Bill Cosby

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Naaah.... Chop off his BBC.

Eta... Thought you might have had a wee bit more sympathy for a fellow octogenarian.

You are the one that seems to have sympathy for an abuser.  I certainly don’t.

It's an old argument I know, but isn't a prison stretch meant to rehabilitate and reform, or should it be regarded purely a punishment?
At 80 years old he's hardly likely to re-offend - just ask Granny Danger.

Laughing at the idea that the American prison system is about rehabilitation and reform.

35 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Naaah.... Chop off his BBC.

Eta... Thought you might have had a wee bit more sympathy for a fellow octogenarian.

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You are the one that seems to have sympathy for an abuser.  I certainly don’t.

There's abusers and there's abusers. Thinking about the BBC what did you think about their exposure of a star from your heyday who (allegedly) never abused anyone in his life?

Was their story in the public interest?

I'm sure you'll know who I'm talking about - he used to sing about The Young Ones.

7 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Laughing at the idea that the American prison system is about rehabilitation and reform.

I wasn't specifically thinking about the American prison system..... but just out of curiosity would you consider that they have a better system than we do in this country?

I wasn't specifically thinking about the American prison system..... but just out of curiosity would you consider that they have a better system than we do in this country?

Nah but it’s two bald men fighting over a comb isn’t it? It’s essentially an accepted form of slavery over there at this point. Even the Clintons were abusing it for their own benefit.

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2017/06/the-clintons-had-slaves

14 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Nah but it’s two bald men fighting over a comb isn’t it? It’s essentially an accepted form of slavery over there at this point. Even the Clintons were abusing it for their own benefit.

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2017/06/the-clintons-had-slaves

Interesting article, confirming my long held view that the Clintons were/are a pretty despicable couple.

2 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

It's an old argument I know, but isn't a prison stretch meant to rehabilitate and reform, or should it be regarded purely a punishment?

At 80 years old he's hardly likely to re-offend - just ask Granny Danger.

I think most prison sentences tend to be about forging friendship's with other inmates,working for a crooked governor whilst tunnelling your escape thanks to obtaining a series of sexy posters....saw it in a documentary once.

17 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Wasn't he found not guilty recently? They found nothing after searching his homes.
Also no witnesses were at the trial either ?

Now he will be off on a summer holiday to digest this all in

If I follow the current court case correctly I believe he was not arrested or charged, it never got as far as being 'found not guilty'.

15 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

He's an absolute c**t - no doubt it, but what's the point in jailing him for 10 years at the US tax payer's expense?

I heard on the radio it was 30 years.

1 hour ago, Northboy said:

If I follow the current court case correctly I believe he was not arrested or charged, it never got as far as being 'found not guilty'.

He wasn't arrested or charged, but South Yorkshire Police did tip off the  BBC who thought they were on to a major scoop  in exposing another Jimmy Saville.  Ironic that, given that the BBC knew what had been going on with him for several years but chose to turn a blind eye.

No doubt they will have to cough up a fortune to compensate Sir Cliff, as did South Yorkshire Police but who'll pick up the tabs for all that compensation, not to mention legal fees, costs, etc. Tax payers, TV license payers?

17 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I heard on the radio it was 30 years.

15 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I doubt it makes much difference at his age.

No, I meant to make the same point. And of course, I might have misheard, I was trying to avoid getting side swiped by a couple off buses at the time.

• 4 months later...

Archived