Bobby the Brain Heenan

Aye, same, thought he'd died when I seen this. 

Hennan, whilst before my time, has been great in anything I've seen him in. Even the Mania 17 Gimmick Battle Royal (GOAT match) he was on form. 

4 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Was worried that he'd died when I saw there was a thread for him.

My favourite manager ever.

That was my 1st thought. As a broadcast journalist team, Heenan & Monsoon are right at the top. They bounced off each other so well. And in terms of humour, Heenan is unrivaled. That Rumble mentioned above, he was in fine form. "That's definitely not fair to Flair!". When Piper save Flair from from Jake Robert's DDT, " I never thought I'd say this, but thank you Rowdy, it's not a skirt it's a kilt." Then, 10 secs later when Piper attacks Flair. "Why you no good creep. You skirt wearing freak. It's not a kilt, it's a skirt!" :lol:

17 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

I remember him when I used to watch the WWF (wwe). Absolutely hilarious in his commentary.

Has anyone ever bettered him?

Are we glossing over he single handedly ruined the biggest heel turn in pro wrestling history?

• 3 months later...

Although he was before my time, can never tire of watching clips on WWE Network or YouTube with him and Gorilla (Monsoon) on commentary.

Arguably the best manager of all time as well

As you posted back in June @TheGoon, his commentary during the gimmick battle royal at WM X-Seven was one of the best parts of the PPV. Don't get me wrong some of Lawler's lines back in the late 90s & early 2000s were gold, but nothing compared to Bobby's work

Archived