Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

15 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

Got the loft rooms properly insulated. Was moaning at me earlier that the rooms don't feel any warmer.
I explained that the insulation helps to stop losing heat, it doesn't generate it so maybe try turning on the heating.

I'm with your Mrs here.  If the rooms don't feel warmer then someone's fucked the insulation.

I'm with your Mrs here.  If the rooms don't feel warmer then someone's fucked the insulation.

Nope. Windaes had been open as well to help clear the dust.
Time will tell but even if it makes a difference now she won't admit it. Her stubbornness does my nut in.

3 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

Nope. Windaes had been open as well to help clear the dust.
Time will tell but even if it makes a difference now she won't admit it. Her stubbornness does my nut in.

So uninsulated loft rooms with closed windaes are at a similar temperature to insulated loft rooms with open windaes?  And you blame your Mrs' stubbornness for pointing this out?  Wrong thread for this pash IMO.

So uninsulated loft rooms with closed windaes are at a similar temperature to insulated loft rooms with open windaes?  And you blame your Mrs' stubbornness for pointing this out?  Wrong thread for this pash IMO.

No heating had been on. The insulation was complete. How could the rooms be any warmer when no heating had been on and the windows had been open?

Her: “So When are you moving in?”

Me: “I think it’s a bit soon to be discussing moving in together, don’t want to rush it either. I feel we should talk about it within the next 6 months.”

Her: “aw it’s Just I’ve been looking at bigger flats and joint bank accounts and I can learn to drive your car..”

Every. Fucking. Night.

4 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

No heating had been on. The insulation was complete. How could the rooms be any warmer when no heating had been on and the windows had been open?

This is the vital bit missing from your original post yet you're coming on here seeking affirmation when the root cause is your inability to communicate cogently.  Better get it sorted or your marriage is fucked, bud.

This is the vital bit missing from your original post yet you're coming on here seeking affirmation when the root cause is your inability to communicate cogently.  Better get it sorted or your marriage is fucked, bud.

Aye very good. I think I'll leave it here.

Good day to you sir.

42 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

This was clear from the beginning to the sentient. My sympathies.

RE dishwashers; I'm pretty sure I read that they're much more economical than washing dishes by hand.

I actually like washing dishes. I find it one of the more relaxing household chores. I will admit, however, that since having a child, I use the dishwasher pretty much all the time.

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

Me: “I think it’s a bit soon to be discussing moving in together, don’t want to rush it either. I feel we should talk about it within the next 6 months.”

Her: “aw it’s Just I’ve been looking at bigger flats and joint bank accounts and I can learn to drive your car..”

Every. Fucking. Night.

Joint bank account?! Run. Fast and far.

Oh, and what does she mean by 'learning to drive your car'? Is it somehow massively different from other cars?

Joint bank account?! Run. Fast and far.
Oh, and what does she mean by 'learning to drive your car'? Is it somehow massively different from other cars?

I have no idea, but she is getting nowhere near my car.

Moaned like f**k for the past week that I do sweet fa every year for Xmas. Ok, it’s technically true, I do do f**k all, that’s why I enjoy the festive period. But tonight she asked me to help her wrap presents, I feel dead inside, 3 and a fucking 1/2 hours wrapping, whilst watching my every move to see if I was wasting paper or using too much tape 

11 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Moaned like f**k for the past week that I do sweet fa every year for Xmas. Ok, it’s technically true, I do do f**k all, that’s why I enjoy the festive period. But tonight she asked me to help her wrap presents, I feel dead inside, 3 and a fucking 1/2 hours wrapping, whilst watching my every move to see if I was wasting paper or using too much tape 

f**k that. It's CL night. 

Every. Fucking. Night.

How long have you been together? Is she meaning a joint savings account? I have a joint savings account and a joint account our bills come out of. After that what's left of our money is our own. I don't think I could be hattered with one joint account.