Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

2 hours ago, throbber said:

I do think of my Mrs when having a tug as it’s because of her that I no longer have a sex life so chugging is as good as it gets.

I also think of Mrs H when relaxing the mans' way - as  thinking about someone svelte, attractive, curvaceous, engaging, sexy and alluring means it'd all be over in a few seconds and hardly be worth the effort...

So she watches TV with you, at the original 2 or 3 volume? Which would presumably mean she can hear it at that level. But you can't because you're, apparently, hard of hearing, so you turn it up, knowing full well it'll wake your child, lead to him crying and an argument with your partner?
Stop being a dick.
She can't hear it at 2 or 3! She turns it to that level so she can sleep!!
You have a young child, accept that you now need to have the subtitles on and stop being a colossal f**k-knuckle.
Didn't realise 19QOS19 was such a pathetic manchild.
That's bus conductors for you I suppose. 
I can't believe you're all missing the point here. My wee one is a great sleeper. If the tv was at 20 she'd fall asleep and stay asleep. The problem occurs when the tv is turned down and then turned back up. That would unsettle most people. If my Mrs would keep it at the normal level all night rather than turn it down to go to sleep then I'd be able to come home and hear the tv at the level that hasn't disturbed the wee one at all.

I can't believe you're all missing the point here. My wee one is a great sleeper. If the tv was at 20 she'd fall asleep and stay asleep. The problem occurs when the tv is turned down and then turned back up. That would unsettle most people. If my Mrs would keep it at the normal level all night rather than turn it down to go to sleep then I'd be able to come home and hear the tv at the level that hasn't disturbed the wee one at all.

What about turning the tv up to 6 or 7 so it’s audible but not waking up the bairn?

What about turning the tv up to 6 or 7 so it’s audible but not waking up the bairn?
8 or 9 is actually the level we have it at night. It's quiet but you can hear it. In the same token I could easily fall asleep with it at that level. Which is why it infuriates me: if she kept it at that level all night she could snooze, I could come in and hear the tv without having to turn it up and the wee one wouldn't be disturbed. By turning it down it fucks everything up though.

1 minute ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Does the “QOS” of your monicker stand for “Quiet Or Sound” ?

Not sure the first two letters, but I am presuming the third is definitely "Selfish"

1 hour ago, Sweet Pete said:

So she watches TV with you, at the original 2 or 3 volume? Which would presumably mean she can hear it at that level. But you can't because you're, apparently, hard of hearing, so you turn it up, knowing full well it'll wake your child, lead to him crying and an argument with your partner?

Stop being a dick.

Since this conversation clearly needs another stranger's opinion, in my opinion, if he's hard of hearing then that's an excuse - his partner should keep it at 8 or 9 so he can hear it without affecting the baby. But if he's not hard of hearing, and can hear it at 2 or 3, then there's no reason to turn it up to 8 or 9. But I think we really need some more opinions on this before passing judgement...

2 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

^^^
Rhymes with "harrier"

If you were one of them my opinion of you would be exactly the same. You're either at the wind up with this old firm fan charade, or your facade of likeability is really quite a deep and well rehearsed mask to conceal your inner old firmy-ness i.e scumbaggery. You're too good for the arse cheeks, wee man. And I think you know that.

1 minute ago, Widge said:

More importantly who the f**k keeps their volume at 9!? That’s just a prime no go, either stick at 8 or put it to 10!

^^^Mrs Ranter found^^^

She always has to have the volume at an even number. Bizarre exception being odd numbers ending in 5, which are ok apparently, because they end in 5.

3 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

If you were one of them my opinion of you would be exactly the same. You're either at the wind up with this old firm fan charade, or your facade of likeability is really quite a deep and well rehearsed mask to conceal your inner old firmy-ness i.e scumbaggery. You're too good for the arse cheeks, wee man. And I think you know that.

Mostly the first one.  And a wee bit of the second.