Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

On 23/09/2017 at 12:42, banana said:

Incessant tidying up at the weekend for hours on end when I'm trying to do f**k all.

Usually accompanied in my case by chat along the lines of "if I didn't tidy up this place would be a fucking mess". 

Yep

Getting ready for a wee week away and the daughter in laws mum is staying over rather than stick the dog in kennels, anyway gets handed a bag full of paperwork and she says "will you put that up the loft". wtf is it i ask ? ...."i dont want to leave out any important paperwork for her to look at" really !!! the same shitty bank statements etc that were in the LOCKED filling fuckin cabinet ( only 3 drawers) in the spare room ??? refused popped open a beer and declared my self officially on holliday. can already feel the seethe as its stomping about....

6 hours ago, bigdel6cans said:

Getting ready for a wee week away and the daughter in laws mum is staying over rather than stick the dog in kennels, anyway gets handed a bag full of paperwork and she says "will you put that up the loft". wtf is it i ask ? ...."i dont want to leave out any important paperwork for her to look at" really !!! the same shitty bank statements etc that were in the LOCKED filling fuckin cabinet ( only 3 drawers) in the spare room ??? refused popped open a beer and declared my self officially on holliday. can already feel the seethe as its stomping about....

Everyone should have a lockable filing cabinet in the bedroom.

Spent the first day of the holiday rushing about shouting at the kids for making her late. We had nothing planned and nothing to be late for but she had just decided that stuff needed done NOW. They very antithesis of a relaxing holiday imo.

Took her aside, bought her some wine, told her to ctfd ffs regarding this hassling c***s, or a firm boot in the pie would be forthcoming ASAP. The atmosphere has settled somewhat since this intervention. 

1-0

Right.  This definitely needs some explanation...

Apparently it scares them away. It doesn't. My missus did the same thing a couple years ago and what made her stupidity worse was she actually bought conkers online rather than go and collect them from the park that was 5 minutes away the complete fanny.

17 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Switched over to a programme which I have no idea what it is or what's going on and she says "who is he? Who is she? What's going on here?"

Every fucking time.

Similarly, I'll walk in the door and she's unpacking some appliance or something that needs building. "How do I do this?". "What am I mean to do with this?".

How am I meant to know? 

Similarly, I'll walk in the door and she's unpacking some appliance or something that needs building. "How do I do this?". "What am I mean to do with this?".
How am I meant to know? 

Which means you end having to do it.