Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

44 minutes ago, Widge said:

More importantly who the f**k keeps their volume at 9!? That’s just a prime no go, either stick at 8 or put it to 10!

Depends on what the volume goes up to. Some only go up to 20. Some to 30. Mine goes up to 100 (which means I normally have it at about 13 or so for TV, but turn it right up for anything played through the Xbox as for some reason the sound is much quieter). 

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:

Told the wife I'd rather pay a painter to come in and do the job properly for getting the living room decorated.
Yup came back from holiday and she has attempted to do it herself.
I've told her how I felt about it and that didn't go down to well.

Welcome home indeed

If ever there was a 'Pics or GTF' post then this is it

Just now, G_Man1985 said:
2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
If ever there was a 'Pics or GTF' post then this is it

Of the walls then no chance as that will set me off again. This is to be fixed by this weekend. Thankfully I'm fairly busy

Yes, of the walls.

13 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

When I'm late shift she'll normally be lying on the couch when I get in. The irritating (fucking infuriating) thing is that she normally falls asleep and will mute the tv or turn it down to about 2 or 3. I'll then come in and put the tv to a level that I can hear the thing, normally about a 9 or 10. This will then disturb the wee one and she'll moan it's because I've turned the tv up. Numerous times I've told her not to fucking turn it down then and the wee one won't be disturbed.

leave the TV on - constantly - at a level which is to your liking, and simply ensure that your other half and/or mewling cabbage move further away from it when they want to sleep ?

it's very like the craggy island big cow/small cow scenario, except with audible rather than visual stimuli - same scientific principles can be applied

leave the TV on - constantly - at a level which is to your liking, and simply ensure that your other half and/or mewling cabbage move further away from it when they want to sleep ?
it's very like the craggy island big cow/small cow scenario, except with audible rather than visual stimuli - same scientific principles can be applied
Turning the TV off and going to bed would be a far better idea tbh but she won't do that.

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

^^^Mrs Ranter found^^^

She always has to have the volume at an even number. Bizarre exception being odd numbers ending in 5, which are ok apparently, because they end in 5.

Your wife is entirely correct. This is my preference. I've tried being all nonchalant and cool and leaving it on 23 (or 37, whatever) but it makes my brain itch until i rectify it.

^^^Mrs Ranter found^^^
She always has to have the volume at an even number. Bizarre exception being odd numbers ending in 5, which are ok apparently, because they end in 5.
5 is right in the middle. She's right enough.

9 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Your wife is entirely correct. This is my preference. I've tried being all nonchalant and cool and leaving it on 23 (or 37, whatever) but it makes my brain itch until i rectify it.

I'm the opposite, I can, generally, only have it on odd numbers but don't mind if it ends in zero.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

I'll just point out the obvious fact that setting the TV volume will not affect the actual noise level varying between zero (during the quiet bits) and the maximum allowed by the selected level (during the loudest bits), several times an hour.

So leaving the volume at 10 is going to produce dozens of steps in loudness throughout the night, instead of just the one (that magically wakes the bairn).

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

QOS needs to get his hands on the telly that was up for sale on here a few years back.

There's also been no mention of Dryhorce or Spinal Tap over the past few pages. Scandalous.

6 hours ago, nsr said:

Ours can only be heard at around 20 or above. I tend not to go above 30, as I'd be in Annoying The Neighbours territory at that point.

The neighbours on our right (as you look at the front of the terrace) haven't moved in yet - despite buying the house 5 years ago, and there is an entry/pend/close between ourselves and the left hand neighbours, two of whom are slightly/very deaf, so we don't have that problem. :)