FIFA 18

FifeArab

Weekly objectives got changed up a bit. No longer just win 4 on world class for your TOTS player, now all you've got to do is score 2 goals in 10 consecutive matches with MLS players.  

It's almost like theyre just trying to keep you busy and distracted at this stage. Looked forward to seeinf what ROW 10 needs. Hat tricks in 40 consecutive games with Craig Gordon?

I picked up Giovinco after findinh him unplayable at times so ill give it a go to see if I can slog my way through it.  At least the Juventus objective should be achievable with super Marchisio in the team

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, it's a horrid objective. I've managed it in 8 out of 10 games so far. Last night most people were happy just to exchange two goals at the start of the game but not so much this morning.

It should up the price of TOTS cards at least.

I don't understand why they forced that one to be online. might just play online with a bronze team with Valeri, Pirlo and Bastian up front just to show the opposition im not bothered. just cant be arse having to do it for 10+ games.

Nice team. How’s SMS?

I’m seriously tempted to complete my team with him. 

Or, drop Henry into cm and put CR7 at striker ? Seen many pros using Henry at cm; must be a reason for it?

Nice team. How’s SMS?
Or, drop Henry into cm and put CR7 at striker ? Seen many pros using Henry at cm; must be a reason for it?

Aye, their arseholes!

I'm what you may call a purist in fifa terms. I don't tend to put strikers to cm etc I don't do the pause at kick off to change to 41212 or that either. It frustrates me as I play with a scottish/ spfl hybrid and have to put up with all that.

14 hours ago, Mayos Noun said:

Nice team. How’s SMS?

Aye he’s class. Very good at corners too. Can only imagine how good his TOTS is going to be.

I see people mentioning the pausing right at the start of the game.  What does that achieve?

I did the La Liga SBC and got a 94 rated Casemiro in return.  Not really impressed with him so far, although that's probably because I'm having to completely change the way I play to satisfy this fucking weekly objective.  I picked up Allessandrini and Vela IF cards to try and help Giovinco out (because he's fucking toilet), but since tried to punt Vela because he is also shit.  Alessandrini is very good though, and at least gives me another option to try and get the goals.  The objective itself can get to f**k though.  I get that they're trying to make things a little harder, and that's fine, but it's an extremely awkward one to try and get at the best of times, and even more so when they've made it online only.  You're essentially at the mercy of whoever you get put up against.  I've gotten higher than I ever have before in Seasons, but I'm still pretty shit at the game, so having to play purely to get a couple of specific players scoring is very difficult for me.

It also really exposes how dreadful the AI is in FIFA games.  Normally you're attacking as a team, and if one player makes a stupid run, or more likely none at all, then you have other options.  But on these weird objectives where you have to get specific players to score, it's maddening to watch them hang around doing f**k all.  I've got Giovinco set to get in behind and stay central, but a lot of the time he'll disappear out wide and then just stay there.  Other times he'll run alongside the guy with the ball like he's playing school football, and when he does decide to run, he gets caught offside more often than not.  I know it can't wholly be blamed on the game, but the match engine itself is severely lacking.  

Still, four more games to go to leave this objective far behind.  Can't wait to see what fuckery they come up with next week.

I much prefer Squad Battles.  At least then the games seem consistent, and you know roughly what you're getting.  Online you're getting people using every little exploit or boost they can, and actively trying to annoy you with celebrations/replays etc etc.  Plus offline you can pause whenever you want.  I think it's good that they're splitting objectives amongst game modes, but this one has been particularly annoying.

I had one guy let me score two, to which I reciprocated, but I hate satisfying the objectives that way.  Just seems cheap, no matter how annoying the game is.  I've had plenty clearly trying to complete it too that haven't given me an inch.  It makes a bit of a mockery of the ladder system when you have people intentionally getting relegated or throwing games just to complete it.

Trying to play Squad battles and the gameplay is so sluggish and bad. players not reacting. this is suppose to be Offline so how the hell can it happen?

Done MMs and got the usually absolute nothing. Games Junk

Have done 6 of these sbc's for different tots players so far. 

Courtois, fabinho, otamendi, mahrez, saul and aspas came out then. Aspas may be the best card I've used, superb! Was hoping for a messi etc but must be nigh on impossible. Not sure what league is next? 

Archived