Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

They're not a waste of money at all. They use hardly any electricity and are perhaps the greatest thing ever invented, particularly when you have a child. 

This ^^^

If you live alone or even as a couple I would agree that they are a bit of an extravagance. If you've got kids they're an absolute life saver.

54 minutes ago, Rugster said:

They're not a waste of money at all. They use hardly any electricity and are perhaps the greatest thing ever invented, particularly when you have a child. 

You're only supposed to wash dishes in them.

ETA I see that's been done to death.

Edited by Jacksgranda

38 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Getting to bathe in the kitchen sink was a real treat when I was a kid. 

Certainly better than being 3rd in line on a Sunday bath night, hot water was a luxury back then and immersion heaters were evil 

On 17/11/2017 at 14:19, NJ2 said:

I don’t. Have never had one so don’t know what I’m missing. The place I’m planning on moving in to next year but I doubt I’ll ever use it.

Said everyone ever who moved in to a place with a dishwasher,  without having had one previously

Said everyone ever who moved in to a place with a dishwasher,  without having had one previously

I live on my own though, I’d need to be a right lazy b*****d to save up enough dishes to fill it, Shirley?

Buy 2. Clean one and dirty one. Then it operates as your cupboard aswell.

Buy? Christ if I could afford a dishwasher I’d just be buying new plates all the time instead. Marigolds are much more cost effective

We get the keys to our new house on Thursday this week complete with dishwasher. For the 18 months we've lived in our current house we've had to handwash the dishes and the missus has always bought the smallest bottle of washing up liquid going when she goes to the shops despite there being five of us in the house and having to get a new bottle every couple of weeks, however we ran out yesterday and with only a couple of days remaining in this property she's gone and bought the biggest bottle of washing up liquid known to man. 

Honestly, she does my nut in. 

Got the loft rooms properly insulated. Was moaning at me earlier that the rooms don't feel any warmer.
I explained that the insulation helps to stop losing heat, it doesn't generate it so maybe try turning on the heating.
She's now walking around with a stupid smirk on her face as though I'm wrong and it's all been a waste of time and money apparently.
It staggers me sometimes that she has a degree and speaks multiple languages.

12 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I did exactly this, but have been in my house 3 years and just ran out of the first box of tablets I bought. Rarely ever use it.

Ours must be on at least 4 times over a Saturday/Sunday but wee @Rugster does cook everything from scratch at the weekend. He's good that way.