PETERHEAD - 17/18 Season

Strange how Peterhead went down... you'd think with the group of players they had last year they'd be comfortable.

Makes me wonder, do you think the training arrangements are anything to do with it? How does training work for guys down in the central belt? Imagine they'll do their own thing whilst the rest of the squad train in Aberdeen?

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Strange how Peterhead went down... you'd think with the group of players they had last year they'd be comfortable.

Makes me wonder, do you think the training arrangements are anything to do with it? How does training work for guys down in the central belt? Imagine they'll do their own thing whilst the rest of the squad train in Aberdeen?

I think training was a big part of it as we often looked a team of strangers. I believe the squad had a session in Forfar for everyone then the northern and southern players had their own separate session.

Jim has made big changes in the past and it has worked so I am not too worried for next season, but I won't be comfortable until we have a bit more of a squad together.

Steven Noble just signed for the Binos, how is he cant mind him much to be honest

Used to be good and was our captain for while but has been well off the pace for the last season and half after an injury and became a bit unpopular. A change might do him good as I am not sure he ever convinced in L1.

1 hour ago, BinosCammy said:

Steven Noble just signed for the Binos, how is he cant mind him much to be honest

He is brilliant, surprised he didn't get a call up for Scotland TBH. :lol:

Wait until he gets the ball onto his right foot, a right rocket.....they player not the shot! (He can't use his right foot at all). 

He was one of the favoured players during his spell and kept his place regardless of form.  I think we could probably get a better left back without difficulty.

2 hours ago, BinosCammy said:

Probably a season & a half overdue for moving on, certainly a trier but still think that was the weakest part of our defence for some time, always keen to get up the park but eventually was not getting back which left other defenders having to cover & led to big gaps & plenty goals conceded. Totally one footed but he appeared to be a good pro & having to prove himself again may be what he needs.

I was trying to work out if the Blue Toon had ever visited Edinburgh before in a competitive match... 

Hearts don't seem to have played Peterhead before. I'm not sure about the Hibees and going back in history there's St Bernard's and Leith Athletic... 

Any ideas guys? (can't be arsed doing the research!!)

I was trying to work out if the Blue Toon had ever visited Edinburgh before in a competitive match... 
Hearts don't seem to have played Peterhead before. I'm not sure about the Hibees and going back in history there's St Bernard's and Leith Athletic... 
Any ideas guys? (can't be arsed doing the research!!)

Hibs beat Peterhead 4-0 in 2006. I had a nosey after you said because I'm a total geek and was intrigued. Just punt it in Google and plenty of sites with the stats. Never played the jambos.

11 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Hibs beat Peterhead 4-0 in 2006. I had a nosey after you said because I'm a total geek and was intrigued. Just punt it in Google and plenty of sites with the stats. Never played the jambos.

Here's the thread from that game on the Peterhead fan forum - http://www.singwhenwerefishing.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1584

Also we have played Hearts before albeit not in a competitive game. We played them in a pre season friendly in 1989 at the old Recreation Park when we were still in the Highland League.       Link here - http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/198908021.html

2 hours ago, NewBlue said:

I know we don't have a team yet but has there been any word on season tickets? I am a glutton for punishment so I am thinking about renewing.

No news on the club website. What's the chances of the cost coming down along with the team?

No news on the club website.

No surprise. 3 weeks until our first game (albeit a friendly) and nothing about a sponsor, the new kit, season tickets or the squad. You really wonder about the way the club is run at the moment.

The Buchanie was saying they go on sale on the 3rd July I think.

Cheers. Would be good to see something online. I know they put stuff in the newspapers but I (and probably most young people) don't read them. Might help engage with younger fans having a better online presence.

Russell McLean signed (verbally) from East Kilbride with another possible three this week.
http://www.peterheadfc.com/news/item/1829-striker-set-to-officially-sign-as-boss-homes-in-on-targets
Also says we haven't had any knockbacks but I would say Yule knocked us back so go figure.

We gave Yule a 2 year deal (which we seem to be doing all the time now for our long term/better/promising players) so maybe that swung it. Definitely a good few clubs in for him anyway.

Archived