What you will pay - a guide for away fans

perhaps what he meant to say is why with a population of 45,000 in Greenock (with hardly any other clubs in the area) compared with 32,000 in Falkirk (surrounded by local clubs and with hibs and hearts pulling support away as well as the old firm) why have Morton got such a poor support? maybe they should let kids in for free, it could work wonders for your support?

Morton could charge a ridiculous amount for adults of say £2 extra per adult, thus charging the same as somewhere between 30 and 50% of the league, probably 50% once st mirren and Dundee u announce their prices, instead of charging £5 for kids.

got to go, the early shift at work buys the rag of a paper that is the sun, I must go and cut out the voucher for 2 free wristbands to m&ds theme park, strange that a leisure and entertainment company would give out free tickets in the hope it'll encourage people to come back again as virginton says this doesn't happen :P

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 06/06/2017 at 20:46, Gaz FFC said:

Seems most clubs have announced prices for season 2017/18 so what are you charging away fans?

Falkirk seem to be £20 for the away end and I hear ICT want £21 and QOS kept their applaudable £16.

What does your club want and I will make a list?

Inverness - £21 - £16 - £10 U16

Falkirk - £20 - £0 U12

Dumbarton £20 - £12

Dunfermline - £18 - £12 - £5 U12

Livingston - £18 - £12 - £5 U16

QOS - £16

Brechin - £15 - £8

--------------------------------------

St Mirren - ???

Dundee Utd - ???

Morton - ???

Where are you getting your ticket prices for Inverness from?

If what you have is correct then away fans will be charged £16 not £21 as you say as the highest price tickets are for the Main Stand while the North and South Stands have always been cheaper.

8 minutes ago, CityDave said:

If what you have is correct then away fans will be charged £16 not £21 as you say as the highest price tickets are for the Main Stand while the North and South Stands have always been cheaper.

An Inverness fan said they are charging £21.

I will happily edit if it's wrong it wasn't a shot at the good people of Inverness.

ETA if you look at the Caley thread folk are chatting about £21 tickets at Inverness.

Don't see a single mention of £16.

7 minutes ago, CityDave said:

Away fans will charged the same prices as ICT fans in the North Stand which has typically been about £20 - £21 for adults. These prices are from a couple of years ago and have barely changed. It's not been £16 for an adult to go to an ICT game for years.

http://ictfc.com/info/matches/tickets/ticket-prices?id=1610

11 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

perhaps what he meant to say is why with a population of 45,000 in Greenock (with hardly any other clubs in the area) compared with 32,000 in Falkirk (surrounded by local clubs and with hibs and hearts pulling support away as well as the old firm) why have Morton got such a poor support? maybe they should let kids in for free, it could work wonders for your support?

Morton could charge a ridiculous amount for adults of say £2 extra per adult, thus charging the same as somewhere between 30 and 50% of the league, probably 50% once st mirren and Dundee u announce their prices, instead of charging £5 for kids.

got to go, the early shift at work buys the rag of a paper that is the sun, I must go and cut out the voucher for 2 free wristbands to m&ds theme park, strange that a leisure and entertainment company would give out free tickets in the hope it'll encourage people to come back again as virginton says this doesn't happen :P

Used to do the 2 free Alton tower tickets every year until I was put off by folk getting killed and injured.

Would probably have went 1 in 5 years if I had to pay the £45pp admission.

2 minutes ago, RiG said:

Away fans will charged the same prices as ICT fans in the North Stand which has typically been about £20 - £21 for adults. These prices are from a couple of years ago and have barely changed. It's not been £16 for an adult to go to an ICT game for years.

Can someone please just clarify what ICT will charge visiting fans please? This is getting ridiculous 

27 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Point taken that they are generally around 2500 and have been for many years.

That's not my point; Morton attendances are on the whole increasing, not decreasing as you claimed. 

I note your point re the Sevco effect but Falkirk attendances last season increased despite their lack of presence and are currently around twice Morton's.

Don't think your evidence suggests that Morton's approach to charging is helping matters though whilst the Bairns approach has some unsubstantiated evidence that it's having a positive effect on crowds.

Except that your original claim wasn't that free entry would increase crowds immediately - the idea is supposedly to ensure that people return over the long-term. There's no evidence to show that Falkirk's methods are any more successful at doing so than any other club in Scottish football. And there's still no good reason why the rest of the paying spectators should subsidise this project by paying some of the highest walk-up prices in the division. 

15 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

- I'm perfectly content with our current strategy, that has led to an organic growth in attendances.

- The idea that Greenock is somehow isolated from the pull of clubs, given that Glasgow is 25 miles away is complete and utter nonsense. 

- Nobody cares about the size of Falkirk's crowds and this wasn't your original justification for the policy either. Perhaps you should let everyone in for free if that's what is important to you. It still wouldn't be a credible pricing strategy though. 

7 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

An Inverness fan said they are charging £21.

I will happily edit if it's wrong it wasn't a shot at the good people of Inverness.

ETA if you look at the Caley thread folk are chatting about £21 tickets at Inverness.

Don't see a single mention of £16.

No I don't think you are having a shot. I haven't seen anything up about next season's ticket prices on any site yet so that chat is nothing but chat. Nothing until its confirmed by the club.

You put £16 up after the £21 in your opening post, where did you get that if there is just rumours about £21 being the ticket price?

1 minute ago, CityDave said:

No I don't think you are having a shot. I haven't seen anything up about next season's ticket prices on any site yet so that chat is nothing but chat. Nothing until its confirmed by the club.

You put £16 up after the £21 in your opening post, where did you get that if there is just rumours about £21 being the ticket price?

I'm gonnae put ICT back into the ??? Category.

Think it's best until Inverness confirm

25 minutes ago, RiG said:

I'm aware both sets of fans in the North and South stands are charged the same I mention this in my post, its not clear whether the Gaz is claiming that the prices are the same in every stand which will be unusual as fans are charged more for sitting in the Main Stand and always have been. Therefore I was asking whether the £21 was for the Main Stand and the £16 he put as the next tariff was for the other two stands.

It was £16 back in the days before the two other stands were built, I remember also being charged £14 back in the 90's. However last time we were down the club was charging less than £16 for Challenge Cup games and early League Cup games

All Gaz wants to know is (roughly) how much away fans will be charged at TCS. The prices I've linked are what away fans were charged two season ago and they've barely changed since then. Whilst there is no official confirmation of prices for this season given our season tickets are the same prices it makes sense to surmise that walk up prices will be the same i.e. about £21 for an adult, £16 for a concession and £10 for U16. That's a much better guide than what we might have paid 12 years ago or back in the 90s.

On 6/8/2017 at 01:56, Gaz FFC said:

Or like me yer happy to put yer cash behind the club and no be a pissy wee girl about someone getting better value.

We regularly sell STs after the early bird has finished from like minded people who just want to put cash into the club.

ETA I've already seen plentry posts from fans of various clubs who work a lot of Saturdays but buy a ST anyway.

We aren't all looking for value some of us actually care about the club.

Once it's you paying for your ST and not your Dad and you've got a family to think about I suspect you'll change your tune.

If it comes down to having money to go and see the pars or taking the mrs (and kids for some) out dunfermline can sling their hook, if football is so high on your priority list that it takes precedent over anything actually important in life I would suggest that you are a deeply unsatisfied person.

If I have the time and money spare then I will gladly go away up to Inverness on a tuesday night in the pishing rain to watch Dunfermline play, but I will not cut back on other areas of my life to facilitate that.

If a Dunfermline ST was something reasonable like £150 I'd definitely get one, even if it was £200 I might consider it, but as it stands it is an illogical and frivolous waste of both time and money. I know for a fact that there are a hell of a lot more across the country that feel the exact same way.

Even when I did have time to go every weekend there would still be the odd 2 or 3 games that you couldn't make it to for whatever reason, as it stands, missing three games and paying at the gate is cheaper than buying a ST, that is daft. 

What's this thread all
About then - how much am I willing to pay for away matches? Gotta say very little, a lot of poor grounds in this league, average/poor standard of football very defensive and physical minded teams not willing to play some football. Would pay for Livi all day long as they're a good footballing team but reckon most of yous are shite. Poor infrastructure and roads in disrepair round your way. Anything above 16 quid n you ain't getting the best bang for your buck

With Alloa and Ayr gone so goes any away terracing. 

All grounds away ends are seated with St Mirren, QOS, Livi and Dumbarton putting fans at the side and Falkirk, Utd, Morton, Brechin, Inverness and Dunfermline having away fans behind the goal.

Seems mental that there can be such a difference in prices when the only difference seems to be view.

On 7 June 2017 at 10:07, Shadwell Dog said:

I never said I wouldn't pay it but the question asked was why £20 was okay for TFS and not okay for the Rock.  Surely facilities come into it and that includes being able to provide a decent surface.

Aye because your plastic seat is very different to our plastic seat. Your closer to the game at the Rock. From a fans point of view it doesn't matter about the park.

On 7 June 2017 at 12:11, Marr1 said:

I think the argument to be made against Dumbarton's pricing should be the fact you're paying £20 to watch a part-time team - which is a joke, added to the fact that they play in a ground that is more suited to non-league football. I know they're planning a new ground.

It's a joke that at Tannadice the away fans kids pay double the home end for pretty much the same view behind the goal.

Archived