rednblack

All Things Kirky Rob Roy - Season 17/18 ⚽

530 posts in this topic

Young guy.

Right back

Played towards end of season for us. Didn't play first half of season.

Personally i like him good attitude, determined, decent player with good potential. Should do well.

Is the new ground anywhere near starting yet? It's frustrating that clubs like Benburb and Glasgow City have built grounds in the last 3 years since KRR left Adamslie. Having said that, considering Kirkintilloch waited 40 years for a bypass road to be built it's hardly surprising. 

Not started in the hands of the council to tie up the loose ends can't say anything else .

Current squad

2017/18

Rob Roy squad currently

Michael McKinven Gk

Alec Connell Gk

Danny MacKenzie

Danny Boyle

Scott Walker

Jordan McGuire

Gavin MacKie

Gary McMenamin

Gary McCulloch

Andy Johnstone

Lee Gallacher

Stefan Law

Robert Maguire

Shaun Fraser

Willie Sawyers

Kevin Watt

Gary Carroll

New signings

Gary Carroll Arthurlie

Stefan Law Thorniewood

Robert Maguire St Rochs

Gary McCulloch Sauchie

Alec Connell Thorniewood Gk

Young Rob Roy under 21 striker Connor Hughes who featured towards the end of last season will be doing pre season with us having signed a duel contract.

Should be another few signings to come, happy with them so far!

As it stands.

5 in

7 out

12 staying on from last season

17 squad so far.

Gary Carroll very much like sawyers. Can't see they 2 been in same team. Need to be either 1 and watt

23 premier league goals last season between the three. Great trio to have and good options for the manager. I doubt anyone plays like sawyers he's unique

23 premier league goals last season between the three. Great trio to have and good options for the manager. I doubt anyone plays like sawyers he's unique

Good player but not unique watt if fit scores more goals need both to be fit all season and we will be in the mix again new boy be a good back up

New boy certainly won't be back up. He has an excellent reputation . All three need to earn a starting spot even sawyers.

But can he put a fruit pastel in his mouth without chewing it?

New boy certainly won't be back up. He has an excellent reputation . All three need to earn a starting spot even sawyers.

Go with the tried and trusted first new boy has to work for his place other 2 have earned their place to start with good problem to have if his rep as good as you say both strikers have to fight to keep their shirt

In my opinion Gary Carroll is totally different from Sawyers and will become a better player.  Still loads to learn but has an eye for goal.  I don't know why he wasn't wanted at Dunterlie. A very strange decision but I've no doubt he will be a success at the Rabs.

Edited by Satori.

That's a powerful front line the rabs have now with the capture of Carroll 

Go with the tried and trusted first new boy has to work for his place other 2 have earned their place to start with good problem to have if his rep as good as you say both strikers have to fight to keep their shirt

Don't agree with that at all. You can't live on last season. You earn your place again through pre season training and friendlies. That's the way it should be.Players need to know they have to earn there place again that's what a new season is all about and what keeps players motivated take that away and people just turn up in any shape and treat pre season as a time to mess about knowing they are getting picked. The comment made by someone else about sawyers being similar to carroll i thought was a strange comment from what i have seen and heard they are different types of players.  

Good to have three excellent options up front. I like what the management are doing bringing in talented hungry players who want to do well at this level.

More importantly in my humble opinion is the fact we have lost our 2 centre half. Any word on replacements?

Don't agree with that at all. You can't live on last season. You earn your place again through pre season training and friendlies. That's the way it should be.Players need to know they have to earn there place again that's what a new season is all about and what keeps players motivated take that away and people just turn up in any shape and treat pre season as a time to mess about knowing they are getting picked. The comment made by someone else about sawyers being similar to carroll i thought was a strange comment from what i have seen and heard they are different types of players.  Good to have three excellent options up front. I like what the management are doing bringing in talented hungry players who want to do well at this level.

I can assure you they are very similar players. I was in same team as Gary for a couple year and played against wullie for same amount of time. Both good players with their back to goal n won't runaway from you.

More importantly in my humble opinion is the fact we have lost our 2 centre half. Any word on replacements?

Heard we have two offers in and waiting to hear back.
The manager and his number two have everything under control I'm sure of that.

Not what i have heard from numerous people and even if they are both similar that's can also be a good thing as a direct replacement for each other. Very happy to have all three either way.

Not what i have heard from numerous people and even if they are both similar that's can also be a good thing as a direct replacement for each other. Very happy to have all three either way.

What have you heard? Bearing in mine as I said I've witnessed it first hand n your going through hearsay.

What have you heard? Bearing in mine as I said I've witnessed it first hand n your going through hearsay.

What type of player he is from supporters who have seen him week in week out, from players he's played alongside and one manager. You opinion is different no big deal.

You at Cumbernauld next season then?