Ayr v Kilmarnock

Still not got up to Ayr and I have been waiting for the league cup draw and games to see if I can knock it off then. Sunderland also have a friendly apparently on either the Saturday or the Sunday up in Scotland against opponents yet to be disclosed, so now thinking of a double header, taking the Friday off and heading to the derby. Question is, will we get tickets or because of it being a derby will they a) sell out or b) be restricted to people with a purchase history or c) turn up and pay on the door as game will not be close to a sell out?

A visit to Ayr would just leave me with Brechin City to complete the 42.

Still not got up to Ayr and I have been waiting for the league cup draw and games to see if I can knock it off then. Sunderland also have a friendly apparently on either the Saturday or the Sunday up in Scotland against opponents yet to be disclosed, so now thinking of a double header, taking the Friday off and heading to the derby. Question is, will we get tickets or because of it being a derby will they a) sell out or b) be restricted to people with a purchase history or c) turn up and pay on the door as game will not be close to a sell out?

It'll be all ticket, but you would get a ticket alright for the home end!

15 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

It'll be all ticket, but you would get a ticket alright for the home end!

Cheers for that. I assume we could just ring the club up and book them over the phone for collection on the night?

We will wait to see who, where and when this proposed Sunderland match is.

As it stands at the moment it will either be one of the Euro sides who are not in the league cup, i.e. Celtic, Rangers, St Johnstone or Aberdeen. It could also be against one of the league cup teams who sit out that first weekend which would be Forfar, Hearts, Dundee, Arbroath, Dumbarton, Edinburgh City, Albion Rovers and Airdrieonians. There are also rumours that we will be playing Celtic at home on the 29th of July to celebrate 20 years at the Stadium of light and that would rule them out.

Our chief exec has long term links at Rangers, so I am thinking that is highly likely but they may have a European match on the Thursday night which could be anywhere and may not want a Saturday home friendly and the same applies to St Johnstone and Aberdeen.

Excellent choice fella. The attendance will undoubtedly be affected by the decision to show it live on BT but I'd be keen to hear your thoughts on the intensity & atmosphere of a game that we all hate to lose.

On 06 June 2017 at 22:29, Roker Rover said:

Ayr v Killie from the Somerset Road End will be as close to recreating Roker's Fulwell End as you'll get up here, if you can make one match in Ayr this season, make it this one.

31 minutes ago, Killie Alan said:

Does anyone know when tickets are going on sale!!!!

Ayr are waiting to here back from Killie now. We have requested it to be cheap tickets however it doesn't look like your lot are wanting to play ball.

Are Sunderland not supposed to be playing Hibs as the opponents for Lewis Stevenson testimonial?

It was posted on the Hibs thread in the Premiership forum last week.

Are Sunderland not supposed to be playing Hibs as the opponents for Lewis Stevenson testimonial?

They're also up playing Livingston and one other team as well. I'm guessing it's the third team that he's unsure who Sunderland are playing as neither the Hibs game nor the Livi game are on the weekend he's talking about.

They're also up playing Livingston and one other team as well. I'm guessing it's the third team that he's unsure who Sunderland are playing as neither the Hibs game nor the Livi game are on the weekend he's talking about.

They're playing St Johnstone on the Saturday.

8 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Ayr are waiting to here back from Killie now. We have requested it to be cheap tickets however it doesn't look like your lot are wanting to play ball.

That's typically of us cheers mate

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2017 at 07:11, C4mmy31 said:

Yeah we are, but that's on Sunday 9th of July and I am in Snowdonia that weekend climbing Snowdon. We are also playing Livingston that midweek and then the St Johnstone match on the Saturday after your derby match. 

3 of us are confirmed as coming up now and it might be 4 if my eldest daughter can get a shift changed. Looking forward to it and just hope we can get tickets. We will be wearing our red and white stripes as we always do at Scottish games (as it gets people talking to us) so feel free to come and say hello if you spot us. We will also be supporting Ayr on the night.

• 2 weeks later...

This visit is confirmed now. Three of us got Friday off and heading up to Ayr then going to St Johnstone v Sunderland on the Saturday. Tickets secured via your very helpful ticket office and just need to collect on the day. Really looking forward to this one and having done Brechin v Spartans last Saturday, this will be my last of the 42 Scottish League grounds.

This visit is confirmed now. Three of us got Friday off and heading up to Ayr then going to St Johnstone v Sunderland on the Saturday. Tickets secured via your very helpful ticket office and just need to collect on the day. Really looking forward to this one and having done Brechin v Spartans last Saturday, this will be my last of the 42 Scottish League grounds.

Good to hear

You won't regret it

On 06/07/2017 at 13:28, Roker Rover said:

If you've got another 3000 pals bring them as well ,plenty of tickets for the home end.

Archived