Cumbernauld United 2017-2018

BeverleyHills

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, TheNauld said:

Very disappointing result today, we were very poor in the first half and only came into the game in the second half, we got ourselves back into the game with a tremendous goal from youngster Jamie Kennedy only to go behind again from the slack play that has cost us dearly this season.

Next week we're away to Darvel which will be a tough place to go to and try and get our first points of the season

I noticed on your team sheet that Paddy McCabe was playing at left back. Is that the same boy from last year that' played up front and scored a few goals for you. 

An excellent result yesterday despite the referee trying his best to ruin the game. I thought we deserved the win albeit a tough game.
Excellent hospitality from our hosts, and the Killie Pie was superb [emoji122][emoji122]

37 minutes ago, TheNauld said:

An excellent result yesterday despite the referee trying his best to ruin the game. I thought we deserved the win albeit a tough game.
Excellent hospitality from our hosts, and the Killie Pie was superb emoji122.pngemoji122.png

Yea you did deserve the win and a good team you have there , it's a brilliant league to be involved in and long may these cracking games continue 

• 2 weeks later...

As each week passes the wee drop of optimism I had stored up is being eroded by the same folk making the same mistakes in every game . Somebody famous once said " stupidity / insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result "  Getting beaten by teams outplaying you is sore but that's football .Watching a group of defenders week in week out tossing games away is just not worth the effort of going to watch .I fully expect we will gift our neighbours from Kilsyth at least one goal this week end

As each week passes the wee drop of optimism I had stored up is being eroded by the same folk making the same mistakes in every game . Somebody famous once said " stupidity / insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result "  Getting beaten by teams outplaying you is sore but that's football .Watching a group of defenders week in week out tossing games away is just not worth the effort of going to watch .I fully expect we will gift our neighbours from Kilsyth at least one goal this week end

I'll be happy with that!!! Just hope we don't reciprocate.

Looking already like an obvious case of  "onwards and downwards " Tayport this coming Saturday  would not bet on anything other than an extremely early exit from the Scottish. Feel sorry for George Watson despite his efforts behind the scenes we are worse off now than under the management of  Geordie Shaw .At the end of this season the sad thing is that even a moderately good team with a slice of luck could make it to the new super league - not saying it's too late at this time but we can no longer be the home for "Mr Cock- up "every week throwing away points ,goals  and scoring opportunities Stevie Wonder would convert

A well deserved victory today, totally controlled the game.
Tony Stevenson who slotted in at centre back had an excellent game, Dixie who started today and Paddy were also outstanding. Hopefully this run will continue in the forthcoming league games

An excellent 3 points for us yesterday, I thought we just edged an evenly balanced game. The support certainly got value for money with the football that was on display.
The halftime and full time hospitality was excellent as usual.
Next week we’re away to Largs so we can expect another tough game.
The Sportsman’s dinner was an excellent evening and many thanks to everyone who attended this.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived