Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

My wife constantly fills the Sky box with recordings of utter garbage and forgets to watch them. I carefully try to judge how long it'll take her to forget she even recorded them, then I delete them. She probably thinks it has unlimited storage as she keeps recording all this stuff and it never seems to get full.

On that subject, our Sky box is constantly in danger of running out of space.  This is a source of great consternation to my wife, but when I point out that the vast majority, and I mean 90% plus here, is all her shite, she'll desperately look through the planner looking for that one programme that I've taped in HD that is "taking up all the space".
I remotely set it to tape one of the Transformers films in HD the other day and you'd think she'd found the Holy Grail because that on it's own took up 3%.
edit:  It's been watched and deleted already, like you're fucking supposed to.
edit edit: See also, settling down to watch football or something only to be met with the "two shitey programmes are about to start taping" message.  f**k the f**k off.

I set Match Of The Day 2 to record every week as I like to watch it on a Monday or Tuesday morning once the kids have buggered off to nursery when I'm working from home. If I haven't watched it by midday on a Monday then I'll find it in the Deleted section, every single week.

When I pull her up on it I get the "oh I thought you had watched it"

Aye, that'll be why it says recorded and not viewed, eh? c**t. I should find a way to block all future recordings of Hollyoaks out of protest.

21 minutes ago, Ross. said:

It's a complicated game. She knows my residency is due for renewal shortly. I might have no option but to take her off the market. So many variables. Whatever the case, she has seriously upped her exercise regime this year to the extent that I think she is trying to close that half point margin. As far as I'm aware she doesn't know anyone working for the Einwohnkontrolle, but if I don't get a pass with flying colours I'm going to have to start questioning the last few years of my life.

Is that German for 'Cockwomble'?

1 minute ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Is that German for 'Cockwomble'?

The literal translation is resident control. I think they are pretty much just slightly less efficient versions of the Child Catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

And while we're on the TV related rants the fact that she will absolutely staunchly refuse to accept that there is any difference at all between standard definition and HD and constantly records programmes or downloads films for us to watch in standard definition!

46 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

edit edit: See also, settling down to watch football or something only to be met with the "two shitey programmes are about to start taping" message.  f**k the f**k off.

That annoys me too.

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

On that subject, our Sky box is constantly in danger of running out of space.  This is a source of great consternation to my wife, but when I point out that the vast majority, and I mean 90% plus here, is all her shite, she'll desperately look through the planner looking for that one programme that I've taped in HD that is "taking up all the space".

I remotely set it to tape one of the Transformers films in HD the other day and you'd think she'd found the Holy Grail because that on it's own took up 3%.

edit:  It's been watched and deleted already, like you're fucking supposed to.

Get Sky Q

Can record up to 6 programmes while watching a 7th.

Mind you! She'll still probably find 6 lots of sh*te to record simultaneously.

Since Adam moved out, my sky box never has less than 90% available space. It used to have a Christmas special of the awful Trollied on it that was around 2 years old, unwatched, thankfully now deleted. 

Record, watch, delete. It's not fucking difficult. 

Just now, Lisa Cuddy said:

Since Adam moved out, my sky box never has less than 90% available space. It used to have a Christmas special of the awful Trollied on it that was around 2 years old, unwatched, thankfully now deleted. 

Record, watch, delete. It's not fucking difficult. 

The telly will be a bit of company for you these days, eh?