lot are that certain you have a real chance you might find some long title odds to be picked up. 

I think it only looks like we 'scraped' home if you look at the team over the season. It's hardly fair to do that when 10 players left in January and 10 game in. Mallan is a loss, no denying that but I'd of been more disappointed if we also let Morgan, McGinn and Magennis go. He was good but we were far from a one man team.

9 minutes ago, virginton said:

There's only one seething mess on this thread at the moment - flailing and failing at anyone who doesn't buy his delusions of grandeur. 

Hint:

Reveal hidden contents

It's you.

2015/16 - Morton 5th, 43 points; Saint Mirren 6th, 42 points

2016/17 - Morton 4th, 52 points; Saint Mirren 7th, 39 points

Better luck next time. 

_90011794_tonyf.jpg

You seem angry, remember December and January and even February? Happier times eh, you must miss Alex Rae. 

It's a great achievement, it's right up there with winning a major trophy or finishing above Morton for 15 seasons in a row. How did the tattoo come out of your brilliant season this year? 

How goes the season ticket sales as well? Double digits yet? 

1 hour ago, Bazil85 said:

From my understanding you retained 10 first team contracted players from last season and promoted a few boys. The loan platings and Gunning for first half of the season were very important to you. You won 1 game in the last 12 and completely fell off the pace. I'd say you need to sign roughly 10 players to finish your squad. Harkins is a laughable signing, McHugh nothing to write home about. We have retained the majority of our squad that impressed tail end of the season and padded it out with some impressive players at the level below ours. If 2 of them come good then it'll be a win. I'd imagine we'll also still be bringing in players with Ross likely waiting to see what happens with John McGinn and Kenny Mcleans transfer rumours.

Aye ok league table does not lie over the last 2 seasons back in your box.

10 minutes ago, gmfc said:

Aye ok league table does not lie over the last 2 seasons back in your box.

Hope you enjoyed it, must of been the best time ever. Imagine how much better it would of been if it actually meant something like you going up or us going down? 

1 - who cares

2 - who cares

3 - who cares

Etc etc etc.

This league is absolute dog shite, would be embarrassed to have to support my team in this division. Luckily that hasn't happened yet and I'm 30.

1 hour ago, Bazil85 said:

Hope you enjoyed it, must of been the best time ever. Imagine how much better it would of been if it actually meant something like you going up or us going down? 

We have improved every season under Duffy so for you to say we are punching above our weight don't talk pish now back in your box once again.

I don't see a Hibs in this year's league. 

Last year the league had a defined top four and the rest scrapping out the other places.  This year I think is more even.  Dundee United are nowhere near as far ahead of the rest as Hibs were.  Falkirk look weaker, depending on signings.  Morton look to have more upfront with the return of Quitongo and addition of McHugh and Thomson but are still short of a few players.   Dunfermline may well be stronger than last year having had their acclimatisation season.  St Mirren may or may not carry on from where they left off which could be more likely if they re-sign Loy.   Inverness and Queens I have no idea about but do not think either will challenge or be in any danger.  Livi will find what every promoted team does, that the championship is a lot tougher league than League 1.   Dumbarton and Brechin must be the early favourites for the bottom two spots but especially with Dumbarton, it depends on signings.

Archived