rednblack

All Things Kirky Rob Roy - Season 17/18 ⚽

132 posts in this topic

What type of player he is from supporters who have seen him week in week out, from players he's played alongside and one manager. You opinion is different no big deal.

You at Cumbernauld next season then?

No why would I be at Cumbernauld?

On 19/06/2017 at 10:38, king Henrik7 said:

Gary Carroll very much like sawyers. Can't see they 2 been in same team. Need to be either 1 and watt

Id have to completely disagree on that assumption, with no disrespect Sawyers is more of a target man, hes not exactly going to make runs from deep run channel's etc he gets in the box and scores lots of goals, Carroll will run channels, I personally see him more as a midfielder, attacking midfielder great vision great football brain and can finish, personally I think the two plus Watt could play together but whatever two play IMO it will be Sawyers and an other.

5 minutes ago, Nugent4nil said:

Id have to completely disagree on that assumption, with no disrespect Sawyers is more of a target man, hes not exactly going to make runs from deep run channel's etc he gets in the box and scores lots of goals, Carroll will run channels, I personally see him more as a midfielder, attacking midfielder great vision great football brain and can finish, personally I think the two plus Watt could play together but whatever two play IMO it will be Sawyers and an other.

Robert, you talk a bag of w**k! Carroll is never an attacking midfielder. He is a front man,  end off.

Get back to trimming your beard.

Gary will never run channels unless he's changed over past 3 month. He's at his best with back to goal n was for Cumbernauld and Arthurlie.

11 minutes ago, Ihp said:

Robert, you talk a bag of w**k! Carroll is never an attacking midfielder. He is a front man,  end off.

Get back to trimming your beard.

All entitled to our own............. seemingly not. Played attacking mid for Alloa, Suachie and Bo'ness, did for Arthurlie on a few occasions pushed further forward more often granted, an old fashioned number 10 in my obviously wrong opinion.

Pre Season Update

Info as of June 23rd 2017 ( educated guess couple of CB to come in anyway )and Management info.All info sourced from Local Newspaper /Social media accounts and club website.

Manager : Stewart Maxwell

Assistant Manager : Gordon Moffat

Coaches Kevin Finlayson , Kenny Jarvis

Gk Coach Brian McNeiL

Playing Squad *New Player

Michael McKinven Gk , Alex Connell* Gk

Danny MacKenzie Def ,Danny Boyle Def ,Scott Walker Def,Gary McCulloch* Def/ Mid

Jordan McGuire Mid , Gavin MacKie Mid , Gary McMenamin Mid ,

Andy Johnstone Mid , Lee Gallacher Mid ,Stefan Law* Mid

Robert Maguire* Mid/Fwd , Shaun Fraser Mid/Fwd , Willie Sawyers Fwd ,

Kevin Watt Fwd , Gary Carroll* Fwd

• Season ticket and membership prices / Supporters club prices and Friendly details can be found on the club website http://www.robroy.org.uk/

594d04cb69fb9_DC55tFaXYAAmbvu.jpglarge.thumb.jpg.4d94349ef353827d6ac867574ba84ef9.jpg

DC56Kg0WAAAQ2-7.thumb.jpg.cbd6eb983518613bd2b6ff4c7f40caca.jpg

Edited by rednblack

Very informative post,,well done,, just what p&b  should be about,,good to see Maxi has addressed our weak area(midfield) from last season.A couple of defenders and we're good to go.

On paper and from last season we know the game is not played on paper the manager has done well. Spot on in the newspaper we have lost three regulars but brought in a strong type midfielder (McCulloch) like McMenamin which we need Whelan was a ball player and we have a few of them.

Chris Duff really talented player would take him back anytime but did go a bit flat as season went on bringing in two young hungry boys attacking types (Law and Maguire) looking to prove themselves is exactly what we should be doing (also read we will have a handful of under 21s and trialsts doing pre season so all bases seem to be covered) .

We have also kept a good few players i was really keen to keep so hopefully we have another good season next and with light at the end of the stadium tunnel i feel the Roy are definitely on the cusp of a new era which in turn hopefully brings in new blood by that i mean fans and people who can get involved in the new set up.

Back to players losing Green was a blow but with possibly two centre backs coming in I'm hopeful one will show the consistency Green did.

Hopefully McKinven shows his excellent form towards the end of the season, shame about Jordan Brown he was so well thought of but if he's not happy then that's football it's better he goes.

Good luck to Kenny Jarvis on his new position. With him an Rab, I'll certainly be hoping the club do very well this season.

Would like to see covered standing terracing but doesn't look as if there is space behind goals, do we really need to spend £ on seating area 

Would like to see covered standing terracing but doesn't look as if there is space behind goals, do we really need to spend £ on seating area 

Modern day yes you do. Give people the option. Not sure how accurate that drawing is won't be far away.
End of the day as long as we are playing in Kirky that's the main thing!
Looks great to btw.