Managers Making Step Up

9 minutes ago, coach said:

Willie Torrance  finished the season as the Under-17 Coach at Dumbarton.

F.C.

Their entire youth set-up,with teams under-13,14,15 and 17 has folded.

Willie, I hear, is set for a coaching position at Motherwell F.C.

What a coach he is and a top guy aswell. In my opinion he Was a massive  factor in our broomhouse squad that got to scottish semis a cuppo year back     Top lad

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mate says full squad?? At least 16.

Yeah that certainly could be true. I know that there's defo 10 away. Shame as they were probably the second best team in the central. It certainly weakens the league.

2 hours ago, The golden child said:

Sorry to hear about EK decent team anybody got any gossip on the drum ? heard there manager stepping down and the guy burky taking over ??

Burky took over last year but hes stepping down as the fitbaw was interfering with his sunbed routine!!

14 hours ago, TNW said:

Burky took over last year but hes stepping down as the fitbaw was interfering with his sunbed routine!!

Drum struggling last season what's the plan for the new season? They had some excellent players in their U21s team but heard they don't want to bring any up to the amateurs what's the point in having a 21s side?

I think there's too many players at 21's who think that amateur football is beneath them. Not commenting on the drum just in general from players of that age I know. If their next move isn't Pollok or Talbot at a minimum they get on their high horse about being better than this or that level. Again not all players at that level but it is in my opinion a widespread problem that doesn't help amateur football.

1 hour ago, Crazy Feet said:

Drum struggling last season what's the plan for the new season? They had some excellent players in their U21s team but heard they don't want to bring any up to the amateurs what's the point in having a 21s side?

Totally agree as post above says prob think ammy is beneath them will have eyes on juniors

1 hour ago, TNW said:

Totally agree as post above says prob think ammy is beneath them will have eyes on juniors

you would think they would see a season at the very least of amateur, against older, more experienced and perhaps a more physical environment, would benefit them before going into juniors

3 hours ago, TNW said:

The story I heard was the amateurs actually didn't want any of their players and half a dozen of them are away to another amateur team now.

On 08/06/2017 at 21:03, Donscott22 said:

What a coach he is and a top guy aswell. In my opinion he Was a massive  factor in our broomhouse squad that got to scottish semis a cuppo year back     Top lad

Don. You are bang on. Willie is a smashing guy. Know him from his days

at Shettleston, but more when he was involved with Wellhouse, who

went on to win the Scottish Amateur Cup. Just before last Christmas,

I attended a Dumbarton Pro Youth Under-15 game at Alexandria,

and he kindly spent time speaking with me prior to his Under-17 match

going ahead. Scott Leitch was very keen to get him into the Motherwell

set-up, and I am sure he will do very well.  Top guy.

24 minutes ago, The Shawdow said:

Taking a full team from amateur to Junior is a gamble. Usually you can take a couple and fit them into a decent side. 

Maybe in years gone by but the standard gap between junior and top amateur is narrowing. Certainly up to the Central 1st Division I think. Super 1st is a tough league and most amateur teams would get relegated from that.

10 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

Maybe in years gone by but the standard gap between junior and top amateur is narrowing. Certainly up to the Central 1st Division I think. Super 1st is a tough league and most amateur teams would get relegated from that.

Gap is closer now to be fair, just think a full team stepping up may be tricky. Hopefully they do well 

You wish any players the best of luck that are trying to better themselves by going to a higher level. But imo going from cale 1st division to super 1st could just be too much of a jump and it's a big gamble from shettleston.

5 hours ago, Paul M said:

You wish any players the best of luck that are trying to better themselves by going to a higher level. But imo going from cale 1st division to super 1st could just be too much of a jump and it's a big gamble from shettleston.

Cotter has many contacts in junior football after being involved in it for a long time. It won't be a case of Broomhouse moving to junior, a good number of boys are stepping up then it's down to them to prove they are good enough.

Cotter has many contacts in junior football after being involved in it for a long time. It won't be a case of Broomhouse moving to junior, a good number of boys are stepping up then it's down to them to prove they are good enough.

Of course it's down to them to prove they are good enough and hopefully they do. But we're talking about between 7/10 players moving. They'll
Make up around %50 of the shettleston squad.

Archived