FIFA 18

FifeArab

25 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Be honest, how much have you spent on Fifa Points? "Pack Luck" only gets you so far...

I've not spent anything other than getting the top end edition at the start of the game giving me my free packs and then my wife bought me FIFA points as part of my Christmas (which ended up being the points I packed Messi with). Out of that team I packed Messi, Kimmich, Vidal, Boateng, Bender, Mustafi and Griezmann. I did the Overmars and Costa SBCs as well as the Bundesliga one (which I plan for every year) and the Larsson one (which was surprisingly cheap). As I said earlier I have focused quite a bit on trading and buying in bulk before selling on and I have been very lucky with my timing on that one. Sarah for example I bought two of his OTW cards when they were down at 300k or so and then he goes and gets a couple of IFs and all of a sudden that card is worth 650k+. If you take Messi out of that team it isn't a totally unrealistic side for someone that plays a fair bit of FIFA and knows how to trade and build a team. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've not spent anything other than getting the top end edition at the start of the game giving me my free packs and then my wife bought me FIFA points as part of my Christmas (which ended up being the points I packed Messi with). Out of that team I packed Messi, Kimmich, Vidal, Boateng, Bender, Mustafi and Griezmann. I did the Overmars and Costa SBCs as well as the Bundesliga one (which I plan for every year) and the Larsson one (which was surprisingly cheap). As I said earlier I have focused quite a bit on trading and buying in bulk before selling on and I have been very lucky with my timing on that one. Sarah for example I bought two of his OTW cards when they were down at 300k or so and then he goes and gets a couple of IFs and all of a sudden that card is worth 650k+. If you take Messi out of that team it isn't a totally unrealistic side for someone that plays a fair bit of FIFA and knows how to trade and build a team. 

Very fair point re Messi, to be fair.

I never plan in advance for SBCs but probably should. I've essentially got the whole SPL in my club in preparation for a league SBC - which I'm hopefully will come in at some point.

Packing all of those plays is crazy luck, best I've had was Courtious.

Currently trying to do the Rui Costa SBC but it's proving to be fairly expensive.

1 minute ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Very fair point re Messi, to be fair.

I never plan in advance for SBCs but probably should. I've essentially got the whole SPL in my club in preparation for a league SBC - which I'm hopefully will come in at some point.

Packing all of those plays is crazy luck, best I've had was Courtious.

Currently trying to do the Rui Costa SBC but it's proving to be fairly expensive.

I just got into the habit of trawling through teams and leagues and buying up as early as I could so that when the SBCs come around I can either sell everyone or do the requirements. Most leagues that don't get included at the start you can do the individual sides for pennies. Then you identify some teams that have particularly rare players and take a gamble. Last year I bought 85 Fojut's for 200 coins each because he was the only central defender for his team and I had heard there was going to be a Polish league SBC (which there wasn't) so that was a gamble that didn't pay off. I made a huge amount on the the English Championship and Ligue 1 challenges. This has definitely been my one and only year of pack luck and then getting Messi was just ridiculous. He is clearly amazing but I have been getting tempted with the idea of selling him as he is currently going for nearly 3.4 million and it would mean I can do pretty much what I wanted from here on in. 

Squad Battles has been changed massively now. On release if you were beating teams they would try and attack more leaving space now if 5-0  down they just park the bus. Just played a squad who had numbers forward and a wall at the back complete piss take then the sheer fact selections slow and they exploit any gaps and every shot flies in.

Hard enough without the game using exploits to win. Custom Tactics should be off as folk clearly setting teams to park the us etc

Top it all off with another load of pish packs as so called rewards

1 hour ago, Yonas said:

Squad Battles has been changed massively now. On release if you were beating teams they would try and attack more leaving space now if 5-0  down they just park the bus. Just played a squad who had numbers forward and a wall at the back complete piss take then the sheer fact selections slow and they exploit any gaps and every shot flies in.

Hard enough without the game using exploits to win. Custom Tactics should be off as folk clearly setting teams to park the us etc

Top it all off with another load of pish packs as so called rewards

I noticed about 2 weeks ago that SB gameplay had changed massively. Still enjoy it but seems some of the coding has changed. I used to like the way if it was 1-1 with 20 to go the teams would open up and start being  a bit more attacking. 

My "pack luck" from SBs has been awful, which I'm putting down to the rewards in general being packs full of rubbish. 

I've lost about 8 games in a row now. Relegated from division 4 and looks like I'm heading the same way in division 5. Infuriating.

Also, I played a guy who had a full PSG sqaud with all the IF's ended up loosing 6-0 and had 1 sending off. Got a message after saying I play like a 'scared little boy' :lol: 

What are the SBCs?  Squad building challengers obviously, but how do they work?  I only really go onto FUT to build a team, then play online seasons until it makes me so seething I physically can't anymore, then repeat.

I’ve done a dozen now and literally just wasted coins. Some get good pack luck though, also if you’re after one of the icons or upgraded players that can be the only way.

3 hours ago, forameus said:

What are the SBCs?  Squad building challengers obviously, but how do they work?  I only really go onto FUT to build a team, then play online seasons until it makes me so seething I physically can't anymore, then repeat.

You build a squad to the parameters set, and trade them away in exchange for a prize. You get upgrade SBCs which give you packs, or player SBCs that give you specific players. The icon card SBCs are pretty impossible, Larssons is classed as cheap but costs about 700k coins all in. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

You build a squad to the parameters set, and trade them away in exchange for a prize. You get upgrade SBCs which give you packs, or player SBCs that give you specific players. The icon card SBCs are pretty impossible, Larssons is classed as cheap but costs about 700k coins all in. 

Fair enough.  Well, if there does end up being a Scottish Premiership one, I should be good.

2 minutes ago, forameus said:

Fair enough.  Well, if there does end up being a Scottish Premiership one, I should be good.

Not sure there will be this year, think they usually have one if there's been an absolute standout player to get a POTY to, not sure what Scottish league player fits that bill this time around. 

Think it was a 84 rated Griffiths last season. 

39 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think the Larrsson is closer to about 400k, still expensive but he’s 1m coins to buy. 

Archived