Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

4 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

we're obviously triplets, separated at birth...

I got my son to get it down. There was 3 trees, several bags and boxes. Which are now pushed in to an alcove, "until she looks through them". None of the trees served this year's purposes. We needed a slim tree, which we now have, making it 4. It's 6 foot tall and been decorated by two people who wouldn't be 5 foot if you stood them on top of each other.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I got my son to get it down. There was 3 trees, several bags and boxes. Which are now pushed in to an alcove, "until she looks through them". None of the trees served this year's purposes. We needed a slim tree, which we now have, making it 4. It's 6 foot tall and been decorated by two people who wouldn't be 5 foot if you stood them on top of each other.

Always imagined you as being tall,  never a short arse.

13 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

55 minutes it took me getting everything out of the attic and into the living room. Having COPD doesn't help when climbing up and down stairs and hauling and lugging bags/boxes of Christmas decorations and baubles.

I reckon anybody half fit could have done it in 20 + minutes.

Got it all down from attic, and she’s tooken over, so that’s fine by me. 5 grandbairns due for dinner, the tree will be barren at the bottom within 5 minutes of them coming in, so her face will be a picture 

20 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

Got it all down from attic, and she’s tooken over, so that’s fine by me. 5 grandbairns due for dinner, the tree will be barren at the bottom within 5 minutes of them coming in, so her face will be a picture 

Tooken play at that game.

I was tasked with digging our tree and decorations out of the cellar, which, of course, meant that they were at the very back, underneath a hundred things. I dutifully emptied the cellar, carried the tree and boxes of decorations inside and said "we always argue about tree bauble placement because you're an uptight cow, so you decorate the tree yourself" (I may be paraphrasing), and as my reward I was then tasked with clearing out and reorganising the cellar. Turns out that the four bags of old bedding, two old dismantled beds, half box of broken tiles, empty cardboard box and seven old tins of paint weren't really needed, so I was then tasked with binning them all. She then had the bright idea that all my tools and camping gear could be mounted on the cellar walls to make better use of the space, so I was tasked with hanging various tents, bergens, roll mats, spades, rakes and tool bags from the cellar's brick walls and inside of the door. Still, the cellar's spotless and the tree's up.

Edited by Sweet Pete

36 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Did you not think of giving her a hand?

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I did. I gave her a round of applause at the end.  

Reveal hidden contents

I had a vomiting bairn to contend with so she was on her own.

I set them up...

19 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Christmas trees?

if you can do it in less than 6 hours I’ll fly you to Dundee this time next year!

As an aside, snowy Sperrins I presume?

I leave putting up the Christmas tree and decorations to my wife and step daughter, so, much as I would enjoy a trip to Dundee - I could visit most of my cousins from there - I couldn't undertake it under false pretences.

Very much so