Realistically

35 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

51eIMRYLnqL._SY450_.jpg

Oooft: to think that meme for Dundee's failure will be fully ten years old in the 17-18 season. That was one when Dundee got beaten to the title by Hamilton. How the time has flown by. 

25 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

f**k that, I want us to be challenging for 4th place.

You'll get slapped down by all the bigger, established teams as usual and like it. 

1496659016777.jpg.3cb8a86133e64a6a723351c6e8665dac.jpg

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Falkirk will not win the league. I fear we are due a stinker.

Unfortunately I tend to agree, IF we don't refresh the squad somewhat. If Sibbald and Baird stay then I think Houston will look for a back up to Gallagher and a wide right midfielder and that'll be about it. I fail to see then how a virtually unchanged squad, one that didn't give us many moments of real quality last season, will suddenly turn in to title winners.

The chance was there to free Kerr & Baird and freshen things up a bit but he decided not to take it.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

f**k that, I want us to be challenging for 4th place.

i know you want to, but surely Livingston's aim would just be to stay up next season?

Up against 7 full time outfits who will all have much bigger budgets than you.

With Naysmith in charge it could go any way. He's cleared out all the players he pissed off, except those on 2 year deals, and brought in a few of his own choosing,  so we should get a better idea of his managerial capabilities and preferred playing style. Hope to be proved wrong but I'll say 5th or 6th at best. 

We will have a smaller squad and a smaller budget yet the aim (according to players and management) is promotion. We only have half a team just now but it's a very solid core/spine so all depends who else AJ can round up. I'd say 4th would be a huge achievement for us.

Only pars fans can dream of play offs in June...!!

I'd say if anyone seriously invested in their team, then they would skoosh the league, Hibs done so last season and really the failure of anyone giving a serious challenge, had them stumble over the line in the last quarter.

There is gonna be a much of a muchness within many teams. On paper, this season it's a weaker league.

Our expectations as always is top 4, many others will share that and only the deluded and mentally unstable would/could say they will win the league in June. I honestly couldn't advise a bookies on the favourite for the league.

6 hours ago, virginton said:

Oooft: to think that meme for Dundee's failure will be fully ten years old in the 17-18 season. That was one when Dundee got beaten to the title by Hamilton. How the time has flown by. 

You'll get slapped down by all the bigger, established teams as usual and like it. 

Yeh you guys have fair pushed on since then :lol:

1496659016777.jpg.3cb8a86133e64a6a723351c6e8665dac.jpg

7 hours ago, madton said:

i know you want to, but surely Livingston's aim would just be to stay up next season?

Up against 7 full time outfits who will all have much bigger budgets than you.

I'm pretty confident the players we've already got signed will do well this season, only really needing 3 more decent signings and we're good to go. We're looking in a lot better shape than we have been the last 3 seasons too, with players nearly all signed up and most of them already familiar with one another, I don't think we'll be scrapping it out down at the bottom of the table so mid table to 4th place should be our aim.

8th would do me tbh. Our squad is much better than when we were last here (getting rid of Darren Cole automatically made us about 10x better), but it's a big step up going from PT teams and Airdrie's laughable effort to the Championship. Gallagher and Halkett gives us good strength at the back, think Lithgow/Crighton will be found out a bit though. Got a good midfield and if we can get Buchanan signed up we've got more than a few goals.

Realistically I'd imagine the 'aim' is top half, but avoiding the drop would be a good start to life back in the Championship. Don't think I'm alone in assuming that Brechin will be 10th, giving us a good scrap down the bottom half, can see us fighting it out with Dumbarton and 1 or 2 others to avoid the play offs.

We haven't finished above Dumbarton since 2012/13, so they're probably safe already :lol:

I think 5th to 7th but if you offered me 8th now I'd bite your hand off. 

We have a decent squad together but it's a huge step up from League 1 to the championship although we are much better equipt this time around.

Time will tell

10 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

51eIMRYLnqL._SY450_.jpg

Was that poster Iron Chicken or something? 

Dundee Utd 

Falkirk 

St Mirren 

Dunfermline 

Inverness 

Morton 

Livingston 

Queen of the South 

Dumbarton 

Brechin 

Archived