East of Scotland Cup Final - Saturday 10th June

Falside Jag

Congratulations to Tranent and Bonnyrigg on reaching the East of Scotland Cup final at Creamery Park, Bathgate on Saturday 10th June. Can supporters please note that our Clubhouse will only be for players and officials. There are plenty of pubs up the street in Bathgate and only a ten minute walk from the ground.

Best wishes and good luck from Bathgate Thistle.

Sent from my D6503 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Dreghorn said:

Clearly a warm welcome from Bathgate to their Cubhouse!

Why not play the match at a ground with a social club to benefit the fans and one of our local junior clubs?

Dunbar United have just had juvenile cup finals played at their ground over the weekend just passed. It is a fantastic set up , plenty car parking and a bar that welcomes all. Having just won the South league, it would have been a great compliment for a cup final to have been played there and not as much travelling for the teams concerned. 

Can't understand why this is at Bathgate to be honest, 2 sets of clubs, fans etc having to trail along the M8 when it could've been held at locally. Surely Musselburgh, Nitten or Dunbar would have been better options.

2 minutes ago, Gimme said:

Can't understand why this is at Bathgate to be honest, 2 sets of clubs, fans etc having to trail along the M8 when it could've been held at locally. Surely Musselburgh, Nitten or Dunbar would have been better options.

Yes 1 of the venues suggested here would have been ideal and saved a bit of travelling especially any traffic on the M8 going to Glasgow. A 2.00pm kick of may also have helped getting home after the match.

Personally I would rather watch the East of Scotland final than the likely garbage being dished up at Hampden.

As an aside ma dad told me that in 1963 The Big Rose beat Tranent in the East of Scotland Final 3 1 in the replay after a 3 3 draw on the Saturday both games played at Easter Road.( be a long time before Easter road in graced with another junior match). After The Big Rose had lost in the semi final to Glenafton after 3 games.

C'mon the Rose

1 hour ago, bravehearts dad said:

As an aside ma dad told me that in 1963 The Big Rose beat Tranent in the East of Scotland Final 3 1 in the replay after a 3 3 draw on the Saturday both games played at Easter Road.( be a long time before Easter road in graced with another junior match). After The Big Rose had lost in the semi final to Glenafton after 3 games.

Was he drunk when he told you?

Whilst I agree that the final could have and should have been played further east bathgates ground and facilities are now first class testimony to the committee and groundsman at the Creamery .

Maybe the sponsors if there is any come fae that neck of the woods,aye it's a decent ground but as someone said could have easy found some ground closer tae home for both teams with a social club.

On 6/8/2017 at 01:18, Falside Jag said:

Congratulations to Tranent and Bonnyrigg on reaching the East of Scotland Cup final at Creamery Park, Bathgate on Saturday 10th June. Can supporters please note that our Clubhouse will only be for players and officials. There are plenty of pubs up the street in Bathgate and only a ten minute walk from the ground.

Best wishes and good luck from Bathgate Thistle.

Sent from my D6503 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

What's the Admission charges for this game

18 hours ago, Belter1 said:

Tranent are wanting an early kick off. There will be young kids on the bus not getting home till about 8pm. Not ideal. Hopefully common sense prevails

schools on a sunday in tranent noo.

suppose its better than wanting an early kick off to watch scotland lol.

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 12:51, Dreghorn said:

Clearly a warm welcome from Bathgate to their Cubhouse!

Why not play the match at a ground with a social club to benefit the fans and one of our local junior clubs?

Surely you don't need a social club to host a final? the host club will benefit from pie sales and raffle no doubt and the fans can head for the local pub.

Would have made more sense to play the final at Newtongrange or Musselburgh but Creamery Park is a fantastic surface for football and a good set-up.

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 19:29, wingnut said:

Maybe the sponsors if there is any come fae that neck of the woods,aye it's a decent ground but as someone said could have easy found some ground closer tae home for both teams with a social club.

you know where the big rose social club is.sure the buses would be made welcome.cannae say the same about you though :lol:

2 hours ago, lithgierose said:

you know where the big rose social club is.sure the buses would be made welcome.cannae say the same about you though :lol:

I could have stood ootside wae ma Buckfast,makes nae odds tae me,lol.

Archived