Cumbernauld United 2017-2018

BeverleyHills

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Was he on holiday when ur neighbours needed him ? 

You are plumbing new depths here !  I was at the reverse fixture earlier on .Your hospitality was first class , a questionable referee but nevertheless a smashing game .Hope you return to darkest deepest Ayrshire with a tear in your eye result wise but otherwise enjoy the experience . Sadly I have to miss todays game but welcome to civilisation :-)

Was he on holiday when ur neighbours needed him ? 

Stick to stabbing a manager in the back who got u your first success in years and wondering if they'l be any players left to fill your own showers as your idiot of a chairman has already said 7 of your squad are diddies ?
Shambles of a club !!!
Come on our near neighbours !

You are plumbing new depths here !  I was at the reverse fixture earlier on .Your hospitality was first class , a questionable referee but nevertheless a smashing game .Hope you return to darkest deepest Ayrshire with a tear in your eye result wise but otherwise enjoy the experience . Sadly I have to miss todays game but welcome to civilisation :-)

Hard to pick who I’d want to win here. A club with arseholes such as Darvel Legend getting managers sacked and running his mouth off on a public forum or a club supported by folk that think Cumbernauld is the height of civilisation.

Disappointing result for us today, once again we had officials that left us scratching our heads with some of their decisions. A Darvel player received a red card for committing a foul in side the box, he got the call right, but he then sent the player off when the laws regarding this type offence has changed. He then ruled out a perfectly good goal for offside despite the player being well inside when the ball was played.

Darvel will be delighted with the point and quite right too, they played for 60 mins with ten men.

We could have played all day there and not scored, it was one of those days. To round it off we gave away an own goal in the dying mins, such is life.

Met the famous Darvel Legend, I told him the Kilsyth boys are looking forward to meeting him Lol

4 minutes ago, TheNauld said:

Disappointing result for us today, once again we had officials that left us searching our heads with some of their decisions. A Darvel player received a red card for committing a foul in side the box, he got the call right, but he then sent the player off when the laws regarding this type offence has changed. He then ruled out a perfectly good goal for offside despite the player being well inside when the ball was played.

Darvel will be delighted with the point and quite right too, they played for 60 mins with ten men.

We could have played all day there and not scored, it was one of those days. To round it off we gave away an own goal in the dying mins, such is life.

Met the famous Darvel Legend, I told him the Kilsyth boys are looking forward to meeting him Lol

Ha ha ha pal all the best for rest of the season 

44 minutes ago, TheNauld said:

Disappointing result for us today, once again we had officials that left us scratching our heads with some of their decisions. A Darvel player received a red card for committing a foul in side the box, he got the call right, but he then sent the player off when the laws regarding this type offence has changed. He then ruled out a perfectly good goal for offside despite the player being well inside when the ball was played.

Great result for us today, great set up at Cumbernauld, the kids lived there private pitch to play on. All the best for the rest of the season

7 hours ago, .Stuart. said:

Hard to pick who I’d want to win here. A club with arseholes such as Darvel Legend getting managers sacked and running his mouth off on a public forum or a club supported by folk that think Cumbernauld is the height of civilisation.

i shall give you a wee hand here .Do you know why Irvine is unique in the bird world ?...........It's the only place known where seagulls fly upside down because there is hee haw worth shitting on 

An odd one today - Darvel started the stronger but for all of their possession they weren't getting within 30 yards of the home goal and then as Cumbernauld started to take control of the game the Darvel 8 latched onto a ball into box to rifle his team ahead. Cumbernauld now huffed and puffed to try and get back into the game on a pitch that was cutting up and after creating some chances they were given the perfect opportunity.

A ball across the visitors box saw a couple of players go down and it has to be said that to the surprise of everyone in the ground the referee pointed to the spot and showed the red card to the Darvel defender. Sadly for United Murphys penalty was poorly hit and too close to the keeper who got down and knocked it away. At half time the ref seemed to indicate that the player had gone for a pull and a kick, have to say I didn't see either.

Missed out on the 50-50 by ONE.

Second half and Murphy immediately made amends when within the first minute his corner into the box led to the visiting keeper failing to collect the ball as he ran into a couple of players and in the ensuing stramash the ball was kicked into the net - Paul Murphy claimed it but no idea who had capitalised on the keepers error. With United now scenting the win against 10 men and sensing that the keeper was dodgy under a cross a second came when a corner form the other side was glanced home at the near post.

And that should have been that but there were still twists to come - Darvel were forced into a substitution after the number 10 injured himself when he appeared to kick the fence whilst kicking the ball away after failing to control it and allowing it to run out for a throw-in. And then the sucker punch - with the Darvel still not really putting the home defence under any real pressure they levelled things up when a ball into the box was sliced into his own net by the Cumbernauld No. 7

Cumbernauld couldn't find the winner (or indeed either could Darvel) and the referee blew for full time on an enjoyable draw.

Biggest shocker of the day - hat and gloves on the lino.

IMG0841A.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived