Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

If she doesn't react well to that then you have the moral high ground. You were completely honest with her (ask her if she would prefer that you to lie and fake interest in her shite) and you apologized for taking the piss.

Mods, please.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

And was it ok?

Well it was very annoying, i told her that i would go to the shop and get her one and then she said just to forget about it and went for the sympathy vote. She says she only wants a glass of mine but I'm only consuming a small bottle of coke here and any reasonably sized glass is at least half of my bottle. 

"May we watch (insert shitty reality show)?

"Yes fine, as long as I get to watch the Ayrshire Derby"

Watch said shite reality show then put the football, only to be met with constant sighing "who's he?" "What one played for rangers" and "how much longer? Big Brother starts soon"

The boot was being prepared.

Watch said shite reality show then put the football, only to be met with constant sighing "who's he?" "What one played for rangers" and "how much longer? Big Brother starts soon"

You got to watch it though? Thought the Pars sounded great last night.

Guest bernardblack

Those shows creep into your sub-conscious even when you aren't paying attention.

Sitting there reading a book and I hear "mind if I watch the ex on the brother love island beach?"

"Yeah go on, I don't mind.......wait he's shagging her? I thought he was with the blonde one?"

That is valuable brain space being taken up.

Can't understand these guys (my father-in-law being the best example!) who sit and watch the shite their missus does. Have they only got the one tele?!

I'm generally in charge of the tele in my house but if she watches one of her pish reality shows I'll go up the stair and watch something else or take as a jackpot hit that I can play my computer for a while.

Those shows creep into your sub-conscious even when you aren't paying attention.

Sitting there reading a book and I hear "mind if I watch the ex on the brother love island beach?"

"Yeah go on, I don't mind.......wait he's shagging her? I thought he was with the blonde one?"

That is valuable brain space being taken up.

That's what happened with big brother last night with me.

Ended up more interested in that than the documentary I was watching on my phone.

Can't understand these guys (my father-in-law being the best example!) who sit and watch the shite their missus does. Have they only got the one tele?!

Anything for peace.

I sit and read* and have learned to either say mmmm, tsk or I agree at the right time. It's taken a while but I think I've mastered it.

* Unless tits are on, in which case it gets my full attention.

36 minutes ago, Kennboy1978 said:

Anything for peace.

I sit and read* and have learned to either say mmmm, tsk or I agree at the right time. It's taken a while but I think I've mastered it.

* Unless tits are on, in which case it gets my full attention.

She usually fast forwards through those bits...

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

Mines waits till im watching something then proceeds to watch every fucking video and snapchat going until i threaten to lob the remote at her, yet im the bad guy?

Mines waits till im watching something then proceeds to watch every fucking video and snapchat going until i threaten to lob the remote at her, yet im the bad guy?

Surely you get an apology from her over this? That's just basic manners.

Started watching season 4 of House of Cards last night. Midway during the first episode she hits pause and proceeds to talk for around 2 full minutes about a scene from Handmaiden's Tale. I'm not taking any of it in, I say nothing and don't engage just thinking what is she doing, she ends by saying "so it's totally opposite of this". Right, so you've stopped this to tell me about that book/show you know I have no interest in (I watched the first episode and told her it was shite, she's watched it all the way through twice). At various points through the next 3 episodes I get distracted wondering what the f**k she was playing at negatively impacting my enjoyment of Frank Underwood.

First time this has happened, next time boot, pie, etc. (probably).

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

Surely you get an apology from her over this? That's just basic manners.

Nope, cause im watching stuff shes noy interested in lol, i tried it while she was watching her crap but even my choice of videos etc couldn't drown out the absolute car crash telly she has on

15 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

the absolute car crash telly she has on

She gets to watch Eastenders, (or should I say listen as her face is buried in her phone) and that's fucking it, she has to watch River City on her day off, when I'm at work. The remote control is wasted on her