What you will pay - a guide for away fans

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Dundee Utd and ICT got an answer yet?

According to both Dundee United's and ICT's websites, they're charging £20 for adults, £15 for concessions (16-25 and 65+) and £10 for under 16s. Poor pricing for the Championship. Even Dundee are only charging £12 for concessions for their Betfred cup games, no idea if that'll change for their league games though.

1 hour ago, smpar said:

According to both Dundee United's and ICT's websites, they're charging £20 for adults, £15 for concessions (16-25 and 65+) and £10 for under 16s. Poor pricing for the Championship. Even Dundee are only charging £12 for concessions for their Betfred cup games, no idea if that'll change for their league games though.

It's the concession prices that are putting me off. I said last season that my personal upper limit was £20 (which is still far too much for second tier football) but expecting my old man to pay £15?  £35 for the two of us before you include petrol, food etc is too much for a day out in afraid. 

5 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

It's the concession prices that are putting me off. I said last season that my personal upper limit was £20 (which is still far too much for second tier football) but expecting my old man to pay £15?  £35 for the two of us before you include petrol, food etc is too much for a day out in afraid. 

Plenty of Junior clubs would be very happy to see you and your dad. Give it a try.

1 hour ago, smpar said:

A season ticket at Inverness is just under £300, or £342 for the Main Stand. Ridiculous.

£270 for a ST at Dumbarton. £20/£12 walk up. Any match that is designated all-ticket will be £22/£14 for a ticket too.

Every few days there has been a post up on some sort of social platform telling fans they can still get season tickets, which leads me to believe that they aren't selling very well. Who'd have thought it, eh?

19 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Plenty of Junior clubs would be very happy to see you and your dad. Give it a try.

Even if it's costing - in second tier Scottish football terms - a fortune, people will always want to watch their team whenever possible. I know fine well I'd have a decent day at Kelty Hearts every other Saturday but if Dunfermline are playing on the same day and I'm able to go, I'm not interested in Kelty Hearts. What's upsetting is that professional clubs know this to be true and will continue to overcharge until they're forced to make it cheaper.

53 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

28 minutes ago, smpar said:

Even if it's costing - in second tier Scottish football terms - a fortune, people will always want to watch their team whenever possible. I know fine well I'd have a decent day at Kelty Hearts every other Saturday but if Dunfermline are playing on the same day and I'm able to go, I'm not interested in Kelty Hearts. What's upsetting is that professional clubs know this to be true and will continue to overcharge until they're forced to make it cheaper.

It's true. I have been to Kelty a few times (although they're no longer Junior of course) and no doubt I'll go back but it tends to be when the Pars don't have a game. Where I disagree somewhat with @smpar is that I'll happily go to all the Pars home games and while in the past I'd need a big reason not to attend an away game, now I don't need much of an excuse. If the missus needs to go shopping? In the past I'd drop her at the shops an route to the game. Now I'm just as likely to go somewhere else and go round the shops with her (well, sit in Costa Coffee keeping an eye on the scores). Family events or friends having barbecues would be totally ignored in the past but if it clashes with an away game I'm as likely to go as not now. I know I'm not alone - plenty of people I see in the shopping centres and at friends' houses also used to go to games as often as I did. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/07/2017 at 13:14, smpar said:

A season ticket at Inverness is just under £300, or £342 for the Main Stand. Ridiculous.

They were even higher a few weeks back as the club totally misjudged the mood of the fans and expected them to pay the same money for a ST in a lower league, with less games and fewer 'attractive' fixtures. In the first week we allegedly sold 12 season tickets before the club reduced prices and offered some other bits and pieces to placate the fans.

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Falkirk waiting on confirmation of prices from Livi for Saturday. Very strange is it not?

Got it down here as £18. 

Any Livi fans advise?

Should be £18.

I think it's £20 when we play ICT and Dundee Utd, £18 for everyone else.

Archived