Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

15 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

Stop tripping your daughter up? It is funny though when children fall over so it'll tough to do but it would solve the issue

f**k that, it's too funny. 

Yesterday she ran face first straight into a wall because I'd moved the mattress that normally leans against it. Huge lump one her head but hysterical

Opening the post, and leaving it lying on the corner part of the sofa where i sit, then fucking off to do something else. When challenged on this, I always get "I was going to move it"

1 hour ago, JoseMarooniho said:

It's the sheer weight of the words. Research says women use 20,000 a day and blokes 7,000. She never misses that target and I'm sure I could get change out of 3,000.

This is a fair point. When I get home from work I've often spent a chunk of day in meetings having to talk to imbeciles. If I'm not in meetings I'm emailing imbeciles or having to talk to them on the phone. I have little desire to carry on this dynamic in the confines of my own home, so will exchange the minimum dialogue possible to maintain cordial relationships, and hope for quiet. She often works from home, however, and despite the fact that she'll often be on the phone to the office for a chunk of the day, a result of her isolation is that she has built up a burning desire to share inconsequential minutiae of the day with me. She gets annoyed when I make it clear that I'm not interested, or say "skip to the end", etc.

She has also cottoned on to the fact that whenever I say "yes, that's fine", or "sure we can do that", what I actually mean is that the path of least resistance for me is simply not having to have a conversation about anything. She could probably get me to agree to almost anything, purely on the basis that I can't be bothered debating the dubious merits of whatever her latest "fun thing for the weekend" is.

Edited by milton75

1 hour ago, milton75 said:

This is a fair point. When I get home from work I've often spent a chunk of day in meetings having to talk to imbeciles. If I'm not in meetings I'm emailing imbeciles or having to talk to them on the phone. I have little desire to carry on this dynamic in the confines of my own home, so will exchange the minimum dialogue possible to maintain cordial relationships, and hope for quiet. She often works from home, however, and despite the fact that she'll often be on the phone to the office for a chunk of the day, a result of her isolation is that she has built up a burning desire to share inconsequential minutiae of the day with me. She gets annoyed when I make it clear that I'm not interested, or say "skip to the end", etc.

She has also cottoned on to the fact that whenever I say "yes, that's fine", or "sure we can do that", what I actually mean is that the path of least resistance for me is simply not having to have a conversation about anything. She could probably get me to agree to almost anything, purely on the basis that I can't be bothered debating the dubious merits of whatever her latest "fun thing for the weekend" is.

That's a no-no, as I have discovered! :lol:

I'm not on FB so generally 'don't get it' but one thing that always baffles me is these folk who hit FB as soon as someone dies. To me it's attention seeking and all about that person, not the person who's died.

My papa (f**k the haters!) has been given weeks to live and I can guarantee within an hour of his death my cousin will be on social media hoovering up the sympathy and Likes. Even if I was on FB the last thing on my mind would be to broadcast the death of a loved one, I'll be shattered. It's the way things are written as well: "I'm going to miss you and hoped you know I loved you etc." Do these fuckwits think the dead have access to the internet?!

That's my brother. He's a FB martyr. Every minutae of his life is on FB - I'm just waiting for the FB "I'm having a shit" post.

I just nod and and agree - "Oh that's good/bad" - just need to pay attention if she's saying somebody's dying and I say it's good.

Guest bernardblack

This. Genuinely spend all day at work having to speak to people, email people, make small talk in the kitchen. When I get home the last thing I want to do is talk about the above!

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I just nod and and agree - "Oh that's good/bad" - just need to pay attention if she's saying somebody's dying and I say it's good.

no no no, before you know it you've agreed to a 2 week holiday villa trip away with the in laws and her sister and her family who are all snobby, arrogant wallopers, a convo with the missus is a like a sadistic game of "take your pick" one yes or no and you are fucked, seriously fucked

when finished work and the other half wants a convo that you cannot be arsed with, i usually start of with replies like "what do you mean", then "ah i get you now" or "still unsure what you mean" and if you can get away with it this ones a cracker "hold on till i get changed, can you pre heat the oven for me for dinner" (that means she doesnt follow you into the room to get changed), by time you get changed (drag the arse right out of it) and you need to go into the same room as her, start a conversation yourself about something completely harmless to you but has f**k all to do with family, friends etc, bring up the news from that day and let her waffle on about it,

works a charm everyday for me

6 hours ago, milton75 said:

A little bit of me dies when I hear, " long story short."

I know I'm in for a meandering tale where, eventually, the original ending is completely forgotten.

3 hours ago, bernardblack said:

This. Genuinely spend all day at work having to speak to people, email people, make small talk in the kitchen. When I get home the last thing I want to do is talk about the above!

55 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

A little bit of me dies when I hear, " long story short."

I know I'm in for a meandering tale where, eventually, the original ending is completely forgotten.

Everyman:

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

What is it with them and utterly pointless, round the houses stories like that. Her and her mum do it all the fucking time. Ironically though, she takes the piss out her mum for doing it, so they are both aware of it, but then are quite happy to sit and drivel shite about Jock fae roond the corner, naw thats no him thats Tam, Jock went wi Marys sister... Naw no that Mary.....

That's my wife to a tee! One of her daughters actually said to her one time when she was in full flow "Is there a point to this story?"

Edited by Jacksgranda
Sllepnig

no no no, before you know it you've agreed to a 2 week holiday villa trip away with the in laws and her sister and her family who are all snobby, arrogant wallopers, a convo with the missus is a like a sadistic game of "take your pick" one yes or no and you are fucked, seriously fucked

when finished work and the other half wants a convo that you cannot be arsed with, i usually start of with replies like "what do you mean", then "ah i get you now" or "still unsure what you mean" and if you can get away with it this ones a cracker "hold on till i get changed, can you pre heat the oven for me for dinner" (that means she doesnt follow you into the room to get changed), by time you get changed (drag the arse right out of it) and you need to go into the same room as her, start a conversation yourself about something completely harmless to you but has f**k all to do with family, friends etc, bring up the news from that day and let her waffle on about it,

works a charm everyday for me

No - doesn't work like that - I book all the holidays - it's just not possible to arrange what she is proposing!!

[emoji48][emoji48]

That's my wife to a tee! One of her daughters actually said to her one time when she was in full flow "Is there a point to this story?"

You have to find a way to lightly take the piss when a story gets boring. Not easy, and a delicate touch is definitely required.

But it's easy to genuinely apologise for taking the piss after the event. I usually go with 'sorry honey, I was trying to keep up with that story but...'

If she doesn't react well to that then you have the moral high ground. You were completely honest with her (ask her if she would prefer that you to lie and fake interest in her shite) and you apologised for taking the piss.

But sometimes we all need someone just to blather a bit of shite too. As a husband/bf you should be putting up with a wee bit of it - but drawing a clear line in the sand too.