FIFA 18

FifeArab

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only just scratched the surface of this since getting it on Friday evening. Mucked about with Ultimate Team and tried a few of the challenges/squad battles/objectives as well as fannying about for ages trying to pick some nice kits and a badge (seeing as though United and 1860 Munich are not on the game!). Only played against the computer so far but as with every new game it feels a bit odd at the moment. Defending feels utterly useless and the shooting feels a little off (but it does at the start of every FIFA)

I'm going to be avoiding FUT Champs this year due to fairly imminent baby arrival in the next few weeks. Will stick to seasons, squad battles, the Journey and maybe a career game if I can be bothered. 

Ultimate team is fucked due to this defending, it's absolutely farcical. Get a striker with high agility, run at the centre of defence and change direction quickly and you're in 1v1, finesse shot and you score. That's the only tactic I've faced in the 10-15 matches I've played so far. Last two games have ended 7-7 and 5-4.

Absolutely brutal stuff.

Ultimate team is fucked due to this defending, it's absolutely farcical. Get a striker with high agility, run at the centre of defence and change direction quickly and you're in 1v1, finesse shot and you score. That's the only tactic I've faced in the 10-15 matches I've played so far. Last two games have ended 7-7 and 5-4.

Absolutely brutal stuff.

Agree with most of this. Thought the game has been great so far but defending is a fucking joke. Players like Mbappe and Gabriel Jesus are fucking untouchable.

And the fucking through balls are ridiculously over powered. There's elements of the ping pong passing returning from what I've seen so far.

A lot of things needing nerfed or people will be returning this.

Agree with most of this. Thought the game has been great so far but defending is a fucking joke. Players like Mbappe and Gabriel Jesus are fucking untouchable.

And the fucking through balls are ridiculously over powered. There's elements of the ping pong passing returning from what I've seen so far.

A lot of things needing nerfed or people will be returning this.

It's not enjoyable at all. Better when you play the AI, so I'm sticking to offline stuff until they change it.

I finished Squad battles in elite 3. was 35 points away from elite 2 as well, nightmare. Think I could have done much better. 

I have a Calcio A squad and a Bundesliga one. Both cost me about 110k each. 

I have about 120k spare right now and likely to have a lot more in the next few days just from rewards and playing more games with my boosts on.

How much did Mane end up setting you back?

The 83 rated premier league squad was a fucker. Managed to fill it with Schmeichel, Clyne, Cahill, Mustafi, Rose, Bernardo Silva, Matic, Gueye, Fabregas & Costa.

The Mane’s journey was a piece of piss until I realised I actually needed Mane himself for it so he’s cost overall about 250k.

Only shite thing is that his POTM card is untradeable.

I don't play anything other than online seasons.

am I missing out on ultimate team?

fwiw. Mkhitrayan in the best in it so far. Unplayable 

I signed Mkhitrayan and I'm in full agreement he is deadly. I'm not doing the Mane squad builder as Sane has been doing the business but I've got a Kane and some players saved up as Harry Kane must be a shoe in for POTM this month.

Got some decent rewards for the squad battles and made about 100k out of it and done a few of the gold upgrades sbcs and got an untradeable Ousmanne Dembele and Oblak so might start a LA Liga team at some point

Archived