PETERHEAD - 17/18 Season

Thanks for the reply very interesting was that their highest finish in League 1 ??

We were also 3rd in 05/06 and lost in the play offs then although we had less points that time.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NewBlue said:

We were also 3rd in 05/06 and lost in the play offs then although we had less points that time.

Don't like the playoffs then by sounds. Looking to bounce straight back up next season ??

Don't like the playoffs then by sounds. Looking to bounce straight back up next season ??

Yeah I think so. We seem to be signing quality players but the squad is thin and the manager has something to prove after last season so we will see.

2 hours ago, NewBlue said:

2005/06 is probably the closest we've been to going up to the Championship. 10 seconds from promotion when Partick scored to level on aggregate and then won on penalties.

Contrasting fortunes since then as well.

Fleming is a great signing for you, he was our player of the year last year. Saves penalty kicks for fun. I was surprised at him signing as he stays in Annan and the reason he left us was because he worked and wouldn't manage to train more than twice a week. He might train with Annan during the week and meet up with Peterhead on the Saturdays. Just a thought.

1 minute ago, Buckfast said:

Fleming is a great signing for you, he was our player of the year last year. Saves penalty kicks for fun. I was surprised at him signing as he stays in Annan and the reason he left us was because he worked and wouldn't manage to train more than twice a week. He might train with Annan during the week and meet up with Peterhead on the Saturdays. Just a thought.

Willie Gibson is from that area and has also signed. I'd imagine they will carshare. 

Willie Gibson is from that area and has also signed. I'd imagine they will carshare. 

f**k that. I know they're both very good players but you can't be getting the best out of the 2 of them if they're training by themselves twice a week and doing all that travelling for home games.

46 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

f**k that. I know they're both very good players but you can't be getting the best out of the 2 of them if they're training by themselves twice a week and doing all that travelling for home games.

Could be wrong, but I'm sure they have a few central belt players who train in Glasgow.

Probably very very harsh based on his horror 45 mins against the wind on xmas eve v Dumbarton. Best keeper we have had in years IMO. Sad to see him go, cant imagine there are any better part time out there.

Bang average keeper, better than what you let go.  

Good at shot stopping, especially penalties.  

Bad at long range shots and balls across the box. 

28 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

Where's the Sean Dillon rumour from?

Released by Dundee United and has the pick of a number of clubs to choose from.

Be silly if he chose a higher league to play in against our million pound contract offer. :whistle

5 hours ago, blueone said:

Released by Dundee United and has the pick of a number of clubs to choose from.

Be silly if he chose a higher league to play in against our million pound contract offer. :whistle

5 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:

Is he not an injury ravaged wreck of a man now?

Bound to sign then

Archived