What you will pay - a guide for away fans

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Surely the pitch has nothing to do with the facilities available to fans? If you'd argued that toilet/catering facilities were better, or if you got a better view of the pitch, then maybe your point would be valid. In the end it just sounds like your team have struggled to adapt to the different conditions when going to Dumbarton and you're very bitter about it.

I don't care what the pitch is like, in all honesty. Just want to follow my team. So it would make no difference if it was grass/3G/mud. A scrappy game in difficult conditions can be entertaining. Sometimes bobbles and balls getting stuck in the mud add to the excitement. A 3G pitch or a lovely flat pitch, doesn't guarantee a better quality of entertainment. At the end of the day, it's surely the entertainment that we're paying for?

Why would I be bitter about a game we won. However, the football on show wasn't great and the pitch was as much a factor in this as anything else. Surely it isnt too much to ask that at this level we have decent flat surfaces to play on.  

I realise your not long out the seaside leagues where bobbles and balls sticking in the mud may add to the excitement but this is the championship for christs sake. Give me a decent surface any day of the week.

I am stunned to see the Falkirk fans behaving like little bitches.

That's completely out of character.

I just don't go to Dumbarton when we're through there tbh. Of the 9 away games in the league it's the least appealing so I spend my money elsewhere.

2 hours ago, ftk said:

Clubs should come together and all charge the same price.

Home/away league games
£20 adult
£10 concessions
£5 under 16s

Season tickets home
£320 adult
£160 concessions
£80 under 16s

Whole Season ticket (home and away games)

£640 adults
£320 concessions
£160 under 16s

Season tickets would give fans 2 free games and whole season tickets (4 free games) would help increase away fans and improve atmosphere. Keep pricing simple and fair. Maybe even freeze the prices for 5 years and try and grow the league and it's fan base.

what.png

Season tickets at Cappielow are £280 and there's no good reason to hike up the prices. Queen of the South's pricing structure has been the most impressive and fair in the division in recent seasons; its just a shame that the likes of Dumbarton have joined Falkirk and Inverness in taking the piss. 

6 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I just don't go to Dumbarton when we're through there tbh. Of the 9 away games in the league it's the least appealing so I spend my money elsewhere.

If we charged the same prices, but had a 4,000 capacity stadium, on the edge of town, surrounded by a hotel, retail park, offices and houses, and it was built on a floodplain beside a sewage works and a railway line, would you reconsider?

Asking for a mate.

what.png
Season tickets at Cappielow are £280 and there's no good reason to hike up the prices. Queen of the South's pricing structure has been the most impressive and fair in the division in recent seasons; its just a shame that the likes of Dumbarton have joined Falkirk and Inverness in taking the piss. 

Whatever the prices are they should be the same at every club. You can argue facilities are different at each club but the reality is the fans are going to support their team. Falkirk have the right idea by charging a few extra pounds for adults but letting kids in for free.

Surely the pitch has nothing to do with the facilities available to fans? If you'd argued that toilet/catering facilities were better, or if you got a better view of the pitch, then maybe your point would be valid. In the end it just sounds like your team have struggled to adapt to the different conditions when going to Dumbarton and you're very bitter about it.

I don't care what the pitch is like, in all honesty. Just want to follow my team. So it would make no difference if it was grass/3G/mud. A scrappy game in difficult conditions can be entertaining. Sometimes bobbles and balls getting stuck in the mud add to the excitement. A 3G pitch or a lovely flat pitch, doesn't guarantee a better quality of entertainment. At the end of the day, it's surely the entertainment that we're paying for?

^^^Shadwell Dog, utterly schooled here.

I'd like to see a maximum charge of say £15 for away fans at every ground. They introduced a maximum charge  last year to the english premiership and you cant really argue at seeing the likes of Everton v Chelsea for £30. Far better atmosphere at games when theres  a decent away support so we should be encouraging more away fans and not putting them. 

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'd like to see a maximum charge of say £15 for away fans at every ground. They introduced a maximum charge  last year to the english premiership and you cant really argue at seeing the likes of Everton v Chelsea for £30. Far better atmosphere at games when theres  a decent away support so we should be encouraging more away fans and not putting them. 

Then you'd surely just get home walkups in the away end...unless it's somewhere like Brechin where there isn't any segregation, in which case it because impossible to police. 

I agree with the principle of a maximum charge though. It should be no more than £18 in this league.

I don't have an issue with that. Everyone does that, I'd presume. If we're the least appealing away day to you then fair enough. But for someone (and I know it wasn't you) to claim that the flatness of the pitch affects whether they feel the entry fee is value is just laughable.

If we charged the same prices, but had a 4,000 capacity stadium, on the edge of town, surrounded by a hotel, retail park, offices and houses, and it was built on a floodplain beside a sewage works and a railway line, would you reconsider?
Asking for a mate.

Are you living in hope that this might be the first fan's thoughts that are actually taken on board by our glorious leaders?

Now there's a sensible point. A maximum charge for fans (and less than it is generally just now) is a solid idea.

And the big wigs that run our game seem perplexed at why fan numbers at Scottish games are so low and fan enjoyment is so poor.

10 minutes ago, ftk said:

Whatever the prices are they should be the same at every club. You can argue facilities are different at each club but the reality is the fans are going to support their team. Falkirk have the right idea by charging a few extra pounds for adults but letting kids in for free.

They really don't, given that they think that charging £20 for an adult is acceptable for second-tier Scottish football. Why should every other adult effectively subsidise the right of families to take their sprogs along for absolutely nothing? If they took them to the cinema or any other form of 'entertainment' on a Saturday afternoon, they'd be paying for child tickets alongside their own.  

The maximum adult price in this division really should be capped at £18 or so and even that figure is pushing it for the standard on offer. But while Scottish clubs have one hand tied behind their back on the issue of selling alcohol at matches, gate receipts are going to be under obvious pressure.  

They really don't, given that they think that charging £20 for an adult is acceptable for second-tier Scottish football. Why should every other adult effectively subsidise the right of families to take their sprogs along for absolutely nothing? If they took them to the cinema or any other form of 'entertainment' on a Saturday afternoon, they'd be paying for child tickets alongside their own.  
The maximum adult price in this division really should be capped at £18 or so and even that figure is pushing it for the standard on offer. But while Scottish clubs have one hand tied behind their back on the issue of selling alcohol at matches, gate receipts are going to be under obvious pressure.  

18 pounds or 20 pounds? Is 2 pounds really going to matter that much to an adult? Get as many kids along to football at a young age and they will support that team forever. Letting kids in for free is a long term investment in the club.

Asking for a mate.

What's the hotel like for drinking and how many rows would your stadium have?

9 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Then you'd surely just get home walkups in the away end...unless it's somewhere like Brechin where there isn't any segregation, in which case it because impossible to police. 

I agree with the principle of a maximum charge though. It should be no more than £18 in this league.

I really wouldn't have any interest being in the away end at TFS to be honest. The majority of fans want to be in with their own support surely. 

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

What's the hotel like for drinking and how many rows would your stadium have?

Absolutely ideal (if slightly overpriced for the area), and loads.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

I really wouldn't have any interest being in the away end at TFS to be honest. The majority of fans want to be in with their own support surely. 

If it saved me (say) a fiver on entry, I'd happily sit with opposition fans to be honest. 

14 minutes ago, ftk said:

18 pounds or 20 pounds? Is 2 pounds really going to matter that much to an adult?

How many children pay their own admission fee when going to the football or cinema with their parents? Oh that's right, that never happens; the cost is borne by the parent. So if you charge £18 for an adult and £5 for a child, then one adult is admitted to the game for £18, while an adult taking along their sprog pays £23 for admitting two people. Is £3 really going to matter that much to an adult parent? 

A system that actually raises money on the basis of the number of spectators  at the game rather than subsidising free entry for some of them, and so is fairer for all. 

Get as many kids along to football at a young age and they will support that team forever.Letting kids in for free is a long term investment in the club.

I couldn't give a toss how many kids grow up to watch Falkirk. Even if I did, there's still no compelling reason why they couldn't go along and have an already massively reduced child ticket price paid for by their parents. In the above example, the additional cost is £3. That is a subsidy that the vast majority of the spectators are paying for through inflated admission prices. 

Archived