Sign in to follow this  
Yfs1

9v9 or 11v11

will need to be 9v9 if SYFA intend to add it in.

Not sure exactly what the question is.  I know there was a trial taking place but don't know the results? 

Trials in Dumfries has proved a success and now syfa having several proposals to transgress from 7's to 9's then finally 11's as the gulf between 7's and 11's is to big a gulf for majority of young 06 boys
My personal opinion think it's a great idea

Be good if they can implement it for 06s I think too late for 05s

Would also be nice to have summertime football as well too many games get cancelled throughout the winter

6 hours ago, rigano said:

Is there any update on 9 a side being rolled out? 

Nothing as of yet.

On 08/07/2017 at 13:20, rigano said:

Is there any update on 9 a side being rolled out? 

Don't hold your breath. This was suppose to be being implemented years and years ago but never happened so why expect anything different now. 

9s pilot is continuing in West Lothian this season at 06 age group. Hopefully the league and sfa will have learned from their mistakes last season with 05 age group

Personally I think 9v9 is utter rank.   4v4, 5v5, 7v7 at least follow a certain shape (leads nicely into a 433 or 4231).   What does 9v9 do?

Been through this pathway a few times, had prepared the kids well, and they took to it well.   Tried 9s and hated it.

Biggest problems going to 11s are:

• Goalies have no experience kicking the ball and the size of the goals
  • At 11s you are adding on a back 4.   Defenders have no experience of defending as a unit, headering the ball, balancing, etc...
  • The offside rule.

I personally, through experience, see no benefit in 9s.   Also, re squad size,  2x 8player squads at 7aside let you form a nice 11s squad.

If doing 9s, do some players get less time or do you increase size of 2 squads then have to lose a few for 11s again?

I was told by a Football development guy that the FA are dropping 9v9.  There's also the issue of facilities and equipment.

The transition from 7s to 11s is interesting, some teams manage it easily, others are lost.  The age they do it at means you have a mixture of guys who are still very small and others who are well on their way to becoming young adults.  The team I coach has a couple of big, fast boys and the difference it makes to games is amazing.  The rest will catch up,  but at transition it makes it very difficult for some.  

Not sure 9s would address that.  

SFA wont vote on implementing 9s across Scotland until next August. Very much still at trial and development stage in the process.

(s on the right size pitches and 7s goals would work better than the jump straight into 11s with clubs unlikely to know what they are playing 1/2 mnths before they start the season which is far from ideal from a coach perspective.