What you will pay - a guide for away fans

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easily the worst value in the league. No doubt their support will be along soon to defend that stinking bowling club shortly.

Perhaps you would be good enough to explain why £20 to watch Dumbarton v Falkirk at the Rock is poorer value than £20 to watch Falkirk v Dumbarton at Falkirk

Perhaps you would be good enough to explain why £20 to watch Dumbarton v Falkirk at the Rock is poorer value than £20 to watch Falkirk v Dumbarton at Falkirk

It'll be because they're a bigger club with a bigger stadium and of course an absolutely massive support, no doubt.

That said, £20 for football at this level genuinely is ridiculous no matter which venue it's been viewed at.

9 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Going by the state of your pitch at the end of last season is it not obvious?

Has it actually been confirmed that our prices will be £20 next season? I Can't see it anywhere on our website.

Clubs should come together and all charge the same price.

Home/away league games
£20 adult
£10 concessions
£5 under 16s

Season tickets home
£320 adult
£160 concessions
£80 under 16s

Whole Season ticket (home and away games)

£640 adults
£320 concessions
£160 under 16s

Season tickets would give fans 2 free games and whole season tickets (4 free games) would help increase away fans and improve atmosphere. Keep pricing simple and fair. Maybe even freeze the prices for 5 years and try and grow the league and it's fan base.

Our season ticket post-early bird is £270. Don't give our board ideas to try and get it beyond £300!

Going by the state of your pitch at the end of last season is it not obvious?
Has it actually been confirmed that our prices will be £20 next season? I Can't see it anywhere on our website.

Going by the price of you car parking no.

21 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Your pitch isn't even flat for Christ's sake. Your basically asking people to pay 20 quid to watch their team play on a surface more akin to your local public park.

Never once have I thought to myself "I won't pay the entrance fee today because the oppositions pitch is poor". You are a bizarre wee man.

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Never once have I thought to myself "I won't pay the entrance fee today because the oppositions pitch is poor". You are a bizarre wee man.

I never said I wouldn't pay it but the question asked was why £20 was okay for TFS and not okay for the Rock.  Surely facilities come into it and that includes being able to provide a decent surface.

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Easily the worst value in the league. No doubt their support will be along soon to defend that stinking bowling club shortly.

Bowling is a few miles further east. Can't comment on the smell.

18 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I never said I wouldn't pay it but the question asked was why £20 was okay for TFS and not okay for the Rock.  Surely facilities come into it and that includes being able to provide a decent surface.

A decent surface for the fans to look at? 

football is overpriced in this country, the major problem being players wages are to high for the size of he clubs and put the cost to get in up. as Falkirk will probably stroll the league our games v Dumbarton away will be all ticket therefore meaning it'll be £2 dearer to watch us away compared to at home! throw in the fact that £20 to watch at TFS is subsidising free entry to youngsters therefore encouraging the next generation to attend games, then Dumbarton are obviously overcharging compared to us

example, Falkirk fan and child going to game v Dumbarton at TFS £20 child in for free

same fan and child at Dumbarton away £22 plus £5 therefore total £27, absolutely ridiculous price to get into your stadium with its non flat pitch :P

Surely the pitch has nothing to do with the facilities available to fans? If you'd argued that toilet/catering facilities were better, or if you got a better view of the pitch, then maybe your point would be valid. In the end it just sounds like your team have struggled to adapt to the different conditions when going to Dumbarton and you're very bitter about it.

I don't care what the pitch is like, in all honesty. Just want to follow my team. So it would make no difference if it was grass/3G/mud. A scrappy game in difficult conditions can be entertaining. Sometimes bobbles and balls getting stuck in the mud add to the excitement. A 3G pitch or a lovely flat pitch, doesn't guarantee a better quality of entertainment. At the end of the day, it's surely the entertainment that we're paying for?

Archived